Subject: [ippm] <admin> ippm list temporarily moderated

From: Matthew J Zekauskas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:52:23 -0400

FYI,

Because I've been receiving tons of Sobig.F worm spews via a
mibs list, I'm putting the ippm list into moderated mode for a
few days.  I don't have any evidence that it has been used as
a conduit, but this should ensure junk with headers that
indicate it's from a list member will not traverse the list.

(For what it's worth, the list has gotten 13 copies of either
the worm itself or bounces related to the worm over the last
24 hours, none of which had forged headers indicating a list
member.)

I expect to remove the moderated bit from the list this weekend,
and will pass any legitimate mail on ASAP (but there could be
a few hours delay).

--Matt

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm