Subject: [ippm] Network Benchmarking Considerations Draft

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:52:55 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Y'all:

A while back, I posted Considerations in Benchmarking Routing Protocol
Network Convergence, draft-white-network-benchmark-01.txt, to BMWG. This is
slated to be an individual contribution/informational RFC, since it doesn't
appear to fit within BMWG's purview, nor any other WG. I've recently posted
the -01 version of this draft, but it's probably stuck in a queue
someplace, and it's identical to the -00 version, other than date changes,
anyway.

So, I'd like to get any comments on this I can. I've asked Alex (the
Routing AD) to place it into last call as an individual
submission/informational at this point.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt

Thanks!

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: "Robert Holley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:50:42 -0500

Russ,

You draft is very interesting. I haven't seen much response on this list
unless you've recieved some direct response.

There is some work being done on building measurement methodologies that
combine multiple parts.

For example, the IPPM group is working on a "IP part". It sounds like you
are working on an "OSPF part".

And there are others working on other parts (e.g. "SS7 parts" etc.)

I haven't found a group yet that is officially working on how the parts fit
together.

There is recent movement in the industry by the FCC to start "investigating"
how IP networks fit into the national telecommuncations picture from a
regulatory perspective.

So, I expect that an understanding of multiple "parts" will be required to
get the full picture.

regards
Bob

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Russ
> White
> Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 8:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [ippm] Network Benchmarking Considerations Draft
>
>
> Y'all:
>

---

From: "Robert Holley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:50:42 -0500

Russ,

regards
Bob