Subject: [ippm] Document Action: 'A One-way Active Measurement Protocol Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:29:54 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A One-way Active Measurement Protocol Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-reqs-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

RFC Editor Note

In the Security Considerations, in the discussion of open mode -

OLD:

   In this mode, mandatory-to-use mechanisms
   must be specified that prevent the use of the protocol for network
   capacity starvation denial-of-service attacks (e.g., only sending
   test data back to the client that requested them to be sent with the
   request delivered over a TCP connection).

NEW:

   In this mode, mandatory-to-use mechanisms
   must be specified that prevent the use of the protocol for network
   capacity starvation denial-of-service attacks (e.g., only sending
   test data back to the client that requested them to be sent with the
   request delivered over a TCP connection), and that prevent a worm
   from using the protocol to send test data to a very large number of
   hosts in a short time (e.g. ensuring that open mode requests can only
   be made by humans, rate-limiting the acceptance of open mode
   requests).

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm