Subject: [ippm] CFP: ACM Internet Measurement Conference 2011

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 04:11:08 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------------
			   Call for Papers
		 Internet Measurement Conference 2011
	   Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM and ACM SIGMETRICS and
		      in cooperation with USENIX
			  November 2-4, 2011
			   Berlin, Germany
	       http://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2011
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The eleventh Internet Measurement Conference is a three day event
focusing on all aspects of measurement-based research pertaining to
today's Internet. Building on the success of past IMCs, we invite
submissions of papers that contribute to our understanding of all
aspects  related to the Internet through the collection, analysis, or
visualization of all types of  network-related measurements. Examples
of relevant topics are:

* Internet traffic and topology measurement
* Internet-oriented wireless, and mobility measurement
* Internet performance measurements
* Inter-domain and intra-domain routing
* Measurement-based network management such as traffic engineering
* Network applications such as multimedia streaming, gaming and
on-line social networks
* Measurement of sensing applications, including home networking and
green networking
* Measurements of content distribution, peer-to-peer, overlay, and
social networks
* Internet data-specific issues, including anonymization, querying,
and storage
* Measurement-based inference of network properties and structures
* Design of and experiences with new monitoring systems
* Algorithms for network measurements, including sampling and
statistical inference methods
* Network anomaly detection and troubleshooting
* Software tools for analyzing and visualizing high-volume Internet-
related datasets
* Measurement related to network security and privacy
* Measurement-based assessment of simulation/testbeds
* Measurement-based modeling and workload generation
* Reappraisal of previous measurement findings
* Measurement related to data centers and the cloud
* Measurement of technological and socio-economic aspects of networking
* Relevant end-host and end-user measurements

Papers that do not in some fashion relate to measuring aspects of the
Internet or Internet-like systems are out of scope. Moreover, papers
describing original ideas and novel validation methods will be given
preference over submissions that report on incremental improvements of
the existing  state-of-the-art. Authors can contact the Program
Co-Chairs  for clarification if they are unsure whether their paper is
in scope.

Ethical standards for measurement must be considered by all IMC
authors. In particular, authors  must be aware of and conform to
acceptable use policies for individual domains that are probed  or
monitored, data privacy and anonymity for all personally identifiable
information, and etiquette  for using shared measurement data (see
Allman and Paxson, IMC '07). If applicable, authors are also  urged to
notify parties of security flaws in their products or services in
advance of publication.  Adherence to ethical standards for
measurement will be a criteria for all submissions and
violations---including ambiguous situations not well described---will
be grounds for rejection.

Submission Guidelines
---------------------

There are two forms of submissions:

   1. Full papers (up to 14 two-column pages) describing original
      research, with succinctness appropriate to the topics and themes
      they discuss.

   2. Short papers (up to 6 two-column pages for text and figures + 1
      page for references) conveying work that is less mature but shows
      promise, articulating a high-level vision, describing challenging
      future directions, critiquing current measurement wisdom or offering
      results that do not merit a full submission.  Short papers will be
      subject to a 7-page limit in the Proceedings (with the last page for
      references only).

Note: Previous IMCs have utilized a "reject to short" notion
whereby full paper submissions have been accepted as short papers. IMC
2011 will not be using this procedure.  Any submission longer than
allowed by the above short guidelines will be considered a full paper.

Note: Authors are encouraged to think carefully about whether to
submit a full or short paper.  In the past there have been many instances
whereby a full submission has been found to be lacking enough technical
contribution for a full paper, but for which the PC finds an interesting
portion of the paper that would have been a very nice contribution as
a short paper.

Submissions must be in electronic form, as PDF documents. The
submission must conform to the page limits stated above, and with text
written in at least a 10-point font (Fonts used in Figures etc should
be no smaller than 9 pt) satisfying the requirements
specified below.

   * use double column format
   * the size of each column should be at most 9.25" by 3.33"
   * the space between columns should be at least 0.33"
   * use 10pt font
   * use up to 55 lines of text per column

The http://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2009/sig-alternate-10pt.cls
style file should satisfy these requirements.

Please use -t letter when converting the .dvi file to pdf.

All manuscripts must be in English and do not need to be anonymized.
Submissions that do not comply with these requirements will not be read.

All full papers and short papers accepted for presentation will be
published in the Conference Proceedings produced by ACM. A few accepted
papers may be forwarded for fast-track submission to the IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Networking.

To encourage broader data sharing in the community, the conference will
present a best paper award for the top paper that makes its data sets
publically available by the time of camera ready submission. For
example, wireless-network data sets may be published through CRAWDAD.
Authors that would like their paper to be considered for this award
should add a footnote on the first page of their submission (and indicate
this by selecting the appropriate button on the paper registration/submission
page).

A limited number of travel grants may be available to students who
are unable to secure funding from their advisors.

Important Dates
---------------

   * May 6, 2011, mid-night EDT: Registration of title and 250-word abstract
   * May 13, 2011, mid-night EDT: Hard submission deadline
   * July 22, 2011: Notification
   * November 2-4, 2011:</b> Conference held in Berlin, Germany

Program Co-Chairs
-----------------

Patrick Thiran, EPFL
Walter Willinger, AT&T Labs-Research

Program Committee
-----------------

Katerina Argyraki (EPFL, Switzerland)
Martin Arlitt (HP Labs and University of Calgary, Canada)
Suman Banerjee (University of Wisconsin, USA)
Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of Maryland, USA)
Fabian Bustamante (Northwestern University, USA)
Augustin Chaintreau (Columbia University, USA)
Xenofontas Dimitropoulos (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
Lixin Gao (University of Massachusetts, USA)
Alexandre Gerber (AT&T Labs-Research, USA)
Srikanth Kandula (Microsoft Research, USA)
Thomas Karagiannis (Mirosoft Research, UK)
Sachin Katti (Stanford University, USA)
Ramana Kompella (Purdue University, USA)
Christian Kreibich (ICSI, USA)
Nikolaos Laoutaris (Telefonica Research, Spain)
Olaf Maennel (Loughborough University, UK)
Ratul Mahajan (Microsoft Research, USA)
Z. Morley Mao (University of Michigan, USA)
Hung X. Nguyen (University of Adelaide, Australia)
Antonio Nucci (Narus, USA)
Konstantina (Dina) Papagiannaki (Intel Labs, USA)
Lili Qiu (University of Texas, USA)
Reza Rejaie (University of Oregon, USA)
Pablo Rodriguez (Telefonica Research, Spain)
Matthew Roughan (University of Adelaide, Australia)
Vyas Sekar (Intel Labs, USA)
Rob Sherwood (Deutsche Telekom Labs, USA)
Georgios Smaragdakis (TU Berlin and Deutsche Telekom Labs, Germany)
Joel Sommers (Colgate University, USA)
Neil Spring (University of Maryland, USA)
Renata Teixeira (CNRS and UPMC Sorbonne Universites, France)
Steve Uhlig (TU Berlin and Deutsche Telekom Labs, Germany)
David Wetherall (University of Washington, USA)
Lixia Zhang (UCLA, USA)

Sponsors
--------

Gold: Akamai
Silver: HP and Technicolor