Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:42:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Loss Episode Metrics for IPPM
	Author(s)       : Nick Duffield
                          Al Morton
                          Joel Sommers
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-06-20

   The IETF has developed a one way packet loss metric that measures the
   loss rate on a Poisson probe stream between two hosts.  However, the
   impact of packet loss on applications is in general sensitive not
   just to the average loss rate, but also to the way in which packet
   losses are distributed in loss episodes (i.e., maximal sets of
   consecutively lost probe packets).  This draft defines one-way packet
   loss episode metrics, specifically the frequency and average duration
   of loss episodes, and a probing methodology under which the loss
   episode metrics are to be measured.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-02.txt