Subject: [ippm] Document Action: 'Framework for TCP Throughput Testing' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:43:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for TCP Throughput Testing'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-13.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Wesley Eddy and David Harrington.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm/

Technical Summary

This document describes a framework for measuring sustained TCP
throughput performance in an end-to-end managed network environment.
This document is intended to provide a practical methodology to help
users validate the TCP layer performance of a managed network, which
should provide a better indication of end-user experience. In the
framework, various TCP and network parameters are identified that
should be tested as part of the network verification at the TCP layer.

Working Group Summary

The TCPM working group provided reviews that helped improve this
document, especially Richard Scheffenegger, Alex Zimmermann, and
John Heffner.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Henk Uijterwaal and the responsible AD is Wesley Eddy.