Subject: [ippm] Fwd: Expiration impending: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:37:58 +0100

IPPM group,

Happy new year.

Authors: Please update this draft.
All others: please read and comment on this document so we can finish it.

Henk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Expiration impending: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 04:42:11 -0800
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>,        Matthew Zekauskas
<[email-masked]>

The following draft will expire soon:

Filename: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss
Title:    Round-trip Loss Metrics
State:    I-D Exists
Expires:  2012-01-08 (in 5 days, 19 hours)

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:27:21 -0500

> >Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 04:42:11 -0800

Hi Henk,

Although strike-readiness training is obliterating an obscene amount
of my otherwise productive time, I stole some cycles for IPPM work
today.

I updated this draft, checking for open issues raised on the list
last year, and nits raised by the nit checker.  The results are in 02,
below.

I expect to make some more progress on drafts and promised comments
this weekend...

regards,
Al

Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-02.txt
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics 
Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Round-trip Loss Metrics
         Author(s)       : Al Morton
         Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-02.txt
         Pages           : 12
         Date            : 2012-01-06

    Many user applications (and the transport protocols that make them
    possible) require two-way communications.  To assess this capability,
    and to achieve test system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements
    are frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
    Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
    measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
    no metric specified according to the RFC 2330 framework.

    This memo adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance Metrics
    (IPPM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-02.txt

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:03:49 +0100

Hi Al, IPPM-group,

> last year, and nits raised by the nit checker.  The results are in 02,

Al: Thanks for updating the draft.  It looks as if the changes are very minor
and, as there has been little discussion on the draft, I think we can
go to WGLC for this one.

IPPM-group: please read the draft, if there are issues you want to bring up
before WGLC, bring them up now.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There appears to have been a collective retreat from reality that day.
                                 (John Glanfield, on an engineering project)

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:04:51 +0100

> last year, and nits raised by the nit checker.  The results are in 02,

As a participant: while the text in section 10 is correct, this is
mainly background information for the IANA.  There should be statement
saying that the entire section 10 can be removed on publication.

Henk