Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-08.txt> (Reporting Metrics: Different Points of View) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:17:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Reporting Metrics: Different Points of View'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Consumers of IP network performance metrics have many different uses
   in mind.  The memo provides "long-term" reporting considerations
   (e.g, days, weeks or months, as opposed to 10 seconds), based on
   analysis of the two key audience points-of-view.  It describes how
   the audience categories affect the selection of metric parameters and
   options when seeking info that serves their needs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.