Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-03.txt> (Round-trip Loss Metrics) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:31:58 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Round-trip Loss Metrics'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many user applications (and the transport protocols that make them
   possible) require two-way communications.  To assess this capability,
   and to achieve test system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements
   are frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
   Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
   measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
   no metric specified according to the RFC 2330 framework.

   This memo adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance Metrics
   (IPPM).

There is a normative down-ref to RFC 2330, which has been used in this
way by the IPPM working group before, and is present in the IESG's
down-ref registry.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.