Subject: [ippm] Paris meeting

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:16:54 +0100

IPPM Group,

We have a 2 hour slot at the Paris meeting.  I'm currently trying to decide
if we need this slot for a face-2-face meeting.  Agenda requests so-far,
besides the usual administrative stuff.

1. draft-morton-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt
   new version addressing Yaakov's comments in -02

2. draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2679-00
   minor updates

3. draft-morton-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-01
   new version.

   I have not seen any discussion on these 3 drafts on the list.  The question
   is whether a face-2-face discussion is needed to discuss issues on the
   drafts.

4. draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-valua-added-octets
   I have received 2 comments on this draft by private mail.  I'll summarize
   to the list once the comment period is over.  I'm keeping some time
   for this on the agenda though I doubt that a face-2-face discussion will
   be necessary.

So, with this in mind, if you are the author of any of the drafts, please
let me know what you want to discuss in Paris.

Of course, if you have other agenda topics but didn't ask for a slot, please
do so today.

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There appears to have been a collective retreat from reality that day.
                                 (John Glanfield, on an engineering project)

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:24:43 +0100

Hi Henk,

Al and I have added some more test results in testplan-rfc2679. We'd be
happy to present them.

Regards,

Ruediger

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henk Uijterwaal
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:17 AM
To: IETF IPPM WG
Subject: [ippm] Paris meeting

IPPM Group,

Henk

There appears to have been a collective retreat from reality that day.
                                 (John Glanfield, on an engineering project)
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:10:12 -0400

Hi Henk,

As Rüdiger says, we've added a new analysis section
in -testplan-rfc2679-01 <<< note higher version than agenda.
Rüdiger has investigated the experimental conditions
needed for successful delay distribution comparison using
the Anderson-Darling K-sample tests.

Also, -testplan-rfc2680-02 <<< note higher version than agenda
now includes the results and analysis where there were only
placeholders before, including goodness-of-fit for our
Poisson stream implementations. This draft has never been
presented at an IPPM meeting.

Unfortunately, both these drafts were published last Sunday the 11th,
so the working group hasn't had much time to find them among the
tide of other submissions near the deadline.

The first draft on the agenda, has been discussed both on-list
and face-to-face since the last ippm session, but it too
has never been presented at an IPPM meeting. Version 02
addresses the latest comments, as you said.

So, this is an opportunity for ippm folks to read the drafts
and help us earn some agenda time.

regards,
Al

At 06:24 AM 3/14/2012, [email-masked] wrote:
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henk Uijterwaal

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:49:27 +0100

IPPM group,

After discussion last week, we will meet in Paris.  On the agenda:

0. Administrative stuff.

3. draft-morton-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02
   new version.

4. AOB

Note that draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-valua-added-octets has been dropped from the
agenda.  I just posted comments on this draft and everybody else is invited
to do so as well.  However, I don't think that a face-2-face discussion is
needed.

Henk

ps. I'm still trying to figure out if/how I can make it to Paris next week,
so I may need a replacement chair.

--