Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 06:27:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Round-trip Packet Loss Metrics
	Author(s)       : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-05-08

   Many user applications (and the transport protocols that make them
   possible) require two-way communications.  To assess this capability,
   and to achieve test system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements
   are frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
   Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
   measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
   no metric specified according to the RFC 2330 framework.

   This memo adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance Metrics
   (IPPM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-05.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss/