Subject: [ippm] Document Action: 'Reporting IP Network Performance Metrics: Different Points of View' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:57:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Reporting IP Network Performance Metrics: Different Points of View'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Wesley Eddy and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics/

Technical Summary

  Consumers of IP network performance metrics have many different uses
  in mind.  The memo provides "long-term" reporting considerations
  (e.g, days, weeks or months, as opposed to 10 seconds), based on
  analysis of the two key audience points-of-view.  It describes how
  the audience categories affect the selection of metric parameters and
  options when seeking info that serves their needs.

Working Group Summary
  The normal IPPM WG process was followed and the document has been
  discussed for several years.  The document as it is now, reflects WG
  consensus, with nothing special worth noticing.

Document Quality

   The document does not describe an actual protocol, but gives guidance
   on metrics.  This guidance comes from the experiences of practitioners
   and analysis.

Personnel

  The document sheperd is Henk Uijterwaal, and the responsible Area
  Director is Wesley Eddy.

RFC Editor Note

Please change this sentence in section 2, 2nd paragraph:
     The scope of this memo primarily covers the design and
     reporting of the loss and delay metrics [RFC2680] [RFC2679].
to:
    The scope of this memo primarily covers the test design and
    reporting of the loss and delay metrics [RFC2680] [RFC2679].