Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets-03.txt> (Ericsson TWAMP Value-Added Octets) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 05:30:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Ericsson TWAMP Value-Added Octets'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an extension to the TWAMP test protocol for
   identifying and managing packet trains, which enables measuring
   capacity metrics like the available path capacity, tight section
   capacity and UDP delivery rate in the forward and reverse path
   directions.

   This memo contains the description of a working prototype. It does
   not represent a consensus of the IETF community. The IETF community
   is currently working on the problem statement and has not reached
   consensus on the preferred method for measuring capacity metrics.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-value-added-octets/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1782/