Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 21:46:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Test Plan and Results for Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards Track
	Author(s)       : Len Ciavattone
                          Ruediger Geib
                          Al Morton
                          Matthias Wieser
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   This memo proposes to advance a performance metric RFC along the
   standards track, specifically RFC 2680 on One-way Loss Metrics.
   Observing that the metric definitions themselves should be the
   primary focus rather than the implementations of metrics, this memo
   describes the test procedures to evaluate specific metric requirement
   clauses to determine if the requirement has been interpreted and
   implemented as intended.  Two completely independent implementations
   have been tested against the key specifications of RFC 2680.

   In this version, the results are presented in the R-tool output form.
   Beautification is future work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/