Subject: [ippm] RFC 6703 on Reporting IP Network Performance Metrics: Different Points of View

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6703

        Title:      Reporting IP Network Performance Metrics: 
                    Different Points of View 
        Author:     A. Morton, G. Ramachandran,
                    G. Maguluri
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60152
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-metrics-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6703.txt

Consumers of IP network performance metrics have many different uses
in mind.  This memo provides "long-term" reporting considerations
(e.g., hours, days, weeks, or months, as opposed to 10 seconds),
based on analysis of the points of view of two key audiences.  It
describes how these audience categories affect the selection of
metric parameters and options when seeking information that serves
their needs.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC