Subject: [ippm] RFC 6673 on Round-Trip Packet Loss Metrics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6673

        Title:      Round-Trip Packet Loss Metrics 
        Author:     A. Morton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28458
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-rt-loss-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6673.txt

Many user applications (and the transport protocols that make them
possible) require two-way communications.  To assess this capability,
and to achieve test system simplicity, round-trip loss measurements
are frequently conducted in practice.  The Two-Way Active Measurement
Protocol specified in RFC 5357 establishes a round-trip loss
measurement capability for the Internet.  However, there is currently
no round-trip packet loss metric specified according to the RFC 2330
framework.

This memo adds round-trip loss to the set of IP Performance Metrics
(IPPM).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC