Subject: [ippm] 1st IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and Classification for Advanced Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS): CFP

From: "Alessio Botta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:10:36 +0200

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

-------------------------------------------------------------
1st IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and Classification for Advanced
Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS):
CALL FOR PAPER - First announcement
-------------------------------------------------------------

1st IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and Classification for Advanced
Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS)

http://www.grid.unina.it/TRICANS2013

* Workshop Description *
TRICANS workshop will provide an excellent international forum for sharing
state-of-the-art advances and experiences in scientific research on Internet
traffic identification and classification and their associated applications
on advanced network scenarios and novel network services. TRICANS will
explicitly consider traffic identification and classification as well as
management issues related to very hot and challenging scenarios such as
content-centric networks (CCN), Software Defined Networks (SDN), cloud
computing systems and data centers, virtual networks, and the like. The
ever-growing network link speeds have reached hundreds of Gbps and they are
quickly approaching to Tbps in the core network. In order to support
accurate network profiling of users and services, ISPs have been relying on
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), flow-based techniques, or other behavioral
analysis of the Internet traffic. However, there are still a number of
challenges in this field. On one hand, new networked applications come daily
into play bringing massive amounts of traffic data to be processed in
real-time. Such traffic volume keeps pushing industry and academia
researchers to develop affordable yet efficient traffic identification and
classification systems. To this end, there are demands for high-performance
distributed and parallel traffic classification systems for both commodity
or special-purposed hardware platforms. On the other hand, in the long-term,
such solutions for traffic profiling will become part of the network
management tools and techniques portfolio available for advanced network
services. Also, new architectures and their supporting technologies, such as
information- and content -centric networking architectures, cloud computing
and network virtualization, and the like, will require network profiling
services to enable robust and dynamic networking services capabilities. To
address these research challenges, this workshop will focus on theory,
tools, techniques, and applications of traffic identification and
classification systems to enable advanced support for next-generation
network architectures, services, and scenarios.

The topics covered by the workshop include, but are not limited to, the
following:
- Measurement and modeling of Internet traffic for advanced networked
services
- Network and system troubleshooting through DPI technologies
- Lightweight technologies for DPI in routers and middle-boxes
- Network profiling of users and networked applications
- Security and privacy in traffic identification and classification
mechanisms
- DPI technologies support for virtual networks and cloud computing
management
- Profiling network traffic in data center networks and cloud computing
systems
- Inferring and assessing Quality of Experience (QoE) of users and services
- Novel visualization techniques for traffic classification and analysis
- Packet processing support in operating systems for novel line-rate network
services
- Management of large network traffic data sets
- SDN approaches for network performance monitoring
- Traffic classification in SDN network elements and controllers
- Traffic Classification and Identification of Cloud services
- Traffic Classification and Identification for Internet Security
- Classification and Identification of Botnet

* Submission Guidelines *
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit a full paper (5 pages) for
review.
Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for
publication elsewhere will be considered. These submissions should follow
the IEEE ICC 2013 formatting guidelines, templates for which are available
at the main conference web page. The maximum paper length is of five (5)
pages. 
Submission website: https://edas.info/N13453?c=13453

* Important Dates *
- 4th of January 2013, registration of abstracts
- 11th of January 2013, paper submission deadline
- 22th of February 2013, notification deadline
- 8th of March, camera ready
- Workshop date: Week of ICC, 2013

* Workshop General Chairs *
- Stenio Fernandes, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
- Antonio Pescapé, University of Napoli ''Federico II'', Napoli, Italy
- Géza Szabó, Ericsson Traffic Laboratory, Budapest, Hungary

--
Alessio Botta, PhD
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica Università degli Studi di Napoli
"Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy) [Room 3.09]
Phone: +390817683865 - Fax: +390817683816
Skypeid: alessiobotta
Email:	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]
WWW: http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta