Subject: [ippm] FWD: New Version Notification for draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt

From: Cuiyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:08:45 +0000

Dear All,

The following is a new draft on network measurement using IPsec, which is not supported by current O/TWAMP.

I will present this draft at ATL in place of Emily Bi.
Comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Yang
==================
 Yang Cui,  Ph.D.
 Huawei Technologies
 [email-masked]

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2012年10月15日 13:15
收件人: Bixiaoyu
抄送: Cuiyang; Konstantinos Pentikousis
主题: New Version Notification for draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Emily Bi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-bi-ippm-ipsec
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
Creation date:	 2012-10-15
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider deployment calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance.  Unfortunately, however, standard IP
   performance measurement mechanisms cannot be readily used with IPsec.
   This document makes the case for employing IPsec to protect O/TWAMP
   and proposes a method which combines IKEv2 and O/TWAMP as defined in
   RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, respectively.  This specification aims, on the
   one hand, to ensure that O/TWAMP can be secured well, while on the
   other hand, it extends the applicability of O/TWAMP to networks that
   have already deployed IPsec.

The IETF Secretariat