Subject: [ippm] NetGames 2012 - Call for Participation (Nov. 22-23 - Venice, Italy)

From: "Maha Abdallah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 05:30:29 +0100

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
***********************************************************************
*                         NetGames 2012                               *
* The 11th Annual Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games   *
*                      November 22-23, 2012                           *
*		          Venice, Italy                               *
*                                                                     *
*       In co-operation with ACM SIGCOMM and ACM SIGMM                *
*    Technically sponsored by IEEE Communications Society             *
*                                                                     *
*          Early registration deadline: Nov 4, 2012                   *
*	         http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/                         *
***********************************************************************

We would like to cordially invite you to attend the 11th Annual Workshop
on Network and Systems Support for Games (NetGames 2012), which will be
held on November 22-23, 2012 in Venice, Italy, in the facilities of the
Venice International University (VIU), an international higher education
and research center on the island of San Servolo.

OVERVIEW
========
The NetGames workshop is a major annual international workshop that brings
together researchers and visionaries from academia, research labs, and
industry to present new research in understanding networked games of today
and in enabling the next generation of them. NetGames has become a
recognized venue for Promoting exciting discussions among its participants
in all areas related to online games and Virtual environments.

Two keynotes addresses, a panel discussion, and a total of 19 research
papers, posters and demos spanning various topics related to networked
games will be presented and discussed. We cordially invite you to attend
the workshop and share with us your feedback, thoughts, and experience.
Further details can be found at: http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/

REGISTRATION
============
Early registration deadline: November 4, 2012
Online registration site: http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/registration.html

ACCEPTED PAPERS
===============
A. Full papers:
   ------------
Adaptive Delta-Causality Control Scheme with Dynamic Control of Prediction
Time in Networked Haptic Game
Yusuke Hara (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Yutaka Ishibashi (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Norishige Fukushima (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Shinji Sugawara (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)

OGRE: A Cloud Platform for Seamless Wide Area Migration of Networked Games
Virajith Jalaparti (University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA);
Matthew Caesar (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA);
Seungjoon Lee (AT&T Labs Research, USA);
Jeffrey Pang (AT&T Labs - Research, USA);
Jacobus Van der Merwe (University of Utah, USA)

Thin to Win? Network Performance Analysis of the OnLive Thin Client Game
System
Mark Claypool (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA);
David Finkel (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA);
Alexander Grant (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA);
Michael Solano (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA)

The Game Trace Archive
Yong Guo (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands);
Alexandru Iosup (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)

Are All Games Equally Cloud-Gaming-Friendly? An Electromyographic Approach
Yeng-Ting Lee (National Taiwan University, Taiwan);
Kuan-Ta Chen (Academia Sinica, Taiwan);
Han-I Su (Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan);
Chin-Laung Lei (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)

Generation of Synthetic Workloads for Peer-to-Peer Gaming Benchmarks
Tonio Triebel (University of Mannheim, Germany);
Max Lehn (Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany);
Robert Rehner (Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany);
Benjamin Guthier (University of Mannheim, Germany);
Stephan Kopf (University of Mannheim, Germany);
Wolfgang Effelsberg (University of Mannheim, Germany)

Secure Peer-to-Peer Trading for Multiplayer Games
Chris GauthierDickey (University of Denver, USA);
Craig Ritzdorf (University of Denver, USA)

The Brewing Storm in Cloud Gaming: A Measurement Study on Cloud to
End-User Latency
Sharon Choy (University of Waterloo, Canada);
Bernard Wong (University of Waterloo, Canada);
Gwendal Simon (Institut Telecom - Telecom Bretagne, France);
Catherine Rosenberg (University of Waterloo, Canada)

Foretelling Online Game Addictveness
Jing-Kai Lou (National Taiwan University, Taiwan);
Kuan-Ta Chen (Academia Sinica, Taiwan);
Hwai-Jung Hsu (Academia Sinica, Taiwan);
Chin-Laung Lei (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)

B. Short Papers (Posters & Demos):
   -------------------------------
Managing Power for Closed-Source Android OS Games by Lightweight Graphics
Instrumentation
Benedikt Dietrich (Technical University of Munich, Germany);
Samarjit Chakraborty (Technical University of Munich, Germany)

Reducing Server Load in MMOG via P2P Gossip
Emanuele Carlini (IMT, Italy);
Laura Ricci (University of Pisa, Italy);
Massimo Coppola (CNR, Italy)

QoE Assessment of Fairness between Players in Networked Game with Olfaction
Yutaka Ishibashi (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Sosuke Hoshino (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Qi Zeng (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Norishige Fukushima (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan);
Shinji Sugawara (Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan)

Follow the Mob: an Innovative Approach for Roaming Characters in MMO Games
Dario Maggiorini (University of Milano, Italy);
Samuele Panzeri (University of Milano, Italy);
Laura Anna Ripamonti (University of Milano, Italy)

Towards a scalable refereeing system for online gaming
Maxime Veron (LIP6, University of Pierre and Marie Curie, France);
Olivier Marin (Lip6 - Inria, France);
Sebastien Monnet (University of Pierre and Marie Curie, France);
Zahia Guessoum (LIP6, , France)

Satisfying the Hunger for Mobile Online Games: Providing Quality Time in
Vehicular Scenarios
Jose Saldana (University of Zaragoza, Spain);
Gustavo Marfia (University of Bologna, Italy);
Marco Roccetti (University of Bologna, Italy)

Massively Multiplayer Online Games on Unreliable Resources
Vlad Nae (University of Innsbruck, Austria);
Lukas Kopfle (University of Innsbruck, Austria);
Radu Prodan (University of Innsbruck, Austria);
Alexandru Iosup (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)

An empirical study of Cloud Gaming
Marc Manzano (University of Girona, Spain);
Jose Alberto Hernandez (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain);
Manuel Uruena (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain);
Eusebi Calle (University of Girona, Spain)

The Revolution of StarCraft Network Traffic
Choong-Soo Lee (Gustavus Adolphus College, USA)

Success Factors of Events in Virtual Worlds - A Case Study in Second Life
Michael Steurer (Graz University of Technology, Austria);
Christoph Trattner (Graz University of Technology, Austria)