Subject: [ippm] RFC 6808 on Test Plan and Results Supporting Advancement of RFC 2679 on the Standards Track

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:21:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6808

        Title:      Test Plan and Results Supporting 
                    Advancement of RFC 2679 on the 
                    Standards Track 
        Author:     L. Ciavattone, R. Geib,
                    A. Morton, M. Wieser
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 62061
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2679-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6808.txt

This memo provides the supporting test plan and results to advance
RFC 2679 on one-way delay metrics along the Standards Track,
following the process in RFC 6576.  Observing that the metric
definitions themselves should be the primary focus rather than the
implementations of metrics, this memo describes the test procedures
to evaluate specific metric requirement clauses to determine if the
requirement has been interpreted and implemented as intended.  Two
completely independent implementations have been tested against the
key specifications of RFC 2679.  This memo also provides direct input
for development of a revision of RFC 2679.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC