Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 06:04:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rate Measurement Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-12-21

Abstract:
   There is a rate measurement scenario which has wide-spread attention
   of Internet access subscribers and seemingly all industry players,
   including regulators.  This memo presents an access rate-measurement
   problem statement for IP Performance Metrics.  Key test protocol
   aspects require the ability to control packet size on the tested path
   and enable asymmetrical packet size testing in a controller-responder
   architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:11:21 -0500

This update addresses comments from our recent session (IETF-85),

as well as Bill Cerveny's review/comments (off-list, thanks
Bill).

There are already solutions to the problem in circulation:

draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate  for protocol

draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics for methods of
measurement

regards,

Al

At 09:04 AM 12/21/2012, [email-masked] wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is
available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working
Group of the IETF.

Title           : Rate
Measurement Problem Statement

Author(s)       : Al Morton

Filename        :
draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt

Pages           :
10

Date            :
2012-12-21

Abstract:

There is a rate measurement scenario which has wide-spread
attention

of Internet access subscribers and seemingly all industry
players,

including regulators.  This memo presents an access
rate-measurement

problem statement for IP Performance Metrics.  Key test
protocol

aspects require the ability to control packet size on the
tested path

and enable asymmetrical packet size testing in a
controller-responder

architecture.

_______________________________________________

ippm mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: dengguangqing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:49:19 +0800

I am interested in rate measurement, and have these two solutions (namely draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate and draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics) ever been applied to practice? 

Guangqing Deng
cnnic 

From: Al Morton
Date: 2012-12-21 22:11
To: ippm
Subject: Re: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt
This update addresses comments from our recent session (IETF-85),
as well as Bill Cerveny's review/comments (off-list, thanks Bill).

There are already solutions to the problem in circulation:
draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate  for protocol
draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics for methods of measurement

regards,
Al

Abstract:

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:39:36 -0500

The short answer is "yes, in a way" (for both drafts),

but you'll have to wait to see results in a contribution.

Al

At 08:49 AM 12/30/2012, dengguangqing wrote:

I am interested in rate measurement,
and have these two solutions (namely draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate and
draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics) ever been applied to
practice?

Guangqing Deng

cnnic

From: Al Morton

Date: 2012-12-21 22:11

To: ippm

Subject: Re: [ippm] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt

regards,

Al

A New Internet-Draft is

Title           : Rate

Author(s)       : Al Morton

Filename        :

Pages           :
10

Date            :
2012-12-21

Abstract:

architecture.

ippm mailing list

[email-masked]

ippm mailing list

[email-masked]