Subject: [ippm] A couple of drafts on IPPM registries

From: MARCELO BAGNULO BRAUN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:59:09 +0100

Hi,

We have posted a couple of drafts exploring possible structures for 
registries for metrics.

One of the draft explores the possibility of having multiple 
independent registries for the different fields involved in
defining a metric. Find it at:

        Title           : A registry for commonly used metrics. 
Independent registries
        Author(s)       : Marcelo Bagnulo
                          Trevor Burbridge
                          Sam Crawford
                          Philip Eardley
                          Al Morton
        Filename        : draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-independent-00.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 2013-01-15

Abstract:
   This document creates a registry for commonly used metrics, defines
   the rules for assignments in the new registry and performs initial
   allocations.  This document proposes one particular registry
   structure with independent registries for each of the fields
   involved.  A companion document draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry
   explores an alternative structure with a single registry with
   multiple sub-registries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-independent

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-independent-00

The other draft explores an alternative structure with a single 
registry composed by multiple sub registries. The draft is:

        Title           : A registry for commonly used metrics
        Author(s)       : Marcelo Bagnulo
                          Trevor Burbridge
                          Sam Crawford
                          Philip Eardley
                          Al Morton
        Filename        : draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-00.txt
        Pages           : 25
        Date            : 2013-01-15

Abstract:
   This document creates a registry for commonly used metrics, defines
   the rules for assignments in the new registry and performs initial
   allocations.  This document proposes one particular registry
   structure with a single registry with multiple sub-registries.  A
   companion document draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-independent
   explores an alternative structure with independent registries for
   each of the fields involved. .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-00

Comments are welcome.

Regards, marcelo

-- 
----
MARCELO BAGNULO BRAUN
WebCartero
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid