Subject: Re: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt

From: Andreas Johnsson A <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:22:22 +0000

I would also like to point out RFC 6802 on rate measurements.

Best regards,
Andreas Johnsson

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Al Morton
Sent: den 31 december 2012 14:40
To: dengguangqing; ippm
Subject: Re: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt

The short answer is "yes, in a way" (for both drafts),
but you'll have to wait to see results in a contribution.

Al

At 08:49 AM 12/30/2012, dengguangqing wrote:

I am interested in rate measurement, and have these two solutions (namely draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate and draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics) ever been applied to practice?

Guangqing Deng
cnnic

From: Al Morton<mailto:[email-masked]>
Date: 2012-12-21 22:11
To: ippm<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt
This update addresses comments from our recent session (IETF-85),
as well as Bill Cerveny's review/comments (off-list, thanks Bill).

There are already solutions to the problem in circulation:
draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-morton-ippm-twamp-rate-02.txt>  for protocol
draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics-00.txt> for methods of measurement

regards,
Al

At 09:04 AM 12/21/2012, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Rate Measurement Problem Statement
         Author(s)       : Al Morton
         Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01.txt
         Pages           : 10
         Date            : 2012-12-21

Abstract:
   There is a rate measurement scenario which has wide-spread attention
   of Internet access subscribers and seemingly all industry players,
   including regulators.  This memo presents an access rate-measurement
   problem statement for IP Performance Metrics.  Key test protocol
   aspects require the ability to control packet size on the tested path
   and enable asymmetrical packet size testing in a controller-responder
   architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm