Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt

From: Cuiyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:49:34 +0000

WG:

FYI. We have updated the -00 version with the changes of the proposal's advantage, removed some incorrect sentences, and added references.
Any comment is welcome. Thanks!

Best regards,
Yang
==================
 Yang Cui,  Ph.D.
 Huawei Technologies
 [email-masked]

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2013年2月26日 1:48
收件人: Konstantinos Pentikousis
抄送: Bixiaoyu; Cuiyang
主题: New Version Notification for draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kostas Pentikousis and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-bi-ippm-ipsec
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
Creation date:	 2013-02-25
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider deployment calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance.  Unfortunately, however, standard IP
   performance measurement security mechanisms cannot be readily used
   with IPsec.  This document makes the case for employing IPsec to
   protect O/TWAMP and proposes a method which combines IKEv2 and
   O/TWAMP as defined in RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, respectively.  This
   specification aims, on the one hand, to ensure that O/TWAMP can be
   secured, while on the other hand, it extends the applicability of
   O/TWAMP to networks that have already deployed IPsec.

The IETF Secretariat