Subject: [ippm] High Performance and Programmable Networking 2013 (HPPN'13) - deadline extension

From: Alessio Botta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:15:58 +0100

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPER - The deadline has been extended to February 20th
-----------------------------------------------------------------

1st Workshop on High Performance and Programmable Networking 2013 (HPPN'13)
A workshop of the ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and
Distributed Computing, New York City, June 17-21, 2013

http://www.grid.unina.it/HPPN2013

* Workshop Description *
HPPN (High Performance and Programmable Networking) 2013 Workshop will
provide an international forum for presenting and discussing the latest
experiences and achievements in the field of programmable and high
performance networking platforms. The main idea of the workshop is to
share experiences and state-of-the-art advances related to using and
researching with platforms like NetFPGA, GPUs, and other programmable
hardware in the field of computer networks. Due the growing speed and
complexity of networking services and infrastructures, there is an
increasing interest in the networking research community to create
faster and smarter network devices and operations for experimental
purposes and for developing open network infrastructures. HPPN 2013 will
explicitly consider analysis and implementation of high performance and
programmable networking platforms related to very hot and challenging
scenarios, such as content-centric networks (CCN), Software Defined
Networks (SDN), cloud computing systems and data centers, virtual
networks, and the like. HPPN 2013 will focus on theory, tools,
techniques, and applications that enable the use of programmable
hardware platforms to support for high performance next-generation
network architectures, services, and scenarios. It explicitly asks for
implementation and testing of novel open software platforms over
programmable and high performance hardware (e.g., implementation and
testing of Software Defined Radios, Software Defined Networks, Intrusion
Detection Systems, etc. over high performance hardware platforms). The
following topics are of the interest for the workshop (not exhaustive list):
- Routing and Switching architectures
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Firewalling
- Network Packet Signature Matching and Packet Classification
- Network Traffic Classification, Network Traffic Generation
- Network Monitoring, Traffic measurement platforms
- OpenFlow and Software Defined Network implementations
- Implementation and Performance Tuning in Virtualized Networking
Infrastructures
- Software Defined Radio and Wireless Systems
- Online and Offline Massive Network Data Analysis
- Performance Comparison among High Performance architectures (FPGA vs.
Multicore CPU vs. GPU vs. etc)
- Energy comparison of systems and applications implemented using High
Performance architectures
- Energy-aware deployment of protocols, systems, and services
- Implementation of Machine Learning approaches using High performance
architectures
- Performance Acceleration and Improvements
- Performance Measurement of High Performance Networking systems
- Performance Optimization in Network Operating Systems

* Important Dates *
Abstract submission: February 20th, 2013 (EXTENDED) (11:59PM PST)
Paper submission: February 20th, 2013 (EXTENDED) (11:59PM PST)
Acceptance notification: April 5th, 2013
Final papers due: April 15th, 2013

* Submission Instructions *
Each submission must be a single PDF file *6 (six) pages*
in length, with a possible extension to 8 (eight) pages (with
no extra fees). Papers should be prepared in ACM SIG Proceedings format
(http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates) and
submitted electronically (as a PDF file). Papers must include the author
name and affiliation for single-blind peer reviewing by the program
committee. Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their
papers at the workshop. The website for submission is:
https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=hppn13

* Workshop Chairs *
Antonio Pescapè, University of Napoli Federico II, Italy
Stenio Fernandes, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil

***********************************

-- 
Alessio Botta, PhD
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy) [Room 3.09]
Phone: +390817683865 - Fax: +390817683816
Skypeid: alessiobotta
Email:	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]
WWW: http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta