Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 13:15:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Test Plan and Results for Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards Track
	Author(s)       : Len Ciavattone
                          Ruediger Geib
                          Al Morton
                          Matthias Wieser
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-02-17

Abstract:
   This memo proposes to advance a performance metric RFC along the
   standards track, specifically RFC 2680 on One-way Loss Metrics.
   Observing that the metric definitions themselves should be the
   primary focus rather than the implementations of metrics, this memo
   describes the test procedures to evaluate specific metric requirement
   clauses to determine if the requirement has been interpreted and
   implemented as intended.  Two completely independent implementations
   have been tested against the key specifications of RFC 2680.

   In this version, the results are presented in the R-tool output form.
   Beautification is future work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "MORTON JR., ALFRED (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:36:04 -0500

IPPM,

The revisions to the WG memo below are the result of
preparing the first draft RFC 2680 bis, which can be found at
the URLs below:

Filename:	 draft-morton-ippm-2680-bis
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A One-Way Loss Metric for IPPM
Creation date:	 2013-02-17
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-2680-bis-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-morton-ippm-2680-bis
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-ippm-2680-bis-00

Abstract:
   This memo (RFC 2680 bis) defines a metric for one-way loss of packets
   across Internet paths.  It builds on notions introduced and discussed
   in the IPPM Framework document, RFC 2330; the reader is assumed to be
   familiar with that document.

regards,
Al

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:16 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-02.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt