Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:39:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Advanced Stream and Sampling Framework for IPPM
        Authors         : Joachim Fabini
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-04-16

Abstract:
   To obtain repeatable results in modern networks, test descriptions
   need an expanded stream parameter framework that also augments
   aspects specified as Type-P for test packets.  This memo updates the
   IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC 2330 with advanced
   considerations for measurement methodology and testing.  The existing
   framework mostly assumes deterministic connectivity, and that a
   single test stream will represent the characteristics of the path
   when it is aggregated with other flows.  Networks have evolved and
   test stream descriptions must evolve with them, otherwise unexpected
   network features may dominate the measured performance.  This memo
   describes new stream parameters for both network characterization and
   support of application design using IPPM metrics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/