Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 08:27:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Passive Performance Metrics Sub-Registry
        Authors         : Aamer Akhter
                          Benoit Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-04-07

Abstract:
   This memo defines the Passive Performance Metrics sub-registry of the
   Performance Metric Registry.  This sub-registry will contain Passive
   Performance Metrics, especially those defined in RFCs prepared in the
   IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Working Group of the IETF, and possibly
   applicable to other IETF metrics.

   IPPM Passive metric registration is meant to allow wider adoption of
   common metrics in an inter-operable way.  There are challenges with
   metric interoperability and adoption (to name a few) due to flexible
   input parameters, confusion between many similar metrics, and varying
   output formats.

   This memo proposes a way to organize registry entries into columns
   that are well-defined, permitting consistent development of entries
   over time (a column may be marked NA if it is not applicable for that
   metric).  The design is intended to foster development of registry
   entries based on existing reference RFCs, whilst each column serves
   as a check-list item to avoid omissions during the registration
   process.  Every entry in the registry, before IANA action, requires
   Expert review as defined by concurrent IETF work in progress
   "Registry for Performance Metrics" (draft-manyfolks-ippm-metric-
   registry).

   The document contains example entries for the Passive Performance
   Metrics sub-registry: a registry entry for a passive metric based on
   octetTotalCount as defined in RFC5102 and a protocol specific passive
   metric based on RTP packets lost as defined in RFC3550.  The examples
   are for Informational purposes and do not create any entry in the
   IANA registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-registry-passive-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/