Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:07:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Updates for IPPM's Active Metric Framework
        Authors         : Al Morton
                          Joachim Fabini
                          Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-03-06

Abstract:
   This memo updates the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC
   2330 with new considerations for measurement methodology and testing.
   It updates the definition of standard-formed packets in RFC 2330 to
   include IPv6 packets and augments distinguishing aspects of packets,
   referred to as Type-P for test packets in RFC 2330.  This memo
   identifies that IPv4-IPv6 co-existence can challenge measurements
   within the scope of the IPPM Framework.  Exemplary use cases include,
   but are not limited to IPv4-IPv6 translation, NAT, protocol
   encapsulation, or IPv6 header compression.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:24:28 +0100

Dear ippm,

we have submitted a new revision of RFC2330-IPv6 update. This version
considers review comments sent by Fred Baker and Marius Georgescu - many
thanks again for their valuable input.

Main changes include addition of a new section 5 that discusses
potential consequences of NAT and IPv4-v6 transitioning technologies
onto measurements. Moreover, a paragraph on load balancers has been
added in section 3 as we consider this topic to be strongly related to
the Type-P definition and class C treatment.

Open topics include the handling of large packets in IPv6 (including
fragment extension headers, PMTUD, PLMTUD), extent of coverage for 6LO
and IPv6 Header Compression, and the continued need to define a "minimal
standard-formed packet".

Any feedback or input is warmly welcome.
best regards
Joachim

On 2017-03-06 09:07, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ippm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm
>