Subject: [ippm] Support for draft-mirsky-ippm-twamp-refl-registered-port

From: "Fabregas, Guiu (Nokia - ES/Madrid)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 18:34:13 +0000

Hi all,

I've gone through this draft and agree with the authors on the need of a well known port for TWAMP, so I wanted to expres my support this work.

It will considerably simplify a number of deployment scenarios related to TWAMP light.

Looking forward to seeing this draft progress.

Thanks,
Guiu

---

From: Henrik Nydell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:14:51 +0100

I have seen that some vendors of TWAMP senders (I believe EXFO and possibly
Spirent) use port UDP/862 as default port despite being defined only for
the TCP portion of TWAMP-control. Has consideration within ippm been done
on opting for that port to be used also for TWAMP-test or is there a
preference for a higher (>1024) port number?

On 22 Mar 2017 7:35 PM, "Fabregas, Guiu (Nokia - ES/Madrid)" <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've gone through this draft and agree with the authors on the need of a
> well known port for TWAMP, so I wanted to expres my support this work.
>
> _______________________________________________
> ippm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm
>

-- 

Avis de confidentialité

Les informations contenues dans le présent message et dans toute pièce qui 
lui est jointe sont confidentielles et peuvent être protégées par le secret 
professionnel. Ces informations sont à l’usage exclusif de son ou de ses 
destinataires. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, veuillez s’il vous 
plait communiquer immédiatement avec l’expéditeur et en détruire tout 
exemplaire. De plus, il vous est strictement interdit de le divulguer, de 
le distribuer ou de le reproduire sans l’autorisation de l’expéditeur. 
Merci.

Confidentiality notice

This e-mail message and any attachment hereto contain confidential 
information which may be privileged and which is intended for the exclusive 
use of its addressee(s). If you receive this message in error, please 
inform sender immediately and destroy any copy thereof. Furthermore, any 
disclosure, distribution or copying of this message and/or any attachment 
hereto without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:22:55 -0500

Hi Henrik,
thank you for very helpful insight into one of implementations. I know of
other implementations that use proprietary, self-picked reflector port or
ranges of port numbers. I hope that through discussion of this draft we can
arrive to the standardized solution to ensure interoperability among
confirming implementations.

Regards,
Greg

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Henrik Nydell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have seen that some vendors of TWAMP senders (I believe EXFO and
> possibly Spirent) use port UDP/862 as default port despite being defined
> only for the TCP portion of TWAMP-control. Has consideration within ippm
> been done on opting for that port to be used also for TWAMP-test or is
> there a preference for a higher (>1024) port number?
>
>
>