Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'Support of IEEE-1588 time stamp format in Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-time-format-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:07:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Support of IEEE-1588 time stamp format in Two-Way Active Measurement
   Protocol (TWAMP)'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-time-format-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-time-format/

Technical Summary

This document describes an OPTIONAL feature for active performance
measurement protocols allowing use of time stamp format defined in
IEEE-1588v2-2008.

Working Group Summary

As indicated, this document describes an OPTIONAL feature allowing the use
of the time stamp format defined in IEEE-1588v2-2008 for active
measurement protocols and is uncontroversial.

Document Quality

During the document's life as an individual submission, the document received
a small number of suggested changes, which were implemented. For adoption,
there were four e-mails of support and no dissents. Post-adoption, the 
working group document was only revised once, to reflect an author change.

ZTE already supports the PTP time stamp format in TWAMP Test packets. Broadcom DNX devices (88670, 88370, 88680, 88470) will support the standard data-plane requirements.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Bill Cerveny. The responsible area director is 
Spencer Dawkins.