Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-alt-mark-10.txt> (Alternate Marking method for passive and hybrid performance monitoring) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:47:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG (ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'Alternate Marking method for passive
and hybrid performance monitoring'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-alt-mark-10.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method to perform packet loss, delay and
   jitter measurements on live traffic.  This method is based on
   Alternate Marking (Coloring) technique.  A report is provided in
   order to explain an example and show the method applicability.  This
   technique can be applied in various situations as detailed in this
   document and could be considered passive or hybrid depending on the
   application.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-alt-mark/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-alt-mark/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2557/