Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 06:44:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Bakke et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 26-Jan-01
	
This document describes the  iSCSI [7] naming and discovery 
requirements. The requirements presented in this document have been 
agreed to by the members of the iSCSI naming and discovery team. This 
document complements the iSCSI IETF draft. Flexibility is the key 
guiding principle behind this requirements document. That is, an 
effort has been made to satisfy the needs of both small isolated 
environments, as well as large environments requiring secure/scalable 
solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Matt Wakeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:18:24 -0800

Well, this is interesting:

At http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ there are the following two files:

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt                       26-Jan-2001
08:08    46k
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-01.txt                       12-Jan-2001
13:56    44k

Notice how 01 predates 00?

The later was really <draft-voruganti-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-01.txt> but I
suspect the name was too long so it was changed.

David, can you cause this to be fixed?

-Matt

[email-masked] wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:17:30 -0600

I just took a look through this; it's the draft we had filed for
the interim meeting.  We made several decisions at the interim
meeting that will cause a newer version of this draft to be re-written.

Please stay tuned for an even newer version.

--
Mark Bakke

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054