Subject: SNIA Technical Working Group to Promote IP Storage

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:20:02 -0800

Hi:

This note is being posted in the interest of obtaining the widest possible
distribution to potential participants.

SNIA, the Storage Networking Industry Association, has authorized a
marketing forum comprised of member companies who wish to promote IP-based
storage technologies.  In support of that effort, a companion technical
working group is being formed within SNIA which will act as the Forum's
interface to the IPS wg.

The SNIA WG is expected to support the Marketing Forum by producing
technical requirements based on Forum input.  When appropriate, these will
be brought to the IETF IPS Working Group as draft proposals or requirements.
The goal of these two SNIA groups is to perform industry focussed efforts
that complement the scope of IETF standardization activities.

The initial formation meeting of the SNIA IP Storage Technical Working Group
is scheduled for next week, within the overall SNIA meeting  in Colorado
Springs. The time, date and location are given below.  Attendees must be
affiliated with a SNIA member company.

Date:		Thursday, February 1, 2001
Time:		9 AM to 12 Noon
Location:	Colorado Springs Wyndham Hotel,
		Eagles Nest Conference Rooms 1 and 2.

We anticipate one or two follow up meetings or telecons to complete the
charter and organizational process.

The temporary co-chairs for this meeting are Charles Monia, and John Hufferd

For more information, visit the SNIA web site at http://www.snia.org

Charles Monia
Senior Technology Consultant
Nishan Systems
email: [email-masked]
voice: (408) 519-3986
fax:   (408) 435-8385