Subject: iSCSI: Logout for a Session

From: Matt Wakeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:59:06 -0800

Throughout the iSCSI document, it talks about the logout command closing a TCP
connection.  Especially for the purposes of error recover to terminate a TCP
connection and "clean up" so that another TCP connection can be established to
continue the session.  There seems to be no way to indicate that a session is
being terminated.

There should be a flag in the logout command that indicates that the *session*
is being terminated (as well as the TCP connection).

-Matt Wakeley
Agilent Technologies

---

From: Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:51:58 -0800

> is being terminated (as well as the TCP connection).

There is. Look at the "Reason Code" field in the Logout Command PDU. (Section
2.14 of the draft dated dec 30, 2000).

- Santosh Rao

---

From: Matt Wakeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 02:10:45 -0800

> 2.14 of the draft dated dec 30, 2000).

Ok - guess I missed that...

-Matt