Subject: iSCSI : Areas Of Concern.

From: Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:52:29 -0800

Julian and all authors of the iSCSI draft,

The following broad concerns have been expressed in several rounds of
review feedback on the latest version of the iSCSI draft (dated dec 30,
2000) :

1) DataRNissues. (requests for its removal.)

2) Task Tag Management issues. (requests for a unique Target Task Tag
per task for WRITE I/Os.)

3) Header Format Error handling issues. (concerns regarding the
requirement that initiators to be SCSI aware and fake CHECK CONDITIONs
to their upper layers on behalf of targets.)

4) Allowing LOGO to be originated by targets.

5) Reject PDU issues. (to be used for only non-scsi PDUs and all
non-scsi PDUs. removal of redundant mechanisms to reject in login
response PDU. )

Your position on these concerns and whether/how they are going to be
addressed will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Santosh Rao