Subject: iSCSI: retry commands not mandatory

From: Pierre Labat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:43:56 -0800

Julian,

Where
=====
Section 4.1 Connection failure
-----------------------
Beginning of page 62

"- the initiator will reissue all outstanding commands with their
original Initiator task tag..."

Problem:
=======
Reading the chapter it is not clear that the initiator has possibility
to abort the task and restart it.

For some applications that want a total control on the commands,
they don't want the "low level" iSCSI to "retry" the command.
They want to be able to restart the command exactly when and how
they want.  For them they must have the possibility to NOT have
the command "retried" by iSCSI.

Solution
=======
The phrase must be change with "- the initiator will abort or reissue
the command....".

Regards,

Pierre