Subject: Re: CRC64

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:29:11 +0200

Yaron,

We are all familiar with the internet search tools.

The polynom you quote was mentioned already by me. It is a 56 bit CRC that
we still have to check its theoretical goodness. We know also about the
tests run on it.

Thanks,
Julo

Yaron Klein <[email-masked]> on 17/01/2001 19:01:14

Please respond to Yaron Klein <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  CRC64

Since the last draft sets the CRC64 as TBD, a good candidate can be the
one defined in:

http://www.openusenet.org/diablo/

Which is also applied in many other applications.

The polynom and sample code are in the file crctest.c in the latest
version:

polynom 0x0060034000f050b
init 0xfac432b10cd5e44a

Regards,

Yaron