Subject: iSCSI PDU outline

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:38:22 +0200

Dear all,

Please hold your fire on digest placement, CDB inclusion/exclusion etc.

The reasons we choose a specific outlay are sound and  we have to hold on
to many of the even if are going to change.

As I said several times in the past some changes in the SCSI formats, like
the advent of the bi-directional operations
required as to have more and more exceptions and whole outline became ugly
but I did not have a sound replacement and we have many more open issues.

I have now a pretty good idea of how this new outline will look and I will
publish it here - hopefully TODAY.

In fact it is a minor change - although it has a rather large editorial
impact as I had to make clear how it works now and how it can be extended
in the future.

It still keeps most of the packets with one fixed length packet (effective)
but it is regular and can be extended.

And as a matter of debate civility as long as a vote is not called for any
of us would appreciate new technical arguments for or against something
rather than "I too".

And again - I am sorry it took me so long to get out a new format - and
cause you such an agravation, but formats where low on my list of
priorities and I had to consider many alternatives (many more than where
discussed on the list).

Julo