Subject: Re: ISCSI: Target-initiated logout

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:16:04 +0200

Charles,

I think that the difference between the iSCSI Asynch Message and the SCSI
AER is now clear and the current
mechanism is OK. There is only one dissenting voice (Santosh Rao) that
would like to see the iSCSI Asynch Message having the semantics "I am going
to drop the connection - no need for you to log me out" and he has a point
about this being simpler.  However I am still concerned about the effect of
messages in flight  - mainly about the status-acking part of them - on the
closing connection. If I'll feel confident that I have them all covered I
will add this change.

Regards,
Julo

Charles Monia <[email-masked]> on 24/01/2001 04:49:20

Please respond to Charles Monia <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:
Subject:  ISCSI:  Target-initiated logout

Hi Julo:

How did the WG resolve the issue of target-initiated logout?

Charles
Charles Monia
Senior Technology Consultant
Nishan Systems
email: [email-masked]
voice: (408) 519-3986
fax:   (408) 435-8385