Subject: iSCSI: naming/LUN views

From: Pierre Labat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:38:26 -0800

Mark (Bakke),

After going through the naming/discovery drafts,
a question came to my mind:

Does several connections flowing through
several portals but using  the same initiator WWUI
and target WWUI will see the same thing on the target?
I mean by same thing: same LUs associated to the same LUNs.

I guess that the initiator WWUI acts as an transportID (SCSI access
control)
and gives the same LUs view independently of the portal used.
Is it the case?

If it is not the case, the entity that creates multiconnections
sessions
will need out of band information to know if the  2 portals can be used
for a same session or will have to do the  painfull job to compare the
LU views
from the two portals with no guarantee that the views could not change
in the future.

Regards,

Pierre