Subject: Re: iSCSI: Text Commands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:38:44 +0200

Josh,

Thanks. I will add a statement to this effect.

Julo

Joshua Tseng <[email-masked]> on 31/01/2001 20:41:11

Please respond to Joshua Tseng <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI:  Text Commands

Julo,

I think a statement needs to be added that the iSCSI initiator MUST support
all of the text commands listed in Appendix C.  Currently, it is unclear
whether
a target can respond with key:value pairs that were not solicited in the
original
text command.  The spec should explicitly say the target can do so, and
require the initiator to recognize all text keys.  For example, if the
target wants
to specify a FirstBurst of less than 65535 (BTW, why is the the default
value
for FirstBurst so high???), it should be able to specify its own value for
FirstBurst,
even if the "FirstBurst:" text key was not listed in the original text
command.

Josh