Subject: iSCSI login question

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:18:13 -0600

1) N&D draft (pp. 8): "The initiator MUST send an InitiatorWWUI and a
TargetWWUI within the login request". What should a target return for a
missing InitiatorWWUI in a login request?. I think we need an error code for
that similar to "TargetWWUI required", or perhaps combine both as a "I/T
WWUI required".

2) iSCSI draft section 4.2 mentions that initiator MUST NOT send operational
parameters in a login until after security has been established. Later it
says "any operational parameters sent before establishing a secure context
MUST be reset ...". I suggest changing this so that operational parameters
sent before security is established be ignored.

-Ayman

---

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:38:24 -0600

I would think this should be a 0x02 class code (Initiator Error).

-Ayman

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 1:09 AM
To: Ayman Ghanem
Subject: Re: iSCSI login question

Ayman,The wwui have to be sent during the Login Phase - not necessarily the
login request.
I will add a 0303 code for missing parameters.

Regards,
Julo

"Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]> on 26/03/2001 05:18:13

Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI login question

1) N&D draft (pp. 8): "The initiator MUST send an InitiatorWWUI and a
TargetWWUI within the login request". What should a target return for a
missing InitiatorWWUI in a login request?. I think we need an error code
for
that similar to "TargetWWUI required", or perhaps combine both as a "I/T
WWUI required".

2) iSCSI draft section 4.2 mentions that initiator MUST NOT send
operational

-Ayman