Subject: unsolicited data sequence

From: Dave Nagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:38:25 -0500

From: "Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)" <[email-masked]>
To: "'IPS Reflector'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: unsolicited data sequence
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:26:03 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2650.21)
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Hello,

Well i tried to send this question quiet a few times, but it never reflected
in mailing list, probably because my mail was going in HTML format. so now i
am trying to send in  plain text mode. Please excuse me if the question
shows up too many times in mailing list.

I am trying to write a module to send a write command to the target in
UseR2T= No mode so my question is as follows

In case the initiator and target negotiate the login parameter for the data
transfer with UseR2T = No, what would be the sequence of data transfer in
case of Write command wher the data transfer length is greater the immediate
data +firstburst size? Can the taget keep making extra iSCSI data PDUs and
send it to target or it must wait for the acknowledgement for the firstburst
size data.

Sincerely,

Sanjeev Bhagat

Tripace Europe
Tel # 	+31 (79) 361 2444
Fax#     +31 (79) 361 2152

Please, do visit our web site for more info:

<http://www.tripace.com/>

SCSI Chip Set(s), SCSI Host Adapters, SCSI Software Drivers to various
Operating Systems
SCSI, USB 2.0 & ATAPI/ATA Interconnectivity Chip Solutions

C R E A T O R S   O F   D A T A   M O V I N G   W O R L D S

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
You should not disclose its contents to any other person.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender above mentioned
immediately.

------- End of Forwarded Message