Subject: foils

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:34:06 +0200

Dear colleagues,

The slides that I presented at IETF-50 and the New-Format proposal are up
at:

http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips

Barry Reinhold is with Trebia Networks not with IBM but I did not master
Power Point good enough to remove
the IBM Logo and leave the slides unharmed in 5 minutes (nor did I have the
patience to try harder -:)).

Regards,
Julo

---

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:07:15 -0600

Bullet 3 of slide 6 (new PDU format) says that first read is 48 bytes +
header digest size. I assume this is a typo as the header digest comes after
the AHS.

-Ayman

---

From: "Barry Reinhold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:34:40 -0500

Ayman,
	The foil was drawn showing how TCP reads might take place. Since AHSes are
very rare the first TCP read would be 48 bytes + digest size (assuming
digests were being used). That is the "first read" is done anticipating a
AHS_length = 0. Since the foil is no longer part of a presentation, but a
description of a format, the "first read" should now be removed.
											- Barry

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
>Ayman Ghanem
>Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 11:07 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: foils
>
>