Subject: FC Encapsulation Design Team Formed

From: "Elizabeth Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:18:24 -0500

Hello all,

As mentioned at the IPS WG meeting last week, a Fibre Channel Common
Encapsulation design team has been formed, with the task of coming up
with an initial draft common encapsulation for both iFCP and FCIP drafts
to use.  This draft, targeted for completion by the Interim Meeting on
April 30, is subject to review by the IPS WG, and to modification should
the IPS WG direct such.

We had numerous qualified volunteers express an interest in
participating on this design team; far more than could reasonable be
accommodated on the design team.  As mentioned last week, wish to keep
this group small so that it can be effective in producing this initial
draft.

The design team is comprised of the following 7 individuals:

Franco Travostino, Nortel
Murali Rajagopal, LightSand Communications
Ralph Weber, representing Brocade
Charles Monia, Nishan
Vi Chau, Gadzoox
Mike O'Donnell, McData
Milan Merhar, Pirus

Our thanks to all who volunteered,

Elizabeth Rodriguez & David Black