Subject: FW: PKI tech talk continued

From: "Y P Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:30:03 -0800

I received the followin email from Cylink, a company does IPSec.  It makes
sense to me.

Y.P. , Connectcom Solutions.
-----Original Message-----
From: Carlin Covey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 8:07 AM

It sounds like their should be some "cross-pollination" between iSCSI
and TCPA (Trusted Computer Platform Alliance).  The TCPA was founded by
Compaq, HP, IBM, Intel and Microsoft to promote new standards for next
generation computers.  They have just released the first version of their
specification.  It provides support for PKI (secure storage for private
keys and trusted roots) and makes use of PKI to authenticate various
computer components.  It seems to me that the same authentication methods
would work regardless of whether those components communicate over a bus or
over a TCP/IP connection.  I think NetAuthority would be willing to provide
PKI support.

- Carlin