Subject: RE: FCIP iFCP encapsulation proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:32:38 -0500

Folks,

>    I sent out a draft to propose a common encapsulation scheme for
> FCIP and iFCP last week; I am afraid I have missed the cut-off time
> for new drafts. Here is a summary of the draft to help stimulate
> discussion at the upcoming IETF meeting:

Due to the importance of making progress on this topic in Minneapolis,
this will be an exception to the usual rule of not discussing drafts
that miss the draft cutoff.  Please don't assume that exceptions of
this sort will be readily available in the future.  Also, everyone
should remember that all IETF deadlines are in Eastern Time (contrary
to popular rumor, Silicon Valley is not the center of the known
universe) and hence should allow for time zone differences in figuring
out when to get drafts submitted.

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Renato E. Maranon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:18:38 -0800

This is a procedural/process question.  Who determines/decides when to make
exceptions to drafts missing the draft cutoff, per the message below?

Renato Maranon
Maranti Networks, Inc
920 Hillview Court
Milpitas, Ca 95035
Phone:  408-719-9600 x309
Fax:    408-719-9631
email:  [email-masked]
home:   www.marantinetworks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 4:33 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: FCIP iFCP encapsulation proposal

Folks,

Thanks,
--David