Subject: Re: Marker

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:25:23 +0200

YP,

It was in the spec.  I was asked to generalize it and put the specific
framing in the appendix as one possible implementation.

But don't be fooled by the order - things said in an appendix can be as
relevant and mandatory as in the  rest
(look at the security and parameters chapter).

Regards,
Julo

"Y P Cheng" <[email-masked]> on 01/03/2001 00:58:59

Please respond to "Y P Cheng" <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:
Subject:  Marker

Julo,

I like the idea of inserting marker for finder the next iSCSI PDU.  If we
insert a marker every 2K bytes, we can derive where is the next marker from
the TCP sequence number.  Is there any plan to put this in the Spec.,
instead of keeping it in an Appendix?  Thanks.

Y.P. Cheng, CTO, Connectcom Solutions Corp.
Tel:  408-383-5704
Fax: 408-383-9612
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use
of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the
sender
and delete all copies.