Subject: New milestones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:23:39 -0500

The following new set of anticipated milestones has just been submitted
to the Secretariat to replace the current set of yet to be completed
milestones in the charter.  It is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged)
to accomplish things earlier than indicated by the milestones, but the
WG co-chairs and Technical Coordinators believe that these are reasonable
estimates at the moment:

Mar 01 Discuss framework, specification and related drafts (e.g., MIBs,
		discovery) for the protocol encapsulations at IETF meeting
		in Minneapolis.
Apr 01 Submit final version of iSCSI requirements draft to the IESG for
		consideration as Informational RFC.
May 01 Submit initial Internet-Draft of FCIP/iFCP common encapsulation
format

Jun 01 Begin revision of WG charter in consultation with the Area Directors.

Aug 01 Meet at IETF meeting in London to discuss specification and related
		drafts (e.g., MIBs, discovery) for the protocol
encapsulations.  
Sep 01 Submit protocol specification drafts (iSCSI, FCIP, iFCP, FCIP/iFCP
		common encapsulation format) to the IESG for consideration
as
		Proposed Standard RFCs.
Oct 01 Submit iSNS and MIB drafts to the IESG for consideration appropriate
		to each draft.

Activities that may complete later than October do not have milestones,
and will be picked up as part of the next major change to milestones --
part of the charter revision that will begin in June.

Also, those with keen eyes will have noticed that there are
two versions of the iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements
draft linked to the IPS WG charter page at IETF.  The longer one,
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-00.txt is the current version.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------