Subject: Minneapolis Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:14:17 -0500

Here's the current IP Storage WG agenda for Minneapolis.
It's subject to minor changes and tweaks (and Agenda
Bashing at the start of the session).

IETF IP Storage (IPS) Working Group
Minneapolis IETF Meeting, March 18-23, 2001
-------------------------------------------

CHAIRS:
	David Black <[email-masked]>
	Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>

AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

NOTE: TCP Framing issues are in the domain of the Transport
	Area Working Group (tsvwg), and will not be discussed
	in these IPS working group meetings.

---- Monday, March 19, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (10 min)
	This will include a brief announcement of a possible T10 SAM-3
	SCSI Architecture Model project to solicit interest.
	The project would be pursued in T10, not IETF.

- iSCSI Requirements and Design Considerations (15 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-reqmts-01.txt

	NOTE: The WG co-chairs intend to issue a Last Call
		on this draft in the near future.

- iSCSI (75 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-05.txt

	Topics to be covered include:
	- Checksum/CRC
		draft-cavanna-iscsi-crc-vs-cksum-01.txt
	- Security
	- Error Recovery

- iSCSI Bootstrapping (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-02.txt

- iSCSI MIB (15 min)
	draft-bakke-iscsimib-02.txt

	Structure diagram available at:
	
http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips/iscsi-mib-structure-02.pdf

	NOTE: The authors would like the WG to adopt this as an
		official work item.

- iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements (20 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-00.txt

	NOTE: draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-disc-reqts-00.txt is an older
		version of this draft, and should be ignored in
		favor of draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-00.txt

- URN Namespace for iSCSI WWUIs (10 min)
	draft-bakke-iscsi-wwui-urn-00

	NOTE: The authors would like the WG to adopt this as an
		official work item.

---- Wednesday, March 21, 0900-1130 ----

- iSNS (20 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-isns-01.txt

- Finding iSCSI Targets and Nameservers using SLP (15 min)
	draft-bakke-iscsi-slp-00

	NOTE: The authors would like the WG to adopt this as an
		official work item.

- FCIP/iFCP Common encapsulation discussion (70 min)
	draft-monia-ips-ifcpenc-00.txt
	draft-weber-fcip-encaps-00.txt

	Also, please see Vi Chau's email to the list on this topic:
		http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/msg03565.html

	The goal of this discussion is to establish a rough consensus
	on direction for a common encapsulation of FC-2 Fibre Channel
	frames in TCP/IP to be used by both FCIP and iFCP.  A design
	team will be formed to produce an initial proposal in line with
	this direction.

- FCIP (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-01.txt

	A brief update, as this draft has not been changed since the San
Diego meeting

- FCIP Model (15 min)

	A discussion of formalizing the interface between FCIP and the Fibre
	Channel Fabric, including which Fibre Channel port type(s) are
involved.
	The goal is to crisply separate IETF specification of the FCIP
protocol
	from T11.3 specification of how it is used by a Fibre Channel
Fabric.

- iFCP (25 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-00.txt

DESCRIPTION:

	The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
block storage
	traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html