Subject: Re: iSCSI initStatSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:10:24 +0300

Ayman,

1.2.2.2 reads now:

   Status numbering starts after Login. During login, there is always only
   one outstanding command per connection and status numbering is not
   strictly needed but may be used as a sanity check.

   Reagrds,
   Julo

"Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]> on 11/04/2001 18:38:55

Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI  initStatSN

I apologize if this came up before but I couldn't find it in the archive.

Section 1.2.2.2
"During login, there is always only one outstanding command per connection
and
status numbering is not needed"

Section 2.11.3 (InitStatSN)
"If the login phase involves two login responses then each of them will
hold
for
the subsequent responses."

I find these not consistent. According to 2.11.3, partial and final login
responses
will each have initStatSN, but section 1.2.2.2 implies that initStatSN
comes
after
final login response, and text CMDs in login negotiation need no status
numbering.

-Ayman