Subject: Re: Initiator-detected format or digest errors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:39:18 +0200

Tom,

An initiator will pass the appropriate response to the SCSI layer and will
abort the task if it can identify one.  Further behavior of initiators and
targets is implementation dependent.

6.2 specifies this.

Julo

"Thomas McSweeney" <[email-masked]> on 04/04/2001 13:57:20

Please respond to "Thomas McSweeney" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  Initiator-detected format or digest errors

Section "2.20 Reject" talks about the target receiving a bad frame and
sending Reject.  What should an Initiator do if it receives a PDU with a
format or digest error?  Should it send Reject?  If so, we'll need to
ensure that the Initiator fields of the MIB include an object to count
Reject commands transmitted.

Tom McSweeney
iSCSI Development, Storage Systems Group, IBM
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (USA) 919-254-5634  (tie line: 444-5634)
Fax:   (USA) 919-254-0391  (tie line: 444-0391)

---

From: Matt Wakeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:43:08 -0700

Why not send a reject back to the originator of the bad frame, and just let
the task time out?

-Matt