Subject: Re: iSCSI-06 SCSI Cmd typo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:17:46 +0300

Thanks Daniel,

It's fixed. CmdSN is at 24 and  the following are shifted.

Julo

Daniel Smith <[email-masked]> on 24/04/2001 03:16:31

Please respond to Daniel Smith <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI-06 SCSI Cmd typo

In section 2.3 SCSI Command...

the table shows bytes 36--47 reserved for the CDB (12 bytes).
But
the description 2.3.6 says it's 16 bytes.

(I'd prefer 16 bytes---I'm not a big fan of Stat/DataSN.)

This document is getting big---but the latest version seems to be holding
up
well as I read through it.  Good work.

Daniel
--
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120-6099, USA
K65B/C2 Phone: +1(408)927-2072 Fax: +1(408)927-3010 Home: +1(408)227-5786

---

From: Chuck Micalizzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:57:55 -0700

Julian,

	I'm confused as to what field was removed in order to make
	the CDB field 16 bytes and locate the CmdSN at offset 24.
	Can you send the correct layout of the SCSI Command PDU
	when you get time?

Thank You

chuck micalizzi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 2:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iSCSI-06 SCSI Cmd typo

Thanks Daniel,

Julo

Daniel

---

From: Sandeep Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:01:07 -0400

I dont believe any field was removed.  The format is fine and
can accomodate all fields.  The byte position for Initiator task 
tag was mentioned as 24 instead of 20 in 05 & 06.  That caused 
the initial comment.

Read as =>
"initiator task tag" at 16.
"expected data length" at 20.
"cmdSN" at 24.
"expStatSN" at 28.
"CDB" at 32 and upto 48.

-Sandeep

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:39:57 +0300

Chuck - here it is:
1.1  SCSI Command

   Byte /    0       |       1       |       2       |       3       |
      /              |               |               |               |
     |7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0|7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0|7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0|7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0|
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
    0|X|I| 0x01      |F|R|W|0 0|ATTR | Reserved      | CRN or Rsvd   |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
    4|TotalAHSLength | DataSegmentLength                             |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
    8| Logical Unit Number (LUN)                                     |
     +                                                               +
   12|                                                               |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   16| Initiator Task Tag                                            |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   20| Expected Data Transfer Length                                 |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   24| CmdSN                                                         |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   28| ExpStatSN or ExpDataSN                                        |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   32/ SCSI Command Descriptor Block (CDB)                           /
    +/                                                               /
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
   48| Digests if any...                                             |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+
     / DataSegment - Command Data (optional)                         /
    +/                                                               /
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+

Chuck Micalizzi <[email-masked]> on 26/04/2001 20:57:55

Please respond to Chuck Micalizzi <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:   [email-masked]
Subject:  RE: iSCSI-06 SCSI Cmd typo

Julian,

Thank You

chuck micalizzi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 2:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iSCSI-06 SCSI Cmd typo

Thanks Daniel,

Julo

Daniel