Subject: TCP framing and SCTP Checksum: TSVWG only

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:29:18 -0400

Both TCP framing and SCTP checksums are topics
specific to TSVWG - please post on these only
to the tsvwg list and do not cross-post to the
ips list, as we already have more than enough
traffic.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Douglas Otis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:37:03 -0700

David,

The various proposals on the table for either iFCP or FCIP encapsulation may
benefit from utilization of a generalized framing layer suitable for both
TCP and SCTP.  In that respect, I thought it advantageous to consider these
aspects.  This goes into the generalized aspects of extended error
detection, frame validation, higher level retry on a digest failure, and
identification of the underlying payload and was my reasoning for including
this within the IPS WG.  I understand if this proposal is to proceed on a
standards path, it will be within TSVWG.  If there is no interest within
this WG, then it will not be mentioned further.

Doug