Subject: iSCSI command numbering

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Apr 2001 10:19:10 -0700

hi

when an iSCSI target recives task with CmdSN=X and decides to reject it because of internal queueing issues( e.g. queue is full...) 
what should the  target do when it sees the next task with CmdSN=X+1 ?
    a) accept it ( it saw CmdSN=X  so there are no flows in the network layer ) OR
    b) buffer it, waiting for task with CmdSN=X  to be resent( ensure total ordering on the tasks )

/gabi

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:19:36 +0200

Gabriel,

We are working diligently with T10 to have exceptions like task-set-full,
busy etc. cause an ACA or ACA-like condition and thus help maintain order.

Julo

[email-masked] on 29-04-2001 19:19:10

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI command numbering

hi

when an iSCSI target recives task with CmdSN=X and decides to reject it
because of internal queueing issues( e.g. queue is full...)
what should the  target do when it sees the next task with CmdSN=X+1 ?
    a) accept it ( it saw CmdSN=X  so there are no flows in the network
layer ) OR
    b) buffer it, waiting for task with CmdSN=X  to be resent( ensure total
ordering on the tasks )

/gabi