Subject: RE: draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-rqmts-02.txt

From: "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:25:50 -0700

> XML?
> 
> Pg 6.
>     "(5)  Development of specifications for iSCSI device 
> management as MIBs,
>          XML schemas, etc."
> 
> XML is a method for data markup.  Hopefully a URN assigned by IANA will
> become the XML Namespace's name.  Standard practice within W3C is to not
use
> PUBLIC identifiers and instead use 'well known' SYSTEM identifiers.  Is an
> XML schema in lieu of an LDAP schema to allow use of XML namespace?

Sorry, I have no idea what you are concerned about here.  Do you want some
LDAP words included in the document?  Suggest wording that's clear and
unambigous.  Do you have a statement of work for developing an LDAP
something or other?

XML is also used to describe and manage objects.  It's not discuss XML
further in this document.  The reader is assumed to be able to educate
themselves.
 
Marjorie Krueger
Networked Storage Architecture
Networked Storage Solutions Org.
Hewlett-Packard
tel: +1 916 785 2656
fax: +1 916 785 0391
email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Douglas Otis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:18:17 -0700

Marjorie,

As there are several mentions of the use of LDAP already in other documents,
perhaps you would not mind including LDAP schema rather than XML.  Is this
document recommending XML as a management tool?

Doug