Subject: iSCSI linux implementation

From: Mike Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:59:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Due to recent posts on linux-net and linux-scsi mailing lists, I felt
obligated to announce the implementation myself and a few other developers
have been working on.  What we are writing is a target and an initiator
driver.  I hastily threw up a web page describing our project:

http://www.cs.uml.edu/~mbrown/iSCSI/

This also contains current sources.  We are still in the middle of
developing and what we have written is based largely on version 3 of the
iSCSI draft with only a few minor changes moving to version 5 (op codes).
Currently our priority is to get something working and then go back and
make it conform to version 5.  Again, this is a WIP and is likely
incorrect in some parts.

Thanks.

-Michael F. Brown, UMass Lowell Computer Science

phone:  (978) 934-5354
email:  [email-masked]

"I wonder if pawns just realize that they're just pawns 
 in someone's (chess) game."   -L. Fitzgerald Sjöberg

---

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:12:04 -0400

I've just coded to version 3 and just have to make the changes for version 5
too.

I'm testing on NT but plan to move to Linux soon.

Eddy
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Brown" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 7:59 AM
Subject: iSCSI linux implementation

Hello,

Thanks.

phone:  (978) 934-5354
email:  [email-masked]