Subject: Re: iSCSI : Aborting non-SCSI tasks.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:15:29 +0300

OK I'll mention this explicitile although it is implied. Julo

Santosh Rao <[email-masked]> on 24/04/2001 20:27:06

Please respond to Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>

To:   IPS Reflector <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI : Aborting non-SCSI tasks.

All,

The iSCSI spec is missing description on how non-SCSI tasks should be
aborted in order to flush stale PDUs of that task. Initiators will
typically time non-SCSI [& SCSI] tasks and will need to resort to some
form of abort and cleanup action on a timeout of the non-scsi task.

This is required in order to safely re-use the task tag resources
without the danger of stale PDUs arriving from a previous incarnation of
that task tag.

The spec should provide some description on how this is to be done.
Perhaps, the semantics of Abort Task can be extended to non-SCSI tasks
as well, to avoid defining a second abort mechanism for non-SCSI tasks.

- Santosh