Subject: iSCSI IETF annoucement

From: Dave Nagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:27:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: iSNS Internet Storage Name Service
	Author(s)	: K. Gibbons
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt
	Pages		: 74
	Date		: 20-Apr-01
	
This document provides a generic framework centering around use of
the iSNS for discovery and management of storage entities in an
enterprise-scale IP storage network.  iSNS is an application that
stores client attributes and monitors the availability and
reachability of storage assets in an integrated IP storage network.
Due to its role as a consolidated information repository, iSNS
provides for more efficient and scalable management of IP storage
assets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-ips-isns-02.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message