Subject: RE: iSCSI reqmts and Ethernet adapters

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:51:40 -0700

Hi:

> Another valid point Doug made is that iSCSI, FCIP, and iFCP 
> all have the
> same framing needs and should all use the framing solution.  That
> recommendation certainly seems sane and within the scope of this WG to
> oversee.  Last time I paid attention, FCIP and iFCP were 
> trying to reinvent
> this wheel.

To bring you up to date, there is no "framing solution" in the common
encapsulation proposal.

See
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-00.txt

Charles

---

From: "Douglas Otis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:37:55 -0700

Charles,

The encapsulation proposal is devoid of techniques for framing.  How do you
expect to see this lack of framing resolved?  Do you expect to use this
adapter and not have a means for framing?

Doug