Subject: Re: Bit position request.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:23:58 +0200

Martin,

I'll look at it this week and if it does not have any side effect I'll put
it in.

Regards,
Julo

"Martin, Nick" <[email-masked]> on 03/04/2001 22:26:48

Please respond to "Martin, Nick" <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:
Subject:  Bit position request.

Julian,

I would like to request a minor change in the PDU format of 0x45 SCSI Data
for Read and 0x41 SCSI Response.
My request is that the bits within byte 1 with the same name and function
would have the same bit position.

My suggestion would be:

0x45 F _ _ _ _ O U S
0x41 1 _ _ o u O U S

The 1 in 0x41 is still an "F" bit for Final bit, but must be set to 1 in
this PDU.
The "S" bit for SCSI status present is the one that is defined in two
different locations in draft 05.
The reason for moving the "S" bit to the end is purely esthetic.

I hope not to start a huge discussion, but if you feel this requires review
on the mailing list, that is fine also.

Thanks,
Nick