Subject: Re: iSCSI : Logout Flavors.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:09:44 +0300

it is a typo - Julo

The text reads now:

   Indicate the reason for Logout:

      0 - closes the session - the session is closed
      1 - closes the connection - the connection is closed - all commands
      associated with connection (if any) are aborted
      2 - removes the connection for recovery  - connection is closed and
      all commands associated with it (if any) are to be prepared for a new
      allegiance
      3 - removes the connection at target's request (requested through an
      Asynchronous Message) - will result in a logout only if the target
      issued the message

Santosh Rao <[email-masked]> on 28/04/2001 02:52:47

Please respond to Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:   [email-masked]
Subject:  iSCSI : Logout Flavors.

Julian,

The Rev 06 draft has a new flavor of logout in the reason code which is
:
"closes the connections"

Could you please clarify if the above is a typo intended to read :
"closes the connection"

or is it indeed meant to clean up all the connections in the session. If
so, how is it different from "closes the session" ?

It would be helpful if a short description is provided for each of the
logout reason codes that describes the error recovery actions the
initiator and target perform on that reason code. For ex : which flavors
result in a cleanup of all outstanding tasks on the connection ?

Lastly, any thoughts on http://ips.pdl.cs.cmu.edu/mail/msg04371.html ?
Inclusion of such a table will provide clear directions for target
implementors on which properties are to be cleared on initiator actions.
Similarly, initiators will be clearly aware of the effects of their
actions on target's objects.

Regards,
Santosh
 - santoshr.vcf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:01:49 +0300

it is a typo - julo

Julian,

Regards,
Santosh
 - santoshr.vcf