Subject: Re: iSCSI: Aggregation tags in SendTargets

From: "Thomas McSweeney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:20:37 -0400

>Of course, if there were some sort of flag or text key in
>the iSCSI login response to indicate the support of multiple-
>connection sessions, we wouldn't need to do this.  I don't
>think it's in there, though.

Sure it is!  The first tag in appendix E:

08 MaxConnections

   Use: LO
   Who: Initiator and Target

   MaxConnections=<number-from-1-to-65535>

   Default is 8.

   Initiator and target negotiate the maximum number of connections
   requested/acceptable.  The lower of the 2 numbers is selected.

Tom McSweeney
iSCSI Development, Storage Systems Group, IBM
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (USA) 919-254-5634  (tie line: 444-5634)
Fax:   (USA) 919-254-0391  (tie line: 444-0391)

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 07:27:00 -0500

Thanks.  I looked through the appendix, but just completely
missed it.  Anyway, it looks like we don't need to indicated
whether multiple connections are supported on a single address
in the SendTargets response, since this will be negotiated on
the first connection anyway.

--
Mark

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054