Subject: Re: Login Rejection: Target does not support multiple addresses per S ession

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 17:55:44 +0300

Matthew,

Assuming that we want the target to control the addresses a session spans

I will add

   No multiple   | 0208 | 1   | Target does not support session
   Addresses     |      |     | spanning target addresses

Julo

"BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <[email-masked]> on
23-05-2001 13:13:25

Please respond to "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)"
      <[email-masked]>

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  Login Rejection: Target does not support multiple addresses per S
      ession

Hi Julian

If an initiator attempts to set up a new connection for an existing session
(i.e TSID is non-zero, and Restart bit is 0) but via another physical port
then if the target does not support session spanning there is currently no
Login Response Status code that covers the scenario.

Please can you add an additional error code which informs the initiator
that
the login has been rejected due to a target not being able to support
session spanning (e.g. "Target does not support multiple addresses per
Session").  Attempts by the initiator to connect to the session via the
original port, or for Within-session recovery, or to create an completely
new session, would not be rejected using this error code.

Thanks

Matthew Burbridge
NIS-Bristol
Hewlett Packard
Telnet: 312 7010
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 11:18:03 -0500

I think we need an additional response code for a logout response to inform
the initiator if the connection <cid> was not found on the target. Also, a
minor editing of text for response code 0:

0 - connection (or session) closed successfully

-Ayman