Subject: Common Encapsulation: Proposal for time stamp Flag

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:10:55 -0700

Hi:

According to the encapsulation specification, the time fields are checked to
see if a time stamp is present by testing each word to see if it is zero.
From an implementation standpoint, a single flag bit in the common flags
byte seems the more efficient alternative.  

Comments?

Charles

---

From: "Murali Rajagopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:22:48 -0700

Charles:

Your requirement stems from a ease of implementation and a flag bit although
redundant would be usedful. Correct?

-Murali

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Charles Monia
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 12:11 PM
To: Ips (E-mail)
Subject: Common Encapsulation: Proposal for time stamp Flag

Hi:

Comments?

Charles