Subject: RE: FCIP: Management of FCIP devices [RE: iSCSI IETF announcement]

From: "Meena Ramamoorthi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:02:51 -0700

Hi Elizabeth,

  I agree with what ever you say. We can touch upon the management of FCIP
devices in this draft and we can have separate documents/efforts for the
FCIP - MIBs.

Thanks,
Meenakshi

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Rodriguez
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 8:30 PM
To: Meena Ramamoorthi; [email-masked]
Subject: FCIP: Management of FCIP devices [RE: iSCSI IETF announcement]

Hi Meenakshi,

FCIP MIB work is in progress.  An individual submission for an FCIP MIB
was posted last week.
While management might be touched upon, MIBs must be separate
documents/efforts.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Meena Ramamoorthi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 12:12 PM
To: Dave Nagle; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: iSCSI IETF annoucement

 It may be good to add and highlight the details  regarding  the
management
of  the  FCoverTCPIP devices/ switches, like SNMP, MIB's etc etc in this
draft.

 Thanks
 Meenakshi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Dave Nagle
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 1:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: iSCSI IETF annoucement

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP)
	Author(s)	: M. Rajagopal, R. Bhagwat
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 20-Apr-01

Fibre Channel (FC) is a dominant technology used in Storage Area
Networks (SAN). The purpose of this draft is to specify a standard
way of encapsulating FC frames over TCP/IP and to describe mechanisms
that allow islands of FC SANs to be interconnected  over IP-based
networks. FC over TCP/IP relies on IP-based network services to
provide the connectivity between the SAN islands over LANs, MANs, or
WANs.  The FC over TCP/IP specification relies upon TCP for
congestion control and management and upon both TCP and FC for data
error and data loss recovery.  FC over TCP/IP treats all classes of
FC frames the same -- as datagrams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-02.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message