Subject: Login Rejection: Target does not support multiple addresses per S ession

From: "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:13:25 +0100

Hi Julian

If an initiator attempts to set up a new connection for an existing session
(i.e TSID is non-zero, and Restart bit is 0) but via another physical port
then if the target does not support session spanning there is currently no
Login Response Status code that covers the scenario.

Please can you add an additional error code which informs the initiator that
the login has been rejected due to a target not being able to support
session spanning (e.g. "Target does not support multiple addresses per
Session").  Attempts by the initiator to connect to the session via the
original port, or for Within-session recovery, or to create an completely
new session, would not be rejected using this error code.

Thanks

Matthew Burbridge
NIS-Bristol
Hewlett Packard
Telnet: 312 7010
E-mail: [email-masked]