Subject: iSCSI: firstburst and maxburst

From: [email-masked] (Sandeep Joshi)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 13:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

Julian,

SPC-2 revision 19: section 8.3.7 Disconnect-reconnect page 
states that a value of "0" indicates no limit on the maximum 
and first burst size.

Current range for the corresponding text keys from Appendix E
are (1 to 2^15-1)*512 bytes.

How should iSCSI interpret a zero ?

regards,
-Sandeep

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:50:55 +0300

Sandeep,

The current draft considers 0 an illegal value.  I wonder if making 0 a
no-limit indication
is really needed.

Thanks,
Julo

[email-masked] (Sandeep Joshi) on 07-05-2001 20:34:19

Please respond to [email-masked] (Sandeep Joshi)

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI: firstburst and maxburst

Julian,

regards,
-Sandeep

---

From: Sandeep Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:18:13 -0400

Julian,

I wasnt referring to "0" in the text key value range but rather
in the mode pages.

I guess this question might arise in applications which interpret
mode pages at the initiator or at gateways, and then convert them 
to-and-from TextCmds.

Is it reasonable to assume that a zero in a mode page implies the 
corresponding maximum length allowed by iSCSI?   

-Sandeep

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:39:17 +0300

Oops! I guess I'll have to make 0 legal and indicate no limit.

Thanks,
Julo

Sandeep Joshi <[email-masked]> on 10-05-2001 18:18:13

Please respond to Sandeep Joshi <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  Re: iSCSI: firstburst and maxburst

Julian,

-Sandeep