Subject: iSCSI:- SCSI response Flags

From: "Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:14:03 +0200

there is some mistake in definition of flags byte in SCSI Response
 
Current definition says
b3 (u) same as b0 but for the read-part of a bi-directional  operation 

b4 (o) same as b1 but for the read-part of a bi-directional operation 

it should be 

b3 (u) same as b1 but for the read-part of a bi-directional  operation 

b4 (o) same as b2 but for the read-part of a bi-directional operation 

Also the line

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a response
(S=0) b0-b3 MUST be 0. 

should change to

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a response
(S=0) b1-b4 MUST be 0. 

or

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a response
(S=0) b0-b4 MUST be 0. 

Regards,

Sanjeev

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:37:31 +0300

thanks - julo

"Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)" <[email-masked]> on 11-06-2001
18:14:03

Please respond to "Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)"
      <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, "'ISCSI'" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI:- SCSI response Flags

Current definition says

it should be

Also the line

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a
response
(S=0) b0-b3 MUST be 0.

should change to

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a
response
(S=0) b1-b4 MUST be 0.

or

Bits O and U are mutually exclusive and so are bits o and u.  For a
response
(S=0) b0-b4 MUST be 0.

Regards,

Sanjeev

 - att1.htm