Subject: iscsi: out of order unsolicited data

From: "Sanjeev Bhagat \(TRIPACE/Zoetermeer\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:13:29 +0200

Hello,

Page 17 of iscsi rev6 draft says

Unsolicited data MUST be sent on every connection in the same order in which commands were sent. A target receiveing data out of order SHOULD termintate the session

My question is if the PDU was delivered in correct order from initiator but not received in correct order by target because it got missed somewhere in the path, shouldn't the target wait for retransmission instead of terminating the session.

Regards,
Sanjeev

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:47:22 +0300

One TCP connection delivers data  in order.

Julo

"Sanjeev Bhagat \(TRIPACE/Zoetermeer\)" <[email-masked]> on 01-06-2001
15:13:29

Please respond to "Sanjeev Bhagat \(TRIPACE/Zoetermeer\)"
      <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iscsi: out of order unsolicited data

Hello,

Unsolicited data MUST be sent on every connection in the same order in
which commands were sent. A target receiveing data out of order SHOULD
termintate the session

My question is if the PDU was delivered in correct order from initiator but
not received in correct order by target because it got missed somewhere in
the path, shouldn't the target wait for retransmission instead of
terminating the session.

Regards,
Sanjeev
 - att1.htm