Subject: Unit Attention after Clear Task Set

From: "Binford, Charles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:26:32 -0400

Julian,  Sorry if this has already been discussed and decided upon, I looked
in the archives but couldn't find the issue being discussed.

Rev 6, Section 2.5.1, Clear Task Set.  Currently the spec says a target MUST
enter Unit Attention for all other attached initiators.  This statement is
true if the newly defined TAS bit in the Control mode page is 0.  However,
if the TAS bit is one, then the target is supposed to complete the "aborted"
commands to all of the other initiators with a Task Aborted status and not
set the unit attention.

My question is, is iSCSI specifically prohibiting the setting of the TAS
bit, or was this an oversight?  The TAS bit was new in Rev 14 of SAM-2 last
September.  See t10/00-229r3 for details of what changed in SAM and SPC for
this new function.

Charles Binford
Pirus Networks
316.315.0382 x222

---

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:49:31 -0700

Hi:

The referenced section seems to overlap and conflict with the requirements
specified in SAM-2.  Although there may be a valid reason for doing so, it's
not self-evident to me.

Charles
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Binford, Charles [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 9:27 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: Unit Attention after Clear Task Set
> 
>