Subject: How to obtain LUN field

From: "Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:55:44 -0400

Hi all,

Could anyone please help me with this question?  I can't find it in the
mailing list archive.

Q:  Regarding the LUN field (8 bytes) in the iSCSI PDUs, how does iSCSI
initiator get the LUN field?

From the SAM-2 document,

Service response = Execute Command (IN(I_T_L_x Nexus, CDB, [Task Attribute],
[Data-In Buffer Size], [Data-Out Buffer], [Data-Out Buffer Size], [Autosense
Request], [Command Reference Number]), OUT([Data-In Buffer], [Sense Data],
Status))

I guess iSCSI initiator gets the LUN field from I_T_L_x nexus.  But I can't
find the data format of this nexus.

Thank you in advance,

*********************************
 Trang Nguyen
 [email-masked]
*********************************