Subject: New Draft: FCIP Discovery

From: "Elizabeth Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:42:55 -0400

All,

A request to create a new draft addressing FCIP discovery has been posed
to the IPS WG chairs.
This draft will focus on the use of SLP for dynamic discovery of FCIP
based devices.
(Per consensus call on 5/25/2001, discovery for FCIP based devices will
use either static discovery or SLP for dynamic discovery).

The chairs have approved the request for a new draft.  A small design
team will be working on the initial revision of this draft.  
Anyone interested in working on this draft should contact David or
myself.

The target will be to present the first draft at the IPS interim meeting
on August 27.  As such, this initial draft will need to be submitted to
the IETF no later than the week of  August 13. (Exact date yet to be
determined).

Thanks,

Elizabeth Rodriguez
IETF IPS Co-Chair