Subject: iSCSI: specific initiator

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:38:49 -0400

Section 4.2 says:
 
   -The target MUST reply with the first option in the list it 
    supports and is allowed for the specific initiator.

Can we also specify that the InitiatorName must be used before
anything that requires "specific initiator" knowledge.

That can simplify programming and is probably not a big restriction.
 
[email-masked]

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:49:34 +0300

I will expand the relevant paragraph from 4.1 to read:

   If the iSCSI Target Name and/or iSCSI Initiator Name is going to be used
   in determining the security mode or it is implicit part of
   authentication, then the iSCSI Target Name and/or iSCSI Initiator Name
   MUST be sent in the login command for the first connection of a session
   to identify the storage endpoint of the session. If sent on new
   connections within an existing session it MUST be the same as the one
   used for the leading connection.  If the iSCSI Target Name and/or iSCSI
   Initiator Name is going to be used only for access control, it can be
   sent after the Security Context Complete is achieved. An unknown target
   can be accessed by using "iSCSI" as a placeholder for the iSCSI Target
   Name or none if the session is a discovery session.

 Thanks,
 Julo

"Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]> on 23-07-2001 21:38:49

Please respond to "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI: specific initiator

Section 4.2 says: