Subject: Sense data and Response Data

From: "Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:19:05 -0700

In SCSI Response PDU, the target can send either Sense Data or Response
Data, but not both. In certain cases, such as when a filemark is
detected on the tape during read, the target needs to  return both the
data read before reaching the filemark and the sense data. 
 
Is there anyway targets can do this?

	thanks!
	 -lakshmi

---

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:50:58 -0400

MessageDid anyone get back to you yet? As I see it, you do the following:

Send the data as SCSI READ Data (op/code 25) and S bit set to 0. Then send
the sense data as SCSI RESPONSE (op/code 21), the S bit set to 1, the status
set to CHECK CONDITION, the DataSegmentLength set to the length of the Sense
Data and the Sense Data to follow that.

Eddy

----- Original Message -----
From: Lakshmi Ramasubramanian
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 2:19 PM
Subject: Sense data and Response Data

In SCSI Response PDU, the target can send either Sense Data or Response
Data, but not both. In certain cases, such as when a filemark is detected on
the tape during read, the target needs to  return both the data read before
reaching the filemark and the sense data.