Subject: iSCSI: Data in Response PDUs

From: John Vrabel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:25:35 +0200

A thread last August
http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/mailinglists/ips/mail/msg00590.html

suggested that Read Data should not be sent attached to a Status PDU, and
indeed the current draft does not explicitly say you can do this.  However
several implementations to version-03 do just that.

The current draft is unclear to me - must all Read Data be sent as a/several
Data-In PDU(s), or can it also be sent as part of a Status PDU.

( This question is entirely separate from Immediate Write Data, or S bit in
Data-In )

John Vrabel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:30:21 +0300

John,

Status can accompany the last Data-in PDU.
Presence of (good) status  is signaled through the S flag.

Julo

John Vrabel <[email-masked]> on 04-07-2001 17:25:35

Please respond to John Vrabel <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI: Data in Response PDUs

A thread last August

The current draft is unclear to me - must all Read Data be sent as
a/several
Data-In PDU(s), or can it also be sent as part of a Status PDU.

John Vrabel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:00:08 +0300

That is absolutely correct. No data besides response/sense are supposed to
arrive in the response PDU.

Julo

John Vrabel <[email-masked]> on 05-07-2001 10:43:22

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc:
Subject:  Re: iSCSI: Data in Response PDUs

I'm sorry I asked the question very badly - I mistakenly said Status PDU
instead of Response PDU.

Both the Intel version-03 code and the Swat version-03 send Read Data as
part of Response PDUs, which I believe is wrong.  My understanding is that
all Read Data MUST be sent in Data-In PDUs.  Only Sense Data can be
included
in a Response PDU.

Is this correct.?

John Vrabel