Subject: iSCSI: Login CmdSN

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:23:37 -0500

Draft-06-96
Section 2.10.7: "CmdSN is either the initial number of a session (for the
first Login of a session - the "leading" login) .." Is it correct to
understand this as the CmdSN used by the first command after the login cmd?.
For example,

I->login (CmdSN=1), leading connection
T->login Rsp
I->text (CmdSN=1), or should it have CmdSN=2?

Also, in section 1.2.2.2: "During login, there is always only one
outstanding command per connection". I think using "one outstanding task" is
more appropriate here. Text commands during login phase have the same
initiator task tag as the login cmd, but they shouldn't have the same CmdSN.

-Ayman

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:19:56 +0300

In fact there is only one outstanding command. There can't be more than one
outstanding text.
Numbering is starting with the Login Command.

Julo

"Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]> on 17-07-2001 00:23:37

Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Subject:  iSCSI: Login CmdSN

Draft-06-96
Section 2.10.7: "CmdSN is either the initial number of a session (for the
first Login of a session - the "leading" login) .." Is it correct to
understand this as the CmdSN used by the first command after the login
cmd?.
For example,

Also, in section 1.2.2.2: "During login, there is always only one
outstanding command per connection". I think using "one outstanding task"
is
more appropriate here. Text commands during login phase have the same
initiator task tag as the login cmd, but they shouldn't have the same
CmdSN.

-Ayman