Subject: iSCSI: TargetAddress in the spec twice

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:15:43 -0400

TargetAddress is in the spec twice and they both don't say the same thing.

The question I'm trying to resolve is: If the targets are on the same
address as the SendTargets command was sent on, does the TargetAddress need
to be returned with the TargetName list?

The 1st implies NO and the 2nd says YES.

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:58:55 -0500

Eddy-

The second TargetAddress (17) should be deleted.  12 is correct;
the TargetAddress does not include the target name.

If a target receives a SendTargets command, and returns targets
that are accessible ONLY at the same IP address and TCP port on
which the SendTargets was received, the TargetAddress key may
be omitted from the response.

Appendix F says the above, but perhaps I should have used the
wording above.  Does this help?

--
Mark

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054