Subject: Re: FW: Sense data and Response Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 00:21:13 +0300

The target can return the data in data-in PDUs followed by the response.
Response data is meant in contrast to user data (response data are some
form of device exception message).

Julo

"Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]> on 06-07-2001
21:30:57

Please respond to "Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked], Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  FW: Sense data and Response Data

Pardon me for sending this mail to you folks directly. I didn't receive
any email on the reflector since yesterday afternoon.

Has this issue related to sense data and response data been discussed
earlier?

thanks!
 -lakshmi

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshmi Ramasubramanian
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Sense data and Response Data

In SCSI Response PDU, the target can send either Sense Data or Response
Data, but not both. In certain cases, such as when a filemark is
detected on the tape during read, the target needs to  return both the
data read before reaching the filemark and the sense data.

Is there anyway targets can do this?

     thanks!
      -lakshmi

 - att1.htm