Subject: iSCSI 07: Initiator Task Tag

From: "Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:58:12 -0400

Hi all,

I am sorry.  I forgot to add the subject line.

Could you please help me with these questions?

1.  Is iSCSI task the same as SCSI task?

In section 1.1:

	"A SCSI task is a SCSI command or possibly a linked set of SCSI commands."

	"An iSCSI task is an iSCSI request for which a response is expected.

	In this document "iSCSI request", "iSCSI command", request or unqualified)
	command have the same meaning.  Also, unless specified otherwise, status,
	response or numbered response have the same meaning."

According to these definitions, they are different.  iSCSI task is an iSCSI
command.  If so, then is Initiator Task Tag the same as CmdSN?

2.  In iSCSI version 07:
	"2.2.2.8 Initiator Task Tag

        The initiator assigns a Task Tag to each iSCSI task that it issues.
        While a task exists this tag MUST uniquely identify it session-wide.
"

Is this Initiator Task Tag the same as the Task Tags defined in section
4.9.2 in SAM-2 (revision 19)?  As quoted from SAM-2: "An initiator assigns
tag values in each tagged task identifier in a way that ensures that the
identifier uniqueness requirements stated in 4.9 are met."

3.  How does the iSCSI target use the Initiator Task Tag to process the
commands?

Thanks a lot,

*********************************
 Trang Nguyen
 [email-masked]
 *********************************

---

From: "Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:54:56 -0400

Hi all,

In section 1.1:

2.  In iSCSI version 07:

Thanks a lot,