Subject: Interim meeting MIB working session

From: "Elizabeth Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:33:10 -0400

Hi all,

Keith McCloghrie is a Technical Advisor to the IPS Working Group, with
expertise in MIB development.  He has agreed to hold a working session
on Monday evening next week for those people involved in MIB work.
(Exact room and time still being determined.  Likely to start at around
7 pm.  Notice will be put on IPS WG Meeting room to indicate location.)

This will be held outside the IPS WG interim meeting, since it is a
educational type of meeting, focusing on MIB structure type issues, in
other words, SMI, syntax, structure, IETF recommendations for MIBs, and
general advice.  It is not going to focus on the content of the MIBs
themselves.

In order to prepare, Keith has asked for questions from MIB authors.  He
does not know what is the experience levels and backgrounds of the MIB
authors in this area and needs a better understanding of what kinds of
questions the authors have.

IPS WG:  This email is targeted to known IPS MIB authors.  If there are
others that are working/going to be working on IPS MIBs.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Rodriguez & 
David Black