Subject: iSCSI: Markers and CmdSN

From: Sanjay Goyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:35:44 -0400

Hi
 I have few Qs

1. When there are packet loss during transmission, you will also miss/loss
the CmdSN value with the command PDU. 
Does it mean you can not pass/present other higher CmdSN value command PDUs
to SCSI layer, as according to the draft specification the PDUs should be
transferred to SCSI layer in continuous increasing order of CmdSN value.

2. As per the new draft specification 
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt

 The markers are 16-bit, whereas the Max PDU size and DataSegmentLength in
the iSCSI PDUs are 24-bit. 
 Is there any reason for having this difference?

3. As per iSCSI draft ver07
   FMarker, RFMarkInt, SFMarkInt are described as "LO" and the description
says they are connection specific. 
 Would somebody clarify what is correct?

Regards
Sanjay Goyal