Subject: RE: iSCSI Login Proposal

From: "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:06:32 +0100

Hi Julian,

I was aware of the proposed change (I actually voted for it in London). I
thought of staying with SecurityContextComplete for the time being as it is
nearer the current spec.  I am happy to go either way. Personally I prefer
the put the status in the text command/response (For the new proposal its
not needed in the login command/response).  The login proposal has an
additional state ("Pre-security state") which would need to be reflected in
your proposal.

Is there value is specifying a login state machine in the spec?  I am happy
to do this (I have written one any way) but did not include it in the
proposal for simplicity's sake.

Cheers

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Satran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:49 AM
To: BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:iSCSI Login Proposal

Matthew,

Apologies to you, Marjorie and Bob for "changing the rules" during the
game.

I thought that it was obvious that I am going to rewrite 4 and simplify the
rules by neatly staging the login phase through a binary type indicator
that should show where the command is. Although I was myself not very
thrilled by the idea (presented in London) the meeting ended with a
consensus that I should explore this and that is what I did.

The result is not bad (the stages a clearly delineated, there are fewer
handshakes than before etc.).

Regards,
Julo

---

From: "Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:50:50 -0400

Hi Julian,

So far I've seen there are two iSCSI changes (Login/ Text commands and
Nop-in/out commands).  Are they official changes?  I mean can we use them
now?

Thanks,

Trang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)
Sent: August 22, 2001 5:07 AM
To: 'Julian Satran'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: iSCSI Login Proposal

Hi Julian,

Cheers

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Satran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:49 AM
To: BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:iSCSI Login Proposal

Matthew,

Regards,
Julo