Subject: Re:

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:01:46 +0300

How did you come to this number?  What did you assume for the exchange
length?

Julo

"Satish Menon" <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 06-08-2001
23:44:05

Please respond to "Satish Menon" <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:

Does anyone know how many end-to-end credits a typical HBA (N-port)  issues
per exchange? For a long distance link over FCIP, clearly this number
needs to be large. If not, then the link utilization will be extremely
poor. For e.g. a 200ms RTT link at 1 Gbps assuming 1 exchange through it,
it will need 10,000 credits to keep the link fully utilized. Using a
different  number of exchanges say 2000, the number of credits per exchange
drop to  5.