Subject: iSCSI: Multiple connections questions

From: "Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:55:48 -0400

Hi all,

I have some questions about iSCSI multiple connections.

1.  In the iSCSI version 07, it mentions that iSCSI supports multiple
connections within a session.  In which case or condition, multiple
connections are required or necessary because I can't find any example that
I would need to make more than 1 connection between the Initiator and the
Target?

2.  Who makes the decision to add or remove the connection, iSCSI or Upper
layer?

3.  The CID appears only in the Login Command.  How does iSCSI know which
connection it should send the SCSI Command/ Data to?

I'd appreciate it very much for your answers.

Regards,

*********************************
 Trang Nguyen
 [email-masked]
*********************************

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:35:00 +0300

Trang,

Multiple connectiosn are used to improve bandwidth and/or availability.
Connection selection for a command is done by the iSCSI initiator and after
that everything related to the command goes on the same connection.

Julo

"Trang Nguyen" <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 16-08-2001 00:55:48

Please respond to <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "IPS" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI: Multiple connections questions

Hi all,

Regards,