Subject: Re: A Question on "Full Feature Phase" of iSCSI 07

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:41:57 +0300

There is no default target anymore. The default target has been replaced by
a session of type discovery in which you don't have to give a target name.

Julo

"Lee Xing" <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 21-08-2001 01:56:29

Please respond to "Lee Xing" <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  A Question on "Full Feature Phase" of iSCSI 07

Hi,

On iSCSI 07 page 23 (section 1.2.5), it says "... A session is in full
feature phase after successfully finishing the login phase on the first
(leading) connection of a session. A connection is in full feature phase
if the session in full feature phase and the connection login has
completed successfully."

I assume that the above statements are not true after logging into the
default target "iSCSI", right?  If so, should we make them clearer?

Thank you.

Lee Xing
Sr. Software Engineer
Crossroads Systems, Inc.

---

From: Thanu Skariah <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:48:20 +0530

Julian,

In the session of type discovery, the only command that can be  accepted by a
target is a text command with a SendTargets key ( Appendix D, 34, page 167).

In  Appendix E. SendTargets operation, the second and third paragraphs say,

" To make use of SendTargets, an initiator must be logged into one of the two
types of targets. If the initiator is logged into the deafault target (target
name "iSCSI"), the only session type that it can be used is a discovery
session. If it logs into any other target, the session can be either a
discovery session or a normal operational session.
A system containing targets MUST support login to the default "iSCSI" target,
and MUST support the SendTargets command for this target. "

Confused with your reply and this part in the 07 draft. Kindly clarify.

Thank You,
Thanu