Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:22:53 -0400

Important reminder:

   This draft is unlikely to become an RFC in its current form; its 
   primary purpose is to capture a set of ideas as a basis for further 
   discussions.  Portions of this draft may be incorporated into other 
   drafts that are intended to become RFCs.  Caution should be 
   exercised in drawing inferences from the fact that the author of 
   this draft is one of the chairs of the IP Storage WG.  This draft is 
   an individual submission that the IP Storage WG is free to adopt, 
   modify, reject, fold, spindle, and/or mutilate as it sees fit. 

Changes from -00 Version:
    
   Added statement that there is no requirement to keep authentication 
   identities confidential. 
    
   Removed discussion of IKE text from authentication requirements 
   section to remove any implication that IKE is required.  Added short 
   discussion of multiple authentications and pointer to L2TP security 
   draft. 
    
   Updated confidentiality section to indicate that confidentiality is 
   now "MUST implement" but "OPTIONAL to use". 
    
   Added note that starting ESP on an active TCP connection will not 
   work correctly when TCP port translation is in use. 
    
   Added statement that SAs used with the proposed key management are 
   tightly bound to iSCSI TCP connections and hence not reusable to key 
   management description.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 7:07 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: iSCSI Security Requirements and SRP-based ESP Keys
	Author(s)	: D. Black
	Filename	: draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 17-Aug-01
	
This draft describes security requirements, status of security
specification, operating environment characteristics, and related
considerations for iSCSI. It also outlines an SRP-based [RFC-2945]
mechanism to derive ESP [RFC-2406] keying material and associated
rekeying mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:30:47 -0400