Subject: RE: iSCSI - Change - Login/Text commands with the binary stage co de- IMPORTANT PROPOSAL

From: "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:06:23 +0100

Hi Steve,

The only problem with having one login command and one login response
separated by zero or more text PDUs is that the target must respond with
the version number (max and active) before continuing with the login 
phase.  I missed this in the proposal that Bob, Marj, and myself put
forward.

Cheers

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Senum [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 5:13 PM
To: ietf-ips
Subject: Re: iSCSI - Change - Login/Text commands with the binary stage
code- IMPORTANT PROPOSAL

Julian,

> The situation is not symmetric anyway. If we keep the final login we have
a
> text request answered by
> a Login request.
> 
> I think that considering that text & login are equivalent during login if
> you care for complete symmetry you may want to use only login during the
> login phase.
> 
> This way we could even remove the phases field from the text commands.
> 
> So again the proposal is USE ONLY LOGIN during Login (the reason I did no
> put initially is now history anyway).
> 
> COMMENTS?

Ayman and I would prefer having only one login command and one login
response, seperated by zero or more text response/text command
pairs (like in Matthew Burbridge & Co.'s proposal).

Second choice would be leaving the spec as is, with the partial
login response.

Regards,
Steve Senum