Subject: Re: AHSLength

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:40:45 +0300

Sanjay,

You are right - there is a mistake in the extended CDB - the length field
should read "CDBLength - 15".

Julo

Sanjay Goyal <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 06-08-2001 22:43:44

Please respond to Sanjay Goyal <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "Ips (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:   Sanjay Goyal <[email-masked]>
Subject:  AHSLength

Hi
 as per 2.2.3.2 in iSCSI draft version 7.0
  AHSLength is length in bytes of the AHS
        excluding AHSType and AHSLength (not including padding).
   It doesnot mention any thing about byte-3 in 1st (32-bit)WORD (address
0).

 if we look at the example for BI-DI the AHSLength is 5 which includes the
byte-3 in 1st WORD
       whereas
 if we look at the example for Extended CDB the AHSLength is CDB-16, it
seems as if the byte-3 of 1st WORD is not counted in AHSLength. The reason
for length to be CDB-16, I assume is because the BHS has first 16 bytes of
the CDB.

I am not clear on whether we will include byte-3 of 1st WORD in the
AHSLength or not.

Regards
Sanjay Goyal