Subject: iSCSI: Proxies - Consensus Call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:06:01 -0400

Sitting on my to-do list from before the interim meeting
was the following consensus call.

Based on discussion on the list since my post on iSCSI Proxies
last week, I believe the rough consensus of the IPS WG is that
the iSCSI protocol should not include any support for proxies
beyond the calculation of separate CRCs on header and data.
Anyone who objects should post to the list with a cogent
technical rationale for the objection.

A consequence of this consensus call is that status code
0103 - Proxy Required will be removed if this consensus call
stands.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------