Subject: RE: [Fwd: iSCSI - revised 2.2.4]

From: "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:09:13 -0700

> However we might perhaps want to consider the following loose rule for
> defaults in the context of operational parameter negotiation at login only
> (leaving the negotiation rules as they are):
> 
> If the initiator issues a login request with the F bit set to 1 is assumed
> to have an imaginary content including all the operational keys that have
a
> default value and where not sent yet by the initiator during login and
> their values set to the default value.
> 
> Comments?
>
 
Julian,
Thanks for the detailed explanation of your thinking, I missed the
possibility that an initiator might not choose to fit the maximum number of
key/value pairs per PDU.

Can the login section state that an initiator SHOULD send the max number of
key/value pairs it can fit per PDU?  Just to encourage efficient
implementations? :-)

I'm a little confused as to what you are suggesting in the above text - my
thought is that a target does not know when it can assume that the initiator
has "offered a default" until the initiator sets the T bit to transition to
the next negotiation phase.  Did you mean to say T not F bit?

Thanks!
Marjorie