Subject: iSCSI: Question on T bit in login request PDU

From: "Subrahmanya Sastry K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:14:42 +0530

Hello,

Chapter 5 in the iscsi-draft-08 says that the T bit settings in one pair
of login
request-responses have no bearing on the T bit settings of the next pair
and
quotes :

        "An initiator having T bit set to 1 in one pair and being
answered with an
        T bit setting of 0 may issue the next request with T bit set to
0. "

But in section 5.3, the lines :

        "If the target responds to a Login request with the T bit set to
1,
          with a Login response with the T bit set to 0, the initiator
must
          keep sending the Login request (even empty) with the T bit set
to 1
          until it gets the Login Response with the T bit set to 1."

suggest a diffferent meaning.  If I assume both are possible, what is
the criterion
for the initiator to set the T bit?

Clarification please ?

-Sastry

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:24:23 +0300

It says that if the initiator wants to finish it has to set T=1 but if the 
target sets a key for which the initiator will have to answer with a 
sequence the initiator may set T back to 0 even if before it was 1 (on the 
condition that the target answered with T=0).
If the target does set T=1 as a response to a request with T=1 but sends 
keys to which the initiator has to answer that is a protocol error.

Julo

"Subrahmanya Sastry K.V" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
23-10-01 13:44
Please respond to "Subrahmanya Sastry K.V"

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: Question on T bit in login request PDU

Hello,

Clarification please ?

-Sastry