Subject: how much "Desired Data Transfer Length" in R2T

From: Nitin Dhingra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:44:46 +0530

How is the target going to decide how much "desired data transfer length" he
has
to fill apart from the negotiated "DataPDULength".

Thanks in advance,
nitin

---

From: "Subrahmanya Sastry K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:02:19 +0530

Nitin,

I think  the "Desired Data Tranfer Length" field of R2T PDU  should be equal to
the DataPDULength
value that the initiator has sent to the target during text parameter
negotiation. Since the DataPDULength
can be different in the two directions, the initiator sends this value to the
target as DataPDULength=<value>.
So the initiator only  sends/receives a PDU having length less than or equal
to  the negotiated DataPDULength
(non-zero).

Any comments are welcome..

Sastry