Subject: iSCSI minimum PDU length

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:34:38 +0300

With no votes against we have settled (again) on single PDU length (per 
connection, per direction) for all types of PDUs.
But I think we erred on the low side by suggesting 64 as a minimum. It is 
low (it was mentioned) and bad for text request/response.

How about settling for 1024?

Julo

---

From: Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:04:32 -0700

Julian,

Does the below imply that the length retriction of 4K on text & nop
operations is also removed and we now need to handle multi-sequence nop
operations ?

I suggest that maximum nop operation length be restricted to the minimum
PDU length that the draft will require. This will avoid adding multi-pdu
sequence complexity for the nop-out/nop-in pdu's.

The current login & text pdu's do allow for multi-sequence operations
based on the T/F bit. This should be sufficient if the login/text
payload exceeds 1K , as long as "key=value" operations are not going to
span pdu's. Is that correct ?

- Santosh

-- 
##################################
Santosh Rao
Software Design Engineer,
HP-UX iSCSI Driver Team,
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.
email : [email-masked]
Phone : 408-447-3751
##################################