Subject: iSCSI:Changes in Loging Negotiation

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:38:45 -0700

Now that Julian has made the latest change, I think we are now polishing
the knobs.  We have a Plugfest coming up which is going to use version 8.
(Maybe we can get in Julian's latest, but that is not sure.) Also we are
out of time and version 9 is suppose to be editorial (if possible).

So I know it is hard not to Polish, but unless it is an important show
stopper lets get on with what ever else we need to do and leave this alone.

Nothing in what I said should stop important changes, just please ask your
self, is it important enough to perhaps cause yet another iteration.
Remember it will not make the plugfest anyway.

We should be focusing on closure here.  This should apply to all the stuff
we have to do.  If it is a protocol change, you should consider it to be
very important, else forget it.  That is, not to say that we should not
polish the Documents.  We Should.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136
Internet address: [email-masked]

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:38:50 +0300

John,

You are right technically.  I assume that for the plugfest that was the 
way people implement this anyhow.
The only difference is that the previous text did no mandate this behavior 
while the current test is strict (beyond what I judged as necessary). To 
help I am going to post on my site a pdf called 8a - that will be an 
errata to 8 with changes
marked.

Julo

John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: [email-masked]
05-10-01 03:38
Please respond to John Hufferd

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI:Changes in Loging Negotiation

So I know it is hard not to Polish, but unless it is an important show
stopper lets get on with what ever else we need to do and leave this 
alone.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:05:37 -0400

I want to slightly tone down a couple of John's comments:

> Also we are

Version 9 is supposed to be primarily editorial, but that doesn't
mean that we can't put in technical changes that are discovered to be
needed in the interim.

> Remember it will not make the plugfest anyway.

I would hope people are only bringing important things to the list, but
considering whether they'll cause another iteration is not a good criteria.
It's highly unlikely that -09 will be the final version, as there's
probably at least one more iteration after that to deal with what we
do in Salt Lake City, and the odds of the version that enters WG Last
Call coming out with no changes necessary are infinitesimal.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------