Subject: question on whitespace in text negotiations

From: "Andre Asselin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:25:45 -0500

Julian,
     Thanks for answering my previous question.  I have another one for
you:
     Sections 2.2.4 and 3.10.4 describe the format of text
requests/responses, but doesn't address whether whitespace is significant
or should be thrown away.  For example, is "_MaxConnections_=_2" (where _
represents a space) valid or invalid?  I get the feeling that whitespace is
significant, but it would be nice if the spec explicitly said so.
Thanks...

Andre Asselin
IBM ServeRAID Software Development
Research Triangle Park, NC

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:03:01 +0200

They are significant. I will make the text say it explicitly in 3.10.4:

The initiator sends the target a set of key=value or key=list pairs 
encoded in UTF-8 Unicode. All the text keys and text values specified in 
this document are to be presented and interpreted in the case they appear 
in this document (they are case sensitive). White space in key and values 
is significant. The key and value are separated by a '=' (0x3d) delimiter. 
Every key=value pair (including the last or only pair) MUST be followed by 
at least one null (0x00) delimiter.  A list is a set of values separated 
by comma (0x2c). 

Julo

Andre Asselin/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: [email-masked]
31-10-01 18:25
Please respond to Andre Asselin

        To:     "IPS Reflector (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        question on whitespace in text negotiations

Julian,
represents a space) valid or invalid?  I get the feeling that whitespace 
is

Andre Asselin