Subject: ips : key response "NotUnderstood".

From: Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:29:05 -0700

Julian,

I suggest that the below quoted text in the draft be re-phrased to state
it in terms of "originating party" and "responding party", since the
target may originate X-* keys, in which case, the below text is
applicable for initiators.

Could you also please clarify what is the expected behaviour when an
initiator receives a vendor specific X-* key ? Is the initiator
compelled to respond with "NotUnderstood" or can it just discard the key
? 

Thanks,
Santosh

2.2.4
-----
"If a target is not supporting, or not allowed to use with a specific
initiator, any of the offered options, it may use the value "reject".
The values "none" and "reject" are reserved and must be used only as
described here.  Any key not understood is answered with NotUnderstood.
"

3.10.4
------
"Any other key not understood by the target may be ignored by the target
without affecting basic function. However the Text Response for a key
that was not understood MUST be key=NotUnderstood."

-- 
##################################
Santosh Rao
Software Design Engineer,
HP-UX iSCSI Driver Team,
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.
email : [email-masked]
Phone : 408-447-3751
##################################

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:57:29 +0300

Santosh,

Those have been fixed in a version of 2.2.4  that I've sent out to the 
list a while ago.

Julo

Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
16-10-01 23:29
Please respond to Santosh Rao

        To:     IPS Reflector <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        ips : key response "NotUnderstood".

Julian,

Thanks,
Santosh

2.2.4
-----

3.10.4
------