Subject: iSCSI and framing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:55:57 -0500

> If framing and steering "are essential" (your words) then why is framing
> not a MUST in the spec? And why are so many implementers stating (or
hinting)
> that they are NOT going to implement it? I think there is a major
disconnect
> are. iSCSI w/o framing or markers is dead in the water IMHO.

Because WG consensus is distinctly absent on this point.  We tried to get
consensus on this in London and failed twice.  I consider that text to be
an open issue at the moment.

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------