Subject: RE: FCencap: List ALL SOF/EOF codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:56:38 -0500

FC-MI was going to prohibit Class 1 last time I checked.  Since the
I in FC-MI stands for "Interoperability", this seems like a reasonable
rationale for excluding Class 1 service.

--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:52:18 -0600

David's observation is correct. FC-MI rev 1.8 (28 Sept 2001)
prohibits Class 1 and I can find no letter ballot comments
asking that it be reinstated.

Therefore, I am forced to agree with David. Class 1 MUST NOT
be mentioned in the FC Encapsulation draft. If necessary, a
note discussing interoperability and FC-MI can be added.

Thanks.

Ralph...