Subject: Salt Lake City meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:26:03 -0500

We're starting to put together the agenda for the IPS WG
meetings in Salt Lake City, currently scheduled for Monday
and Tuesday mornings.  The goals of these meetings are
(in order) to:

(1) Close technical issues in the main protocol drafts to make
	them ready for WG Last Call.
(2) Close technical issues in other drafts that have to
	accompany the main protocol drafts (e.g. FC encap,
	iSNS, IPS security).
(3) Close technical issues in any other draft that we can
	quickly declare victory on (i.e., WG Last Call prior
	to the Minneapolis IETF meeting is possible).

Drafts not falling into one of the above categories should
expect at most limited time in the meeting (e.g., 5 min update).

Draft authors - please make sure that your Technical Coordinator
(iSCSI - John Hufferd, FCIP - Murali Rajagopal, iFCP - Franco
Travostino) is aware of the state of your draft and the time
you think you'll need.  For drafts not falling cleanly into
one of those three technical areas, please send requests for
agenda time directly to Elizabeth and me.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:16:56 -0600

David,

It is my opinion the the FC Encapsulation draft has zero
open technical issues. In defense of this position, I will
remind you that the only change in the latest revision is
addition of statements about what the FC Encapsulation
does not do. That seems to suggest that the draft's
discussion of what the FC Encapsulation does do is
very solid.

Thanks.

Ralph...