Subject: iSCSI: iSCSI Rev 8

From: "Dave Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:56:03 -0600

Good Morning,

Suggested rewording for clause 3.4.1 in iSCSI Rev 8:

bit 4 (o) set for Bidirectional Read Residual Overflow. In this case, the
Bidirectional Read Residual Count indicates the number of bytes that were
not transferred to the initiator because the initiator's Expected
Bidirectional Read Data Transfer Length was not sufficient.

bit 3 (u) set for Bidirectional Read Residual Underflow. In this case, the
Bidirectional Read Residual Count indicates the number of bytes that were
not transferred to the initiator out of the number of bytes that were
expected to be transferred.

bit 2 (O) set for Residual Overflow. In this case, the Residual Count
indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred because the
initiator's Expected Data Transfer length was not sufficient. For a
bidirectional operation, the Residual Count contains the residual for the
write operation.

bit 1 (U) set for Residual Underflow. In this case, the Residual Count
indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred out of the number of
bytes that were expected to be transferred. For a bidirectional operation,
the Residual Count contains the residual for the write operation.

Suggested rewording for clause 3.4.4

3.4.4 Residual Count
The Residual Count field is valid only in the case where either the U
bit or the O bit is set. If neither bit is set, the Residual Count
field SHOULD be zero. If the O bit is set, the Residual Count indicates
the number of bytes that were not transferred because the initiator's
Expected Data Transfer Length was not sufficient. If the U bit is set,
the Residual Count indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred
out of the number of bytes expected to be transferred.

3.4.5 Bidirectional Read Residual Count
The Bidirectional Read Residual Count field is valid only in the case
where either the u bit or the o bit is set. If neither bit is set,
the Bidirectional Read Residual Count field SHOULD be zero. If the o bit
is set, the Bidirectional Read Residual Count indicates the number of
bytes that were not transferred to the initiator because the initiator's
Expected Bidirectional Read Transfer Length was not sufficient. If the u
bit is set, the Bidirectional Read Residual Count indicates the number
of bytes that were not transferred to the initiator out of the number of
bytes that were expected to be transferred.

Dave

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:48:48 +0200

Thanks - Julo

"Dave Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
01-11-01 18:56
Please respond to "Dave Peterson"

        To:     "Ips@Ece. Cmu. Edu" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: iSCSI Rev 8

Good Morning,

bit 1 (U) set for Residual Underflow. In this case, the Residual Count
indicates the number of bytes that were not transferred out of the number 
of
bytes that were expected to be transferred. For a bidirectional operation,
the Residual Count contains the residual for the write operation.

3.4.4 Residual Count

Dave