Subject: iSCSI DataSN Can equal 2**32

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:46:45 -0800

Julian,
At  3.7.5 there is a statement that data sequence MUST contain less then
2**32-1 numbered PDUs.  I did not understand that since the count starts at
0, which should mean that 2**32 PDUs could be possible.  So I do not
understand the -1 in the count of PDUs, and I then do not understand "less
then" (which I guess would mean 2**32-2).  I think the number should be
able to go from 0 to 2**32-1, inclusive, which is 2*32 different PDUs and
not "less then 2**32-1".

Perhaps the statement should read that the sequence number of the Data PDU
can not be greater then 2**32-1.  Or the total number of Data PDUs in a
Sequence can not be greater then 2**32.

But perhaps I missed something.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]