Subject: IPS SLC Preliminary Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:14:30 -0500

Comments to me, by Monday if possible.  Thanks, --David

IETF IP Storage (IPS) Working Group
Salt Lake City IETF Meeting, December 9-14, 2001
-------------------------------------------

CHAIRS:
	David L. Black <[email-masked]>
	Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>

AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

INTERIM MEETING: February 6-8, Huntington Beach, CA, USA
	General meeting covering all WG work items.  An announcement
	with location and additional details will be posted to the list.
	Some WG Last Calls are expected during January - among the purposes
		of this meeting is to address issues raised during WG Last
Call.

---- Monday, December 10, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)
	- BLUE SHEETS
	- NOTE WELL
	- Interim Meeting (see above)
	- Charter and Milestone revisions (coming soon)
	- Separation of normative and non-normative references in drafts

- Security (30 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-security-07.txt

	Certificate issues and encapsulation mode (transport,tunnel)
requirements

- FC Encapsulation (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-04.txt

	Status update

- iFCP MIB (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-00.txt

	Status update

- iFCP (30 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-07.txt

	Includes FC broadcast and multiple iFCP instances at same IP
address.

- iSNS (20 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-isns-06.txt

	Security of iSNS and iSNS as used with iFCP and iSCSI, including
		security policy distribution.

- iSNS MIB (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-01.txt

	Status update

- FCIP (45 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcipip-07.txt

	Includes WWN short frame security

- SLP and FCIP (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-01.txt

	Status update.

---- Tuesday, December 11, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Re-Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)

- SCSI, FC Management and FCIP MIBs (10 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-00.txt

	Status update.  No drafts available for SCSI and FC Management MIBs.
	***May be taken up on Monday if time is available**

- iSCSI Plugfest Report and Discussion (20 min)

- iSCSI SRP Intellectual Property Rights (15 min)

	Report on known status of IPR issues for SRP.  NOTE: Progress is
		being made on these issues.

- iSCSI Framing Mechanism Requirements (15 min)
	draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-01.txt

	NOTE: The contents of this draft will be discussed in TSVWG.  This
IPS WG
		time is to discuss iSCSI requirements for use of these
mechanisms.

- iSCSI (40 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-09.txt

	Includes Out of Order Operation

- iSCSI Boot (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-04.txt
	draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt

	Status update.

- iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements (20 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-03.txt

	Includes ISID changes.

- iSCSI stringprep (5 min)
	draft-bakke-iscsi-stringprep-00.txt

	The author would like the WG to adopt this as an official WG work
item.

- Use of SLP and iSNS with ISCSI (10 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-02.txt
	draft-ietf-ips-isns-06.txt

	Status updates

- iSCSI MIB (5 min)
	draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-03.txt

	Status update and relationship to SCSI MIB.  Table structure
		diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/iscsi/Visio-ietf-iscsi-mib-structure-03.pdf

DESCRIPTION:

	The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
block storage
	traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------