Subject: iSCSI: Checking the I bit

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:26:18 -0500

Is it necessary for the initiator to check the I bit in every response?

If an initiator does not need it, then I don't want to take the extra time
to check it. I think this is consistent with the thinking of all attendees
of the UNH Plug Fest because the report from UNH IOL was that "all companies
failed that test".

I would like to propose adding some wording to 3.2.1.1 similar to "It is not
necessary to check this bit for 1 if the implementation in the initiator
does not need its use".

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ted Kuo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:34:41 -0800

While I am reading iscsi drafts, I found the following potential conflict
between drafts.

In Section  2.3 of the latest securing iscsi, ifcp, fcip draft (06), it
states
compliant iscsi implementation "MUST support ESP transport mode" while
in Section 10.3.1 of the latest iSCSI draft (09), it states ESP tunnel mode
must be implemented.

I am new to the list and would appreciate a private email if this issue has
been resovled in the list already.

Thanks,
Ted