Subject: iSCSI: Inconsistent RUN Length 0 Meaning

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:22:38 -0800

Julian,
There may be an inconsistency in the Description of a Run Length of 0.  The
following Statement was made in the 2nd Paragraph of section 3.16 (SNACK
Request):

"... The SNACK request indicates to the Target the missed numbered-response
or data run, where the run is composed of an initial missed StatSN, DataSN
or R2TSN and the number of additional missed Status, Data or R2T PDUs (0
means only the initial)."

Then later on in paragraph 4 is the following statement:

"... Data-In PDUs requested with RunLength 0 (meaning all after this
number) ..."

So this seems to mean that either RunLength of 0 can mean lots of Data_
PDUs in the RUN (i.e. all after this number), or it can mean only one (i.e.
only the initial).

So my question is what does a Run Length of 0 really mean, and independent
of your answer, I think we should do something to enhance/correct the above
wording in section 3.16.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]