Subject: iSCSI:

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:00:20 -0500

This quote is from section 5.3. Can someone give an example of such a case?
 
 Whenever parameter action or acceptance is dependent on other
 parameters, the dependent parameters MUST be sent after the
 parameters they depend on.  If they are sent within the same command
 a response for a parameter might imply responses for others.
 
Eddy

---

From: Tow Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:34:48 -0800

I can infer one example: you should first offer whether you want
markers, before offering any marker intervals.
Tow

Eddy Quicksall wrote:

> parameters they depend on.If they are sent within the same command
>
--
Tow Wang
Adaptec Software Engineer

---

From: "Robert D. Russell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:41:34 -0500 (EST)

Eddy:

An example is the situation where InitialR2T is negotiated to yes
(the default) and ImmediateData is negotiated to no.  At that
point unsolicited data of any kind is disallowed.  Therefore
the FirstBurstSize parameter becomes irrelevant, since it  applies
only if unsolicited data is allowed.

Bob Russell
InterOperability Lab
University of New Hampshire
[email-masked]
603-862-3774