Subject: iSCSI: markers explanation

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:12:05 -0500

Julian,

The explanation of markers says:

 Anything counted in the TCP sequence-number is
 counted for the offset. Specifically this includes any bytes
 "inserted" in the TCP stream by an UFL and it excludes any other
 markers inserted between the one we are examining and the next PDU
 header.

The part that says “specifically” seems to contradict the previous sentence
because the markers are counted in the TCP sequence-number. May I suggest
changing it to:

 With one exception, anything counted in the TCP sequence-number is
 counted for the offset. Specifically this includes any bytes
 "inserted" in the TCP stream by an UFL. The exception excludes any other
 markers inserted between the one we are examining and the next PDU
 header.

Eddy

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:11:05 +0200

OK

The reason for this design is to keep the marker content independent of 
the marker interval.

Please note also that in calculating where to place markers you should 
assume that markers have been inserted everywhere (including Login) 
although they are not inserted during login.  This will allow parties not 
to remember where login ended.

Julo

"Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
14-12-01 19:12

        To:     "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: markers explanation

Julian,

 
The part that says ?specifically? seems to contradict the previous 
sentence because the markers are counted in the TCP sequence-number. May I 
suggest changing it to:

Eddy