Subject: iSCSI: F and TTT=0xFFFFFFFF in final text response

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:21:43 -0500

Section 3.11.1 says that the F bit is set to 1 when the target has finished.
Then 3.10.3 implies that the target must set the TTT to 0xFFFFFFFF in the
final response (it is also backed up by an example).

Since the F bit should tell the story and we shouldn’t have two ways to tell
when the target is finished, I think we should not make this implication.

Can we add a statement that says

3.10.3

“Note that the TTT is not applicable when the target sets the F bit to 1”.

3.11.1

“When the F bit is set to 1 in a text response, the TTT is not applicable”?

Or if there is a good reason for this, then we should state it clearly.

Eddy

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:38:40 +0200

Thanks - will do something - Julo

                    "Eddy Quicksall"                                                                      
                    <Eddy_Quicksall@iv       To:     "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)"                       
                    ivity.com>                <[email-masked]>                                           
                    Sent by:                 cc:                                                          
                    [email-masked].       Subject:     iSCSI: F and                                    
                    edu                       TTT=0xFFFFFFFF in final text response                       

                    18-12-01 02:21                                                                        

Section 3.11.1 says that the F bit is set to 1 when the target has
finished. Then 3.10.3 implies that the target must set the TTT to
0xFFFFFFFF in the final response (it is also backed up by an example).

Since the F bit should tell the story and we shouldn't have two ways to
tell when the target is finished, I think we should not make this
implication.

3.10.3

"Note that the TTT is not applicable when the target sets the F bit to 1".

3.11.1

"When the F bit is set to 1 in a text response, the TTT is not applicable"?

Eddy