Subject: iSCSI:Time2Retain

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:54:20 -0800

Julian,
I am wondering if we have a minor discrepancy between the Asynchronous
Message PDU and the Logout Response PDU.

The Asynchronous Message Parameter3 is the "Time2Retain" variable, and it
is the maximum time to reconnect after the initial wait (Parameter2) which
is the "Time2Wait".

The Logout Response PDU has both the "Time2Wait" and the "Time2Retain" but
the "Time2Retain" is defined as the "maximum time that the target waits for
a connection reinstatement Login after which the connection state is
discarded", and that definition makes no reference to the "Time2Wait".

Since Both "Time2Wait" and "Time2Retain" are specified in both PDUs, the
question is: did we intend in the Logout Response PDU to have no relation
between the two values, and did we intend the two Commands to have
different interpretations of the "Time2Retain" variable?

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]