Subject: Re: iSCSI Keys

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:00:55 -0800

The Leading Login is a serial only process until it concludes into full
featured phase.  No other connection can be established until the end of
the Leading Login.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]

"Rahul Bhagwat" <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 01/26/2002 07:48:44 AM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:    iSCSI Keys

Hi,

I have two questions here.

When does the negotiated value for a key come into  effect ?
At the end of the negotiation OR immediately OR on  receipt
of next PDU in negotiation sequence (so as to be  sure that
other end has received the value that comes into  effect).

By negotiation, I mean here succesful login or end  of a
Text task.

For example, MaxConnections key starts with a  default
value of 1. During operational negotiation phase of  login, if
the value becomes 2, can the initiator immediately  open
another TCP connection (without the leading login  concluding
successfully).

Another question is about MaxRecvPDULength. It is  the only
numeric key that is allowed during Full feature  phase. I tried
to look through the archieve but could not find a  discussion
on this. What is the reason for this key to be  allowed like
this ? The possible reason I could think of this is  a target or
initiator becomes less loaded and can handle bigger  PDUs.

Regards,
Rahul