Subject: iSCSI: new state diagram slides posted

From: "Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:16:03 -0800

All:

Please find new iSCSI state diagram slides at:

http://storage-arch.hp.com/iscsi_states_rev10.pdf

or, also at:

http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips/iscsi_states_rev10.pdf

These contain the following changes - 

 - Addition of T18 to both initiator and target standard
   connection state diagrams - to take care of the "session
   close" case.
 - Wording changes in other places to take care of the "session
   close" case properly.
 - Addition of a new target session state Q5 (IN_CONTINUE), 
   since the previous Q2 state was overloaded.  As defined in
   rev09, on receiving a login_failed event in state Q2, the 
   resolution of choice between transitions N8 and N9 requires
   additional "state" not defined in the state diagram.  The
   current change remedies that.
 - Other minor wording fixes.

The updated content in these diagrams will be published
as part of rev10.

Thanks.
-- 
Mallikarjun 

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
Networked Storage Architecture
Network Storage Solutions Organization
MS 5668	Hewlett-Packard, Roseville.
[email-masked]