Subject: ISCSI: Login request/response Statusn/expstatsn clarification..

From: "Ranganathan, Deva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:48:34 -0800

Julian, all,
I am looking at the latest draft draft-ietf-ips-iSCSI-10.txt  and also the
earlier 0.8 and 0.9 draft.  
Under login request, expStatSN is described in draft 10 page 66 - Section
1.12.10 as 
" ExpStatSN This is ExpStatSN for the old connection. This field is valid
only if the Login request restarts a connection (i.e., X bit is 1 and TSID
is not zero). "
However for login response, StatSN is described in page 70, Section 1.13.4
as

"StatSN For the first Login Response (the response to the first Login
Request), this is the starting status Sequence Num- ber for the connection.
The next response of any kind, including the next login response, if any, in
the same login phase, will carry this number + 1. This field is valid only
if the Status Class is 0. "
Am I missing something?
-Thanks
Deva
Adaptec Inc

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:44:24 +0200

Deva,

ExpStatSN in a restart Login is meant to convey to the target "up to which 
point where statuses received" on the old connection.
StatSN in the response is completely related to the new connection (new 
numbering, recall statuses are numbered per connection).

Julo

"Ranganathan, Deva" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
30-01-02 01:48

        To:     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        ISCSI: Login request/response Statusn/expstatsn clarification..

Julian, all,

"StatSN For the first Login Response (the response to the first Login
Request), this is the starting status Sequence Num- ber for the 
connection.
The next response of any kind, including the next login response, if any, 
in
the same login phase, will carry this number + 1. This field is valid only
if the Status Class is 0. "
Am I missing something?
-Thanks
Deva
Adaptec Inc