Subject: iSCSI: error text

From: Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:04:01 -0500

It would be nice if we could send some error text in the Login Response when
the Status-Class is non zero.
 
Since so many things fit into Initiator Error, that would allow anyone
looking at an analyzer to see the actual reason.
 
The text would not be defined by the spec but would be defined only by the
target and would not be interpreted by anything other than a person trying
to diagnose the problem.
 
Eddy

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:51:59 +0200

Eddy - nice thought - there are vendor keys for that - If you ask me to 
add them as part of the standard - I will do it in HEBREW Julo

Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
29-01-02 21:04

        To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, "ips@ece. cmu. edu (E-mail)" 
<[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: error text

It would be nice if we could send some error text in the Login Response 
when the Status-Class is non zero.

 
Eddy