Subject: iSCSI Keys

From: "Rahul Bhagwat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:18:44 +0530

Hi,

I have two questions here.

When does the negotiated value for a key come into effect ? 
At the end of the negotiation OR immediately OR on receipt
of next PDU in negotiation sequence (so as to be sure that
other end has received the value that comes into effect).

By negotiation, I mean here succesful login or end of a
Text task.

For example, MaxConnections key starts with a default 
value of 1. During operational negotiation phase of login, if
the value becomes 2, can the initiator immediately open
another TCP connection (without the leading login concluding
successfully).

Another question is about MaxRecvPDULength. It is the only
numeric key that is allowed during Full feature phase. I tried
to look through the archieve but could not find a discussion 
on this. What is the reason for this key to be allowed like
this ? The possible reason I could think of this is a target or
initiator becomes less loaded and can handle bigger PDUs.

Regards,
Rahul