Subject: iSCSI: PDU size and FirstBurstSize

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:21:53 -0600

1- In draft-09, section 2.2.2.1 near the end:

        "The target MUST NOT transmit a MaxCmdSN that is less than the last
        ExpCmdSN."

This should be:

        "The target MUST NOT transmit a MaxCmdSN that is less than the last
        ExpCmdSN - 1."

to be consistent with the previous paragraph.

2- section 2.2.5 (sixth paragraph):

	"An initiator may send unsolicited data as immediate up to the
	 negotiated maximum PDU size or in a separate PDU sequence (up
	 to the mode page limit). All subsequent data MUST be solicited."

Can the PDU size be negotiated to a value larger than FirstBurstSize? The
definition of MaxRecvPDULength does not limit that, and the definition of
FirstBurstSize includes immediate data, which implies FBS larger than PDU
size.
If PDU size is larger than FBS, then the definition of FBS is not consistent
with the above paragraph.

-Ayman