Subject: Re: iSCSI: Checking the I bit

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 15:45:26 +0200

I think we have a (silent) consensus on making it 0 :-)  Julo

                    "Eddy                                                                         
                    Quicksall"           To:     "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]> 
                    <Eddy@Quicksal       cc:                                                      
                    l.com>               Subject:     iSCSI: Checking the I bit                   
                    Sent by:                                                                      
                    owner-ips@ece.                                                                
                    cmu.edu                                                                       

                    13-12-01 13:26                                                                

Is it necessary for the initiator to check the I bit in every response?

If an initiator does not need it, then I don't want to take the extra time
to check it. I think this is consistent with the thinking of all attendees
of the UNH Plug Fest because the report from UNH IOL was that "all
companies failed that test".

I would like to propose adding some wording to 3.2.1.1 similar to "It is
not necessary to check this bit for 1 if the implementation in the
initiator does not need its use".

[email-masked]