Subject: iSCSI: Draft submission String Profile for iSCSI Names

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:03:08 -0600

I've just submitted the draft on string profiling for iSCSI
names as draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-stringprep-00.txt.  Until it
turns up as an internet-draft, it is available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/iscsi/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-string-prep-00.txt

This draft covers the mapping process by which internationalized
UTF-8 iSCSI names can be "normalized" (converted to the equivalent
of lower-case, and having illegal characters removed) before being
used by the iSCSI protocol.

Note that from the iSCSI protocol's point of view, iSCSI names are
assumed to have been normalized before being sent or received by
iSCSI or any of its discovery or management protocols; the draft
mainly serves as a method for checking and converting user input
into iSCSI names for those implementations that wish to do so.

This document should not be read without first reading the iSCSI
naming & discovery draft.

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054