Subject: iSCSI: TargetAlias in SendTargets reply?

From: andy currid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:44:14 -0800 (PST)

Folks

I think it would be useful to permit iSCSI targets to optionally
return the TargetAlias text key in their replies to a SendTargets
text request used in a discovery session.

As currently defined in draft 9, the target records sent in
response to a SendTargets request may only include the text
keys TargetName and TargetAddress.

It seems to me that TargetAlias is potentially at its most
useful during discovery sessions, when a human operator may
be involved.

I suggest we permit TargetAlias to be optionally returned by
a target in its response to SendTargets.

Comments?

Andy
--
Andy Currid                                       [email-masked]
Server Products Group                       http://www.windriver.com
Wind River Networks                         Phone : (1) 510 749 2191
500 Wind River Way, Alameda, CA 94501       Fax   : (1) 510 749 2560