Subject: iSCSI:ExpDataSN

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:37:24 -0800

Julian,
the current Draft section 3.4.7 clearly states that ExpDataSN applies to
Reads (Data-In PDUs).  Though it does not say only Reads, it does not make
much since for anything else.  The Appendix B on the other hand has a
number of examples that show the final Status on a Write Operation,
returning ExpDataSN.  These examples should probably be updated to remove
the returning of the ExpDataSN on the Ending SCSI Response PDU for Write
Operations.

We might also consider adding words to 3.4.7 that says "This field is
Reserved when responding to Writes (Data-Out) Operations. " especially
since the Appendix shows it did seem confusing to someone.

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]