Subject: iSCSI: FIM Marker related

From: Sukha Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:53:15 -0500

Hi,

In Specs version 10, Appendix A, Section A.2 page 196, you say that if the
negotiated marker interval is 512 and the login ended at byte 1003, the
first marker will be inserted after byte 1031 in the stream. How did you
arrive at this number? In this example, I thought that from pure iSCSI byte
point of view, the marker should be inserted after byte 1023, 1535 etc of
iSCSI byte. Could you please clarify?

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:32:30 +0200

Although markers start being inserted only after login - the insertion 
points are calculated as if markers where there from point 0 (so that 
nobody has to remember when login ended). So you had a set of "virtual 
markers" at 512-519

Julo

Sukha Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
12-02-02 23:53

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: FIM Marker related

Hi,

arrive at this number? In this example, I thought that from pure iSCSI 
byte

---

From: Sukha Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:53:58 -0500

So if I understand it right, as a receiver at whatever byte stream point the
log-in ended, after that I would have start of an 8 byte marker at byte
point determined by the formula [(MI + 8) * n - 8] where MI = Marker
Interval, n = integer number. Please let me know if it is correct or not.
 
Thanks 

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Satran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:33 AM
To: Sukha Ghosh; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iSCSI: FIM Marker related

Although markers start being inserted only after login - the insertion
points are calculated as if markers where there from point 0 (so that nobody
has to remember when login ended). So you had a set of "virtual markers" at
512-519 

Julo 

12-02-02 23:53 

        To:        [email-masked] 
        cc:         

Hi,

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:18:23 +0200

Correct - Julo

13-02-02 18:53

        To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
        cc:     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
        Subject:        RE: iSCSI: FIM Marker related

So if I understand it right, as a receiver at whatever byte stream point 
the log-in ended, after that I would have start of an 8 byte marker at 
byte point determined by the formula [(MI + 8) * n - 8] where MI = Marker 
Interval, n = integer number. Please let me know if it is correct or not.
 
Thanks 
-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Satran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:33 AM
To: Sukha Ghosh; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iSCSI: FIM Marker related

Julo 

        To:        [email-masked] 
        cc:         

Hi,