Subject: iSCSI: SNACK RunLength

From: Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:43:24 -0600

Am I just not reading this or can this paragraph use some help?  Can someone
give an interpretation? 

   9.16.3  RunLength
		...

           The first data SNACK, issued after initiator's MaxRecvPDULength 
           decreased, for a command issued on the same connection before the

           change in MaxRecvPDULength, MUST use RunLength "0" to request 
           retransmission of any number of PDUs (including one).  The number
of 
           retransmitted PDUs in this case, may or may not be the same as
the 
           original transmission, depending on whether loss was before or
after 
           the MaxRecvPDULength was changed at the target.

Does this refer to something like:

For connections with unacknowledged PDUs that undergo MaxRecvPDULength
negotiation ...

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:49:35 +0200

Michael,

The paragraph says that if you issue a SNACK after the MaxPDURecvLength 
has decreased you should use RunLength 0 (meaning all) instead of a 
specific runlength which might not be accurate anymore.

Julo

Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
25-03-02 19:43
Please respond to Michael Schoberg

        To:     "IPS Reflector (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: SNACK RunLength

Am I just not reading this or can this paragraph use some help?  Can 
someone
give an interpretation? 

   9.16.3  RunLength
                                 ...

           decreased, for a command issued on the same connection before 
the

           retransmission of any number of PDUs (including one).  The 
number