Subject: FCIP: Last Call Technical Comment

From: "Elizabeth Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 01:39:36 -0600

Hi all, 

I have 1 technical comment on the FCIP document:

Section 3.1:

    - FC-BB   - Fibre Channel Backbone [3]
    - FC-BB-2 - Fibre Channel Backbone -2 [4]
    - FC-SW-2 - Fibre Channel Switch Fabric -2 [5]
    - FC-FS   - Fibre Channel Framing and Signaling [6]
 
   FC-BB and FC-BB-2 describe the relationship between an FC Fabric and
   interconnect technologies not defined in by Fibre Channel standards
   (e.g., ATM and SONET). FC-BB-2 is the natural Fibre Channel home for
   describing relationships to TCP/IP and FCIP.

The FC-BB reference should be removed from the document.  FC-BB-2 is the
applicable document for interactions between FC, FCIP and TCP/IP.  Since
FC-BB-2 is a replacement document to FC-BB, FC-BB shoud not be mentioned
in the FCIP document, either as a normative or non-normative reference.

Elizabeth