Subject: iSCSI: Logout hierarchy

From: Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:49:24 -0600

Quick scenario:

A connection receives a logout message with recovery (ReasonCode = 2).  The
Logout response sets a Time2Wait & Time2Retain as negotiated at login.
Within these periods, a new Logout (implicit or explicit) request comes in
either to remove that exact connection or to destroy the whole session.
Should the target obey the new request or honor the previous?

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:06:33 +0200

Nothing can come after the login response on the same connection. Times 
can be set for any values (the negotiated are defaults).
Tasks to be recovered are individually set to to Time2Retain. Any other 
logout can occur on another connection only and affect other tasks.

Julo

Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
27-03-02 18:49
Please respond to Michael Schoberg

        To:     "IPS Reflector (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: Logout hierarchy

Quick scenario: