Subject: iSCSI: MaxCmdSN and the I bit

From: Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:22:13 -0500

1) Section 2.2.2.1 Command Numbering and Acknowledging says

    MaxCmdSN - the maximum number to be shipped.
 
But can't anything with the I bit set take on MaxCmdSN+1? If so, should this
say "for non-immediate commands, the maximum number ..."? If so, there are a
couple of other places to update as well (like 9.4.10).
 
2) Is there any reason why the "I" bit would be used with a SCSI Command? I
ask this because all SCSI commands have to pass to the SCSI layer and there
would be no way to throttle them when the "I" bit is set.
 
3) Section 9.4.9 ExpCmdSN - Next Expected CmdSN from this Initiator says: 

    An ExpCmdSN equal to MaxCmdSN+1
    indicates that the target cannot accept new commands.

But it could if the "I" bit was set and your answer to #2 above is "yes",
correct?

Eddy