Subject: Re: referenced task tag

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:42:34 +0200

The reason was to allow the two functions - "abort" and "fill-the-hole" be 
performed by a the abort-task task management request. This is important 
both on a single connection and on multiple (when switching connections 
all the commands on the logged-out connection after expcmdsn have either 
to be reissued or aborted). If we want to abort them selectively or 
collectively we still have to fill the holes and the only way to do it is 
ether abort them with task abort or fill them with nop (otherwise commands 
from other connections are held-up).
Your previous note outlines correctly the mechanism and yes you have to 
check for RefCmdSN only when the task is not there!

Julo

"Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
01-03-02 03:49

        To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
        cc: 
        Subject:        referenced task tag

Julian,

I don't see the use of Referenced Task Tag field (9.6.2).

Can you please comment on why we decided to retain it?

Thanks!

Mallikarjun

---

From: "Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:52:56 -0800

Julian,

I am not sure you're referring to the same field as I was.

I am referring to the named field in the TMF response PDU -
why the non-existent ITT needs to be sent back by the target?

Here is the text I am referring to:

9.6.2 Referenced Task Tag

If the Request was ABORT TASK and the Response is "task does not exist", the
Referenced Task Tag contains the Initiator Task Tag of the task that was to be
aborted. In other cases, it MUST be set to 0xffffffff.

Thanks.
--
Mallikarjun

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
Networked Storage Architecture
Network Storage Solutions Organization
Hewlett-Packard MS 5668
Roseville CA 95747