Subject: iSCSI: Task management

From: Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:57:56 -0600

I'm not sure if this is a documentation idiosyncrasy or not.  The iSCSI
Task-Management request has both an "Initiator Task Tag" and "Referenced
Task Tag".  The description of which is used where seems to overlap.  ABORT
TASK says it uses the "Referenced Task Tag" field and 9.5.3 says "Initiator
Task Tag" is used for ABORT TASK.  Also, which field holds the task tag for
TASK-REASSIGN?  9.5.1 Says "Initiator Task Tag" or should I assume
"Referenced Task Tag"?

  9.5.1  Function

                 1    ABORT TASK - aborts the task identified by the
Referenced       
                      Task Tag field.

                 8    TASK REASSIGN - reassigns connection allegiance for
the 
                      task identified by the Initiator Task Tag field to
this con-
                      nection, thus resuming the iSCSI exchanges for the
task.

   9.5.3  Referenced Task Tag 

           The Initiator Task Tag of the task to be aborted for the ABORT
TASK  
           function or reassigned for the TASK REASSIGN function.
           For all the other functions this field is reserved.

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:15:49 +0200

The RTT is used for the task on which the operation is performed and the 
ITT is of the task management function itself!

Julo

Michael Schoberg <[email-masked]>
26-03-02 22:57
Please respond to Michael Schoberg

        To:     "IPS Reflector (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: Task management

I'm not sure if this is a documentation idiosyncrasy or not.  The iSCSI
Task-Management request has both an "Initiator Task Tag" and "Referenced
Task Tag".  The description of which is used where seems to overlap. ABORT
TASK says it uses the "Referenced Task Tag" field and 9.5.3 says 
"Initiator
Task Tag" is used for ABORT TASK.  Also, which field holds the task tag 
for
TASK-REASSIGN?  9.5.1 Says "Initiator Task Tag" or should I assume
"Referenced Task Tag"?

  9.5.1  Function