Subject: Re: ISCSI: CmdSN in non-leading login

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:24:14 +0300

John,

Here is the text I suggest for 9.12.8

CmdSN
CmdSN is either the initial command sequence number of a session (for the 
first Login request of a session - the "leading" login) or the command 
sequence number in the command stream if the login is for a new connection 
in an existing session.

Examples:

- A leading login phase - if the leading login carries the CmdSN 123 all 
other login requests in the same login phase carry the CmdSN 123 and the 
first non-immediate command in FullFeaturePhase also carries the CmdSN 
123.

- A non-leading login phase - the current CmdSN at the time the first 
login on the connection is issued is 500 - the login request carries 
CmdSN=500 the second login request carries a CmdSN not lower than 500 
(higher if non-immediate requests where issued in the session between the 
first and the second request in the new login phase) etc.. 

If the login request is a leading login request the target MUST use the 
value presented in CmdSN as the target value for ExpCmdSN.

Regards,
Julo

---

From: "Mark S. Edwards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 06:41:42 +0100

Julo,

Seems to work well enough.

Thanks,

Mark.

At 02:24 PM 5/12/2002 +0300, Julian Satran wrote:

>first non-immediate command in FullFeaturePhase also carries the CmdSN 123.
>