Subject: iSCSI: TotalAHSlength in response pdus

From: Ashok Rajagopalan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:25:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Since section 9.2 states "iSCSI response PDUs do not have AH segments"
why do SCSI response PDU, Task Management Resp PDU etc.. have TotalAHSLength?
Shouldn't it be reserved. In addition DataSegmentLength to be made reserved
in most of the response pdus e.g. Task Mgt resp etc..

Thanks,
Ashok

---

From: Parthi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:31:14 +0530

> in most of the response pdus e.g. Task Mgt resp etc..

Ashok,

    TotalAHSLength must be 0 "reserved" for PDUs that don't have AHS.
AHS is only used to encapsulate an extended CDB. This scenario
TotalAHSLength would be 0.

--
Parthiban M,
iSCSI Driver Team,
HCL Technologies Ltd.,          Tel : (+91)-44-3741939 to 42, Extn. 2332
http://san.hcltech.com