Subject: RE: FCIP: Comment 120

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:47:01 -0400

> In the statement below can you tell me how someone would know which port 
> to use for the initial contact.
> 
> >...the specification should not prohibit use of a different
> > port for initial contact.

That's a configuration matter.  For example, the FCIP template
for SLP allows a TCP port number to be conveyed as part of the
URL - see draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-02.txt.  This could also be
configured manually.

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------