Subject: RE: iSCSI: Negotiation value types and values

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:06:15 -0600

Julian,
 
We have gone to the trouble of defining value types in 4.1 but then in 11
when we define some of the keys we don't say what value type each key takes.
 
We define boolean-value in 4.1 but keys that take a boolean-value say
"key=<Yes|No>" in 11. I think they should say boolean-value.
 
We define numerical-value, large-numerical-value and regular-numerical-value
but keys in 11 take <unsigned integer-from-x-to-y>. (MaxConnections has a
typo - "unsigned" is repeated.) They should take regular-numerical-value or
numerical-value depending on size.
 
portal-group-tag: 11.8 sends one to Annex D for information about
portal-group-tag yet Annex D defines it fairly loosely as numeric, decimal.
Target portal group tag (no hyphens) is defined in 11.9 as a 16 bit unsigned
integer. Is the portal-group-tag sent as part of TargetAddress required to
be in decimal notation or is it any regular-numerical-value or is it really
a 16-bit binary string? Does it take the same formats as
TargetPortalGroupTag?
 
Which format applies to port?
 
Pat

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 07:05:34 +0300

will fix them.  Julo

[email-masked]
05/29/2002 01:06 AM
Please respond to pat_thaler

        To:     "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        RE: iSCSI: Negotiation value types and values

Julian,
 
We have gone to the trouble of defining value types in 4.1 but then in 11 
when we define some of the keys we don't say what value type each key 
takes.

We define numerical-value, large-numerical-value and 
regular-numerical-value but keys in 11 take <unsigned 
integer-from-x-to-y>. (MaxConnections has a typo - "unsigned" is 
repeated.) They should take regular-numerical-value or numerical-value 
depending on size.
 
portal-group-tag: 11.8 sends one to Annex D for information about 
portal-group-tag yet Annex D defines it fairly loosely as numeric, 
decimal. Target portal group tag (no hyphens) is defined in 11.9 as a 16 
bit unsigned integer. Is the portal-group-tag sent as part of 
TargetAddress required to be in decimal notation or is it any 
regular-numerical-value or is it really a 16-bit binary string? Does it 
take the same formats as TargetPortalGroupTag?

Pat