Subject: IPS: Number of Authors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:40:54 -0400

Everyone,

The Internet-Draft with guidance on this issue has just appeared;
the announcement is forwarded below.  The IPS WG co-chairs
will implement these guidelines as follows:

WG Last Call will not be started for drafts that do not meet
the guidelines.  What this means is that:
- Drafts with 5 or less authors will enter WG Last Call without
	 a hitch.
- Drafts with more than 5 authors will be delayed and the
	draft authors should expect instructions to reduce author
	count to result.

For the current drafts in or approaching WG Last Call:
- FC Encapsulation.  This has completed WG Last Call.  It was
	the product of a 6 person design team, and the WG chairs
	will consult with the ADs about listing all 6 members of
	that team as authors.
- iFCP needs to reduce its author count.
- FCIP has already reduced its author count.
- iSCSI needs to reduce its author count.
Authors of all other drafts should consider themselves warned.

If a draft's author count cannot be reduced in an expeditious
fashion the WG Chairs may have to resort to instructing that
the draft list only the primary editor at the top of the first
page.

Thanks,
David Black and Elizabeth Rodriguez, IPS WG co-chairs

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 7:35 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: RFC Editor Guidelines on Author Lists
	Author(s)	: J. Reynolds, B. Braden
	Filename	: draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 09-May-02
	
This memo presents a new set of guidelines to govern lists of
authors on RFC documents.  It is intended to counteract a recent
tendency towards author list inflation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:40:58 -0400