Subject: iSCSI: Nop StatSN clarification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 16:53:47 -0600

Julian,

Can we make a minor adjustment to the format of the text in 9.19.1 which
says:

"Whenever the NOP-In is sent as a "ping" to an initiator (not as a response
to a NOP-Out), the StatSN field will contain the next StatSN. However,
StatSN for this connection is not advanced."

Since this affects the processing of the statSN, can Make a section for
statSN and list it there. 

I feel that it is easily lost by listing it under the target transfer tag. I
know that my first read was... look for the statsn, found nothing and
assumed that it always incremented.

Thanks,

Kevin Lemay

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 04:08:03 +0300

I'll try - Julo

[email-masked]
Sent by: [email-masked]
05/10/2002 01:53 AM
Please respond to kevin_lemay

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: Nop StatSN clarification

Julian,

"Whenever the NOP-In is sent as a "ping" to an initiator (not as a 
response
to a NOP-Out), the StatSN field will contain the next StatSN. However,
StatSN for this connection is not advanced."

I feel that it is easily lost by listing it under the target transfer tag. 
I
know that my first read was... look for the statsn, found nothing and
assumed that it always incremented.

Thanks,

Kevin Lemay