Subject: iSCSI: Numeric Ranges

From: Mike Donohoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:57:19 -0700

I am unclear on how to select a value when given a Numeric Range.

O-> MaxConnections=2~5

As the Responder I want 3.  The "selection rule" for MaxConnections says
"the lower of the 2 values".  So one value is 2~5 the other is 3.  Thus the
min of those is 2....?.?

If this is the case, I'm not seeing the necessity or added value of "numeric
ranges".  The initiator could just send the min value in the possible range
(when the key's selection rule is min()).

Thanks.

Mike Donohoe

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:19:23 -0600

Ranges are only allowed on the marker intervals (see A.3.2, page 214, v12). Ranges are not allowed unless specifically stated by the spec.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Donohoe [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 2:57 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: iSCSI: Numeric Ranges

O-> MaxConnections=2~5

Thanks.

Mike Donohoe

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 06:28:22 +0300

Mike,

The example is unfortunate. MaxConnection has o use a numeric-value and 
not a numeric-range.
Numeric ranges are used in Appendix A for marker intervals as an example - 
in which case the originator indicates a range it can support and the 
responder selects a value.

Julo

Mike Donohoe <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
05/30/2002 12:57 AM
Please respond to Mike Donohoe

        To:     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: Numeric Ranges

O-> MaxConnections=2~5

As the Responder I want 3.  The "selection rule" for MaxConnections says
"the lower of the 2 values".  So one value is 2~5 the other is 3.  Thus 
the
min of those is 2....?.?

If this is the case, I'm not seeing the necessity or added value of 
"numeric
ranges".  The initiator could just send the min value in the possible 
range
(when the key's selection rule is min()).

Thanks.

Mike Donohoe