Subject: iSCSI: AsyncEvent Table

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 00:17:33 -0700

Julian,
in version 9 we had the following words for AsyncEvent code 1:

'Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection"
to cleanly shutdown the connection. The initiator MAY also issue a Logout
with the reason code of "Close the session", to completely close the
session, but ONLY if it does not support or use multiple connections in the
specific session.'

In version 10 we had the following words for AsyncEvent code 1:

'Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection"
(if not the only connection) OR "Close the session" (if using multiple
connections) '

In version 12 it is changed to the following:

 'Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection"
(if not the only connection) OR "Close the session" to close all the
connections (if using multiple connections). '

Which is where things are today.  So the big change occurred between 9 &
10.  But that change was not in the Change Log, so I am wondering if it was
changed in error, or what?

The question, is if this wordage is correct, please note we went from "....
Close the session... Only if it does not support multiple connections ...."
. to  " ...Close the session.... (if using multiple connections)"

And now there is no statements as to what to do if you have a single
connection session.

What should be done in that case?

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd
Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
Internet address: [email-masked]

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:02:18 +0300

John,

It was all wording and it was meant to show that an initiator may choose 
the "big hammer" and close the session.
We may want to reduce it to:

Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection" 
(if not the only connection) OR "Close the session" to close all the 
connections.

Regards,
Julo

John Hufferd@IBMUS
05/22/2002 10:17 AM

        To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@IBMDE
        cc:     [email-masked]
        From:   John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
        Subject:        iSCSI: AsyncEvent Table

Julian,

'Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection" 
to cleanly shutdown the connection. The initiator MAY also issue a Logout 
with the reason code of "Close the session", to completely close the 
session, but ONLY if it does not support or use multiple connections in 
the specific session.'

 'Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the 
connection" (if not the only connection) OR "Close the session" to close 
all the connections (if using multiple connections). '

Which is where things are today.  So the big change occurred between 9 & 
10.  But that change was not in the Change Log, so I am wondering if it 
was changed in error, or what?

The question, is if this wordage is correct, please note we went from 
".... Close the session... Only if it does not support multiple 
connections ...." . to  " ...Close the session.... (if using multiple 
connections)"

.
.
.
John L. Hufferd