Subject: Security-12 draft

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:31:17 -0700

An early version of the security-12 draft is available for inspection at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/IPS/draft-ietf-ips-security-12.txt

Send your comments to the list and to the authors at
[email-masked].

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

---

From: "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:23:29 -0400

Section 1. Introduction states that this document describes use of IPSec
with IP storage protocols.

Section 2.3 is titled Security protocol
Then section 2.3.4 talks about iSCSI authentication

Then section 2.4 is SLPv2 Security

Clearly, the statement in the introduction is no longer correct, since iSCSI
authentication and SLPv2 are not part of IPSec.  This document appears to
have broader ambitions than just IPSec <-> IP storage protocols.  But I'm
still unclear as to what the extent of those ambitions are.  It would help
if the introduction described the scope of information this document seems
to want to cover, seems like" Security requirements of the IPS protocols,
and the ways existing IP protocols will be used to satisfy these
requirements" (and what else? key distribution?).

Thanks

Marjorie Krueger
Networked Storage Solutions
Hewlett-Packard

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bernard Aboba [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 3:31 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Security-12 draft
> 
>