Subject: RE: iSCSI:Can each do there own thing?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:45:18 -0600

Bill Studemund wrote:
The one thing new I mentioned is the fact you can't claim negotiation
error when not all the keys you offered were returned *if* eithe you or
the other side sent a split PDU. i.e. if one or both sides are still
talking, you can't tell yet.

Bill, 

I don't think you can currently call it a negotiation error if the other
side doesn't respond in the next PDU to a key you offered regardless of
whether the key is split, the PDU is full or anything else. Our protocol 
does not require that an implementation to respond immediately to offers
and this is not listed as an error in the negotiation failures section.

It would be an error if the Target set the T bit when it still hadn't 
responded to offers though I don't think this is explicitly called 
out as a negotiation failure. The same probably applies to the Target
setting the T bit when it has made offers that haven't been responded
to yet. Other than that, I think there is no requirement on where in 
a negotiation the response to a particular offer is placed.

Regards,
Pat

---

From: Bill Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

> a negotiation the response to a particular offer is placed.

Oh, Ok. Then consider my suggestion withdrawn. :-)

Take care,

Bill