Subject: FCIP does not reference draft-ietf-ips-security-??.txt

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:30:24 -0500

It has come to my attention that FCIP does not reference
draft-ietf-ips-security-??.txt as was agreed in Huntington
Beach.

As part of the WG Last Call resolution for FCIP, the
following actions are proposed to remedy this oversight.

1) Add a normative reference to draft-ietf-ips-security-??.txt

2) Give the normative reference some wording in the body text
   by adding a new paragraph near the beginning of Section 10
   (the Security section in FCIP). The proposed wording for
   the new paragraph is as follows:

   "The ips Security document [xx] contains an expanded
   discussion and additional rational for the security require-
   ments in this section. The ips Security document also may
   contain requirements beyond those present in this document.
   However, in the event that requirements in the ips Security
   document conflict with requirements stated in this document,
   the requirements in this document SHALL prevail."

Comments on these changes are welcomed within the context of the
FCIP WG Last Call process (i.e., when the WG Last Call closes
the FCIP draft will be revised based on the results of the
discussion initiated here).

Thanks.

.Ralph