Subject: release projection

From: Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:21:21 -0400

What's the new target date for the completion of the iSCSI standard?

mailto: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
 <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:32:53 -0400

> What's the new target date for the completion of the iSCSI standard?

It depends on what is meant by completion or release.  The first attempt
at WG Last Call for iSCSI will begin in the next few days, once the -13
draft is on the Internet-Draft servers. iSCSI is unlikely to make it
through WG Last Call on the first attempt, requiring a draft revision
and another WG Last Call.  While it could happen sooner, August is
a reasonable guess for completion of iSCSI's successful WG Last Call.
At that point the ips WG will be saying that we believe the draft to be
complete from a technical standpoint - the draft then goes to the ADs
and the IESG for further review and IETF Last Call.  Technical changes
are possible if problems/issues are uncovered as part of this, but the
completion of WG Last Call is probably the "target date" Eddy was looking
for.

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
[email-masked]         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------