Subject: Nishan IPR Notice

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:43:19 -0700

On behalf of Nishan Systems, the following notice is submitted 

====================================================
Periodically Nishan Systems Inc.'s employees are involved in various IPS
working groups and will submit technical information that is adopted as a
standard by the IETF.  Nishan Systems' submissions will conform to RFC 2026.
   
This is to advise the IETF that Nishan Systems, Inc. has U.S. Patent Number
6,400,730, with the issue date of June 4, 2002, that may relate to the FCIP
and iFCP protocols being discussed as a part of the IETF standards process.
If such protocols become IETF standards) ("the IETF standard(s)"), and to
the extent the above referenced patent is necessary for implementation of
the IETF standard(s), Nishan Systems will provide, to implementers of the
IETF standard(s), a non-exclusive license on  reasonable and
non-discriminatory terms, provided a similarly situated reciprocal license
is granted to Nishan Systems and other parties by the licensed party for any
protocol technologies necessary for the implementation of the IETF
standard(s). 

Any questions or issues regarding this communication should be directed to: 

Office of General Counsel
Nishan Systems, Inc.
3850 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95134
========================================================

Charles Monia
Senior Technology Consultant
Nishan Systems
email: [email-masked]
voice: (408) 519-3986
fax:   (408) 435-8385