Subject: iFCP: Last call issues received at the bell

From: Charles Monia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:01:49 -0700

A last minute scan of the text by the editor and co-authors surfaced the
following issues.  The existing and revised text are included. With the
exception of the IPR notice to be included, all are technical.

Section 2.1, Glossary

Comment:

The glossary definition of an iFCP session should be modified to account for
sessions not created as the result of a PLOGI.

Revision 11 text:

iFCP Session -- An association created when an N_PORT sends a PLOGI request
to a remotely attached N_PORT. It is comprised of the N_PORTs and TCP
connection that carries traffic between them.

Proposed revision:

iFCP Session -- An association comprised of a pair of N_PORTs and a TCP
connection that carries traffic between them.  An iFCP session may be
created as the result of a PLOGI fibre channel login operation.

Section 4.1, item (b)

Comment 

The resolution of review comment 26 for revision 10 states that the iFCP
protocol layer provides transport services only and is not responsible for
the execution of the fibre channel fabric-supplied functions defined in the
FC standards.  Therefore the following item in the enumeration of functions
performed by the iFCP layer should be deleted:

Text to be deleted:

b) Execution of fabric-supplied link services addressed to one of the
well-known fibre channel N_PORT addresses.

Section 5.3.4, page 45, para 4:

Add upper case "SHALL.  Delete erroneous reference to address translation
mode, which is properly described in the subsequent enumeration. 

Revision 11 text:

The gateway shall then de-encapsulate the frame.  If operating in address
translation mode, the gateway SHALL:

Proposed revision:

The gateway SHALL then de-encapsulate the frame as follows:

Section 10.3.1, page 89, last paragraph

Comment:

The following text is modified so that the required iSNS query is not
performed by the IKE layer. 

Revision 11 text:

An IKE responder must verify the IKE initiator's IP address and port number
(IDcr) using the IP address and port number that result from a successful
query to an iSNS server.

Proposed text:

The gateway creating the iFCP session must query the iSNS server as
described in section 5.2.2 to determine the appropriate port on which to
initiate the associated TCP connection.  Upon a successful IKE Phase 2
exchange, the IKE
responder enforces the negotiated selectors on the IPsec SAs. Any subsequent
iFCP session creation requires the iFCP peer to query its iSNS server for
access control (in accordance with the session creation requirements
specified in section 5.2.2.1)

Page 103, Notice of Intellectual Property Rights

Comment:

In view of Nishan's IPR disclosure,  the following IETF boilerplate from RFC
2026 should be added after the copyright notice:

Notice of Intellectual Property Rights

The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in regard
to some or all of the specification contained in this document.  For more
information consult the online list of claimed rights.

Charles