Subject: IPS-ALL: PDF versions of the drafts

From: "Elizabeth G. Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:46:39 -0600

All,

For a number of our drafts, the editor publishes both text and PDF
versions.

It is often difficult to find the PDF version on the IETF web site
though.

The best place to reference for the PDF version of our drafts is
http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/ips.html.

At the end of the description, it will indicate if a PDF version is also
available.

This said, I must caution everyone - the TXT version of the draft is the
official version of the draft.

So, it is recommend that when reviewing the draft for last call, the TXT
version be used.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

---

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:58:05 -0500

Elizabeth,

The TXT and PDF versions of the FC Encapsulation and FCIP drafts are
prepared from a common source using automation that should make the
two identical in terms of content.

I cannot speak for the other drafts editors, but I believe they are
using similar processes.

The only difference between the TXT and the PDF for the FC Encapsulation
and FCIP drafts is that the PDF contains change bars.

If you have reviewed the FCIP draft before and want to review only
the changes resulting from the 1st Last Call, start with the PDF.
If you find problems, you should be able to go to the same page
in TXT file and prepare your comment.

As the above paragraph suggests, I second Elizabeth's reminder that
the TXT file is the official file. The PDF file is there only to 
make some tasks (like find changes from the last revision) easier.

All the best.

.Ralph

"Elizabeth G. Rodriguez" wrote:

> All,
>
> For a number of our drafts, the editor publishes both text and PDF versions.
>
> It is often difficult to find the PDF version on the IETF web site though.
>
> This said, I must caution everyone – the TXT version of the draft is the