Subject: iSCSI: connection definition

From: Jeff Fellin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:07:45 -0400 (EDT)

Julian,
I am confused by the definition of Connection in section 1.1. 
The definition states a Connection is the communication between
the initiator and target occuring over one or more TCP connections.
However by the definition of the CID (Connection ID): Connections
within a session are identified by a connection ID, which is unique
ID within the session. In Section 5.1.3, state S2 for the initiator
is waiting for a response to its transport connection establishment
request. In section 5.1.4, state S2 changes to state S4, when the
transport connection is established. The description for the Login
PDU in section 9.12 states the Login is on every TCP connection.

Since each Login Request PDU must contain a unique CID cause logout
of the existing non-zero TSIH (assuming to be part of the same session)
causes a logout of the connection as described in Section 4.3.

So is the definition of Connection in Section 1.1 incorrect in stating
a connection is possibly multiple TCP connections or is there some
other method of having multiple TCP connections between an initiator
and target with the same CID and non-zero TSIH?

Thank you for your clarification.

Jeff Fellin
Bell Labs