Subject: iSCSI: A bit and followed by separate Status PDU

From: Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:47:25 -0400

9.7.2 says:

On receiving a Data-In PDU with the A bit set to 1, if there are no
holes in the read data until that Data-In PDU, the initiator MUST
issue a SNACK of type DataACK except when it is able to acknowledge
the status for the task immediately via ExpStatSN on other outbound
PDUs if the status for the task is also received; in this latter case
(acknowledgement through ExpStatSN) sending a SNACK of type DataACK
in response to the A bit is not mandatory but if it is done it must
not be sent after the status acknowledgement through ExpStatSN.

Regarding the "if the status for the task is also received" ... is that
referring to the S bit and A bit within the same PDU or is there some other
case I'm missing? 

Eddy
 <mailto:[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:24:28 +0300

It refers to both the S bit or a separate response. If the initiator 
processes a Response before it issues the SNACK it can act the same way as 
when status is embedded. Target frees resources if ExpStatSN passes over 
the status - Julo

Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/14/2002 04:47 PM
Please respond to Eddy Quicksall

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        iSCSI: A bit and followed by separate Status PDU

9.7.2 says:

Regarding the "if the status for the task is also received" ... is that
referring to the S bit and A bit within the same PDU or is there some 
other
case I'm missing? 

Eddy