Subject: RE: iSCSI: DLB's [T.6] 2.3 iSCSI Session Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:01:10 -0400

Julian

> I can agree with MUST but I will resist adding any notification.
> 
> It is just the wrong thing to do.

I don't care - getting to a MUST with a list of allowed PDUs that
forbids all others from the current MAY that allows everything is
what matters to me.

At the moment, I've only seen Ayman ask for Async Message to be
allowed on discovery sessions - does anyone else want to see that
PDU allowed on discovery sessions?

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:21:57 -0500

Actually, we want to be able to send Async Message and Noop In
from the target, and allow the initiator to send Noop Out, since
these are more in the iSCSI session maintenance category of
messages.

There's definitely no reason to allow Scsi Command / Response,
Task Management Command / Response, Data In/Out, Snack, and
R2T on a discovery session.

--
Mark

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054

---

From: Ken Sandars <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:39:04 +0000

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the preferred mechanism is for a target to force an 
initiator to close a discovery session.

In the case ot a normal session, the AM-"target requests logout" pdu is 
allowed (I guess AM types 1-3 apply). So should we follow this model for 
discovery sessions, or just hit 'em with a FIN?

Thanks,
Ken
-- 
Ken Sandars
Eurologic Systems Ltd
[email-masked]