Subject: iSCSI: DLB-T.16 (resource requirement for connection reinstatement)

From: "Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:52:13 -0700

> [T.16] 4.3.4  Connection reinstatement
> 
>    Targets should support opening a second connection even 
>    when they do not support multiple connections in Full Feature Phase. 
> 
> Looks like that ought to be an upper case "SHOULD".  I think this needs
> further discussion.  Section 5.2 appears to use a lower case "must"
> for this:

Let's be careful here - section 5.2 discusses the generic case of "connection 
cleanup" - that includes both implicit and explicit logouts - whereas "connection 
reinstatement" is just implicit logout.

While "connection cleanup" does not require additional connection resources
in the general case, a target wanting to support connection reinstatement SHOULD
support *opening* a second connection (though it may reject the Login if it's
for a different CID).

I believe that connection reinstatement is a useful functionality that the targets 
SHOULD support, so I agree that the change suggested by David is a reasonable 
one to make in 4.3.4 which only discusses connection reinstatement.

Mallikarjun