Subject: Re: iSCSI: INQUIRY, version descriptor

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:55:42 +0300

Luben,

We can't keep repeating SPC text in iSCSI only because it is convenient -
we will get to copy it all!
An iSCSI implementor should have at least SAM, SPC and iSCSI on his desk.

Julo

                      Luben Tuikov                                                                                                          
                      <[email-masked]        To:       iSCSI <[email-masked]>                                                            
                      om>                      cc:                                                                                          
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  iSCSI: INQUIRY, version descriptor                                                 
                      [email-masked]                                                                                                     
                      .edu                                                                                                                  

                      07/26/2002 03:43                                                                                                      
                      AM                                                                                                                    

Shouldn't we mention in the draft that Targets should
set the next available (eq. 0x0000) version descriptor
to 0x0960 in the INQUIRY data if additional length spans
it?

It is mentioned in SPC-3 (and SPC-2) and it would be more
convenient for implementors to see it in the iSCSI
document as well.

--
Luben