Subject: clarification on TargetAddress and TargetName usage

From: "Dean Scoville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:47:49 -0700

Julian,
I would like clarification on when the "TargetAddress" and  
"TargetName" keys can be sent by the target:

Section 10 of the spec lists the keys that can be sent during 
SecurityNegotiation stage, and states that all other keys 
MUST NOT be used... "TargetAddress"  does not appear in 
the list, but section 11.8 shows "TargetAddress" usage as
"Any-Stage". If I understand correctly, the target must send its
address when returning a redirect status, and this can occur during 
SecurityNegotiation stage. If this is true, could you please
add "TargetAddress" to the list of acceptable keys in section 10.

Section 11.4 states "The TargetName key may also be returned 
by the 'SendTargets' text request (which is the only use when
issued by a target)." If I interpret this correctly, it means that the
target can only send the "TargetName" key in response to a
SendTargets request-- which only occurs during full feature phase.
But section 11.4 also states the key's usage as "ALL by target". 
Should the usage be changed to "FFPO by target", or are there
other cases besides a 'SendTargets' response when the target 
is allowed to send this key?
regards,

Dean Scoville
[email-masked]