Subject: Regarding CSG and NSG

From: "Rao, Sajjan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:53:08 -0700

Hi,
    I have a couple of questions.
1) Suppose the initiator sets CSG = 0 and NSG = 1 in login request, and says
requires no authentication.
2) Can the target set the CSG = 1 and NSG = full feature phase, in its login
response?
 
Sajjan

---

From: "Nandakumar Ramamurthy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:07:28 +0530

Hi,

The following statement specifies the target's action.

Section 4.3 of draft-14 says :

   "If the initiator is willing to negotiate security, but is unwilling 
   to make the initial parameter offer and may accept a connection with-
   out security, it issues the Login with the T bit set to 1, the CSG 
   set to SecurityNegotiation, and NSG set to LoginOperationalNegotia-
   tion. If the target is also ready to forego security, the Login 
   response is empty and has T bit set to 1, the CSG set to SecurityNe-
   gotiation, and NSG set to LoginOperationalNegotiation."

The target will not make the transition to LoginOperationalNegotiation if it
wants to authenticate the initiator.

Thanks,
Nandakumar
Member Technical Staff
HCL Technologies, Chennai, INDIA.
http://san.hcltech.com

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Rao, Sajjan 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 10:23 AM
  Subject: Regarding CSG and NSG

  Hi,

  1) Suppose the initiator sets CSG = 0 and NSG = 1 in login request, and says requires no authentication.

  2) Can the target set the CSG = 1 and NSG = full feature phase, in its login response?

  Sajjan

---

From: Bill Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

>    gotiation, and NSG set to LoginOperationalNegotiation."

I see a potential draft conflict between this text and the text about
TargetPortalGroupFlag in section 4.3.1. The latter says that the
TargetPortalGroupFlag SHOULD be sent in the first Login Response, which
would be the "empty" one above. :-)

What do we want to do?

Take care,

Bill