Subject: iSCSI: Security Phase Question

From: Steve Senum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:56:10 -0500

Hi Julian,

I have a question on Security Phase negotiation.  From section 4.3.1:
 
  If the initiator is willing to negotiate iSCSI security, but is 
  unwilling to make the initial parameter proposal and may accept a 
  connection without iSCSI security, it issues the Login with the T bit 
  set to 1, the CSG set to SecurityNegotiation, and NSG set to LoginOp-
  erationalNegotiation. If the target is also ready to skip security, 
  the login response contains only the TargetPortalGroupTag key (see 
  Section 11.9 TargetPortalGroupTag), the T bit set to 1, the CSG set 
  to SecurityNegotiation, and NSG set to LoginOperationalNegotiation.

My question is, what should the Target do if the Initiator issues
the Login with the T bit set to 0 and the Target does want to
negotiate iSCSI security (AuthMethod).

1. Keep replying with an empty login with T=0 until the
   Initiator sends T=1.
2. Reply immediately with T=0 and AuthMethod.
3. Decide this is a protocol error and close the connection.
4. Do something else?

Regards,
Steve Senum

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:21:34 +0300

the lucky number is 2 - julo

Steve Senum <[email-masked]>
08/22/2002 11:56 PM

        To:     ietf-ips <[email-masked]>
        cc:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
        Subject:        iSCSI: Security Phase Question

Hi Julian,

Regards,
Steve Senum