Subject: Security++ Changes Requested in FCIP (resend)

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:20:01 -0500

Let's try this one again.

I have received requests for two changes in FCIP that are not strictly 
part of the synchronization with the latest security draft.

The changes are:

1 -----  In Appendix D (Example of synchronization recovery algorithm):

Change from:

  If the retry counter exceeds 3 retries, resynchronization has failed and 
  the TCP Connection is closed.

to:

  If the retry counter exceeds 3 retries, resynchronization has failed and 
  the TCP Connection is closed and the FC entity is notified with the reason 
  for the closure.

2 ----- In 10.4.1 (FCIP Link Initialization Steps)

Change from:

   If IKE Phase 1 fails, the FCIP Link initialization terminates.

to:

   If IKE Phase 1 fails, the FCIP Link initialization terminates 
   and the FC Entity is notified with the reason for the termination.

The first change is standalone. Making the second change requires
adding a row to the table in Appendix H because it adds an interaction
between the FCIP Entity and the FC Entity.

If these changes meet no objections or can be modified to be agreeable
during then next week, they will be included in FCIP rev 12 along
with the other changes needed to bring FCIP in to sync with the
latest IPS security draft.

Thanks.

.Ralph