Subject: WG Last Call status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:11:09 -0400

The IPS WG has a number of drafts that have recently undergone
ips WG Last Call.  Here's a summary of their current state -
for some of these drafts, this is the announcement that they
have completed WG Last Call.

FC Encapsulation, iFCP, FCIP - At the IESG in the queue
	for evaluation by our Area Directors.
	See http://www.ietf.org/IESG/status.html

iSCSI, IPS Security - Completed WG Last Call a while ago.
	What should be the last edits have been made resulting
	in iSCSI -17 (on the I-D servers) and IPS Security
	-16 (to be submitted shortly).  Both will go to
	the ADs/IESG shortly.  The change in the security
	draft from -15 to -16 was to add key values and IANA
	Considerations text for the SRP groups.

Finding FCIP Entities using SLP - Successfully completed
	WG Last call with editorial comments only.  An
	edited version incorporating those comments is expected
	in the near future and will be submitted to the ADs/IESG.

Fibre Channel Management MIB - Completed WG Last Call with
	one open technical issue involving the possible functions
	of entities that support this MIB (FcUnitFunctions).  This
	issue is believed to be resolved including coordination with
	the appropriate T11 document.  The resolution will need
	to be posted to the list by the folks who came up with it,
	and then the next version of this MIB with this change
	and the changes from WG Last Call can be submitted to
	the ADs/IESG.

iSCSI Naming and Discovery - Has completed WG Last Call.  The one
	technical issue whose resolution was not reported to the
	list was the meaning of "optional" for the ":" in an iSCSI
	iqn-format name.  The resolution is that the ":" must be
	present if anything follows the reversed domain name of
	the naming authority as specified in Section 2.2.6.3.1 of
	the iSCSI draft.  A new version of the N&D draft incorporating
	this change and the rest of the Last Call changes is in
	preparation and will be submitted to the ADs/IESG when it's
	ready.

iSCSI Boot - Has completed WG Last Call, but with two open issues
	- whether to allow a 16 bit LUN format and whether to make
	the draft standards track.  These are both open for discussion
	on the list.  Unless the resulting changes are extensive, a
	second WG Last Call will not be necessary.

iFCP MIB - Currently in WG Last Call, which will end next Monday,
	September 23rd.

By the way, the Sheinwald CRC draft (draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-02.txt)
is in the RFC Editor's Queue for publication as an Informational RFC,
and the iSCSI Requirements draft did eventually emerge as RFC 3347.
More WG Last Calls will be coming soon - your WG co-chairs hope to
move most of our drafts through WG Last Call and on to the ADs before
the Atlanta meeting.

Thanks,
--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

> ...
 
The resolution is to insert 'storageDevice' as an additional enumeration
of FcUnitFunctions.  An updated MIB is at

  ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/kzm/pub/draft-ietf-ips-fcmgmt-mib-03.txt

If I don't hear any objections, I will submit this as an I-D.

Keith.