Subject: RE: iSCSI: aborting an immediate command with ABORT TASK

From: Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:44:00 -0400

The two last EMAIL's you sent regarding this work for me.

Eddy

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Satran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: iSCSI: aborting an immediate command with ABORT TASK

In addition in order to eliminate the "corner case" I mentioned earlier
(and that is the only ambiguity we know about) - that a TASK ABORT may
abort
both an immediate and a non-immediate that have the same number and are
both lost even though only the immediate was intended I added the following
text to 9

       If an ABORT TASK is issued for a task created by an immediate
       command then RefCmdSN MUST be that of the Task Management request
       itself (i.e. CmdSN and RefCmdSN are equal; otherwise RefCmdSN MUST
       be set to the CmdSN of the task to be aborted (lower than CmdSN).

 and made 9.5.5 to raed:

   RefCmdSN

       If an ABORT TASK is issued for a task created by an immediate
       command then RefCmdSN MUST be that of the Task Management request
       itself (i.e. CmdSN and RefCmdSN are equal).

       For an ABORT TASK of a task created by non-immediate command
       RefCmdSN MUST be set to the CmdSN of the task identified by the
       Referenced Task Tag field. Targets must use this field as described
       in section 9.6.1 when the task identified by the Referenced Task Tag
       field is not with the target.

       Otherwise, this field is reserved.

    Regards,
    Julo

----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 05/09/02 21:56 -----

                      Julian Satran

                                               To:       [email-masked]

                      05/09/02 19:26           cc:

                                               From:     Julian
Satran/Haifa/IBM@Haifa/IBM@IBMIL

                                               Subject:  RE: iSCSI: aborting
an immediate command with ABORT TASK                               

Forget the previous text - we wont the clarification to be added for the
"plugging side" (the target) and the we suggest changing the last bullet b
in 9.6.1
to:

          If the Referenced Task Tag does not identify an existing task,
          but if the CmdSN indicated by the RefCmdSN field in the Task
          Management function request is within the valid CmdSN window and
          less than the CmdSN of the Task Management function request
          itself, then targets must consider the CmdSN received and return
          the "Function complete" response.

 We thought this was obvious from the overview text but it apparently is
 not.

 Julo

The current wording IS CORRECT!

---

From: "Tony Battersby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:15:13 -0400

I agree.  This sounds like a good solution to me.

Thanks for listening!

Tony

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Eddy Quicksall
> Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:44 PM
> To: 'Julian Satran'; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
>                                                To:       
> [email-masked]