Subject: IPS-ALL: Draft status and Atlanta

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:10:09 -0400

For those who may not have been following everything,
a list of the current status of the WG's drafts follows.
 Please let me know if there are any errors/omissions/
oversights on this list.  The WG co-chairs expect/hope
to have essentially all of our drafts in or through WG
Last Call by the time of the Atlanta meeting. 

So, there may not be much to discuss in Atlanta - if anyone
has something that they would like to see on the IPS Atlanta
agenda, please get a draft written and submitted (e.g., the
igate draft authors need to get their draft in).  We've currently
reserved a 2 hour meeting slot for IPS in Atlanta, but this
may get adjusted downward if there isn't enough material
to make good use of it.

Thanks, --David

IETF IP Storage (ips) Working Group
WG Internet-Draft Status: September 2002
------------------------------------

Summary: 23 documents total:
	- 1 has been published as an RFC
	- 1 is in the RFC Editor queue
	- 4 have been forwarded to ADs/IESG after completing WG Last Call
	- 6 have completed WG Last Call with all issues resolved.
		Next versions with editorial updates will be forwarded to
		ADs/IESG.
	- 2 are in WG Last Call
	- 3 will not be published as RFCs (WG Last Call comment resolution)
That leaves 6 drafts still to go through WG Last Call.  At least 4 of
these should go through WG Last Call by the end of October.

NOTE: PDF versions for some drafts are for ease of review only.  The
	definitive format for RFCs is text, and it is the text versions
	that will be forwarded to the IESG for publication as RFCs.

-- Security for all IPS protocols

draft-ietf-ips-security-16.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and been
	submitted to the ADs/IESG.

-- iSCSI

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-17.txt
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-17.pdf
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and
	-17 version reflects the resulting changes.  A minor problem has
been
	discovered with one of the changes.  This will be fixed in the -18
	version, which will be submitted to the ADs/IESG when it appears.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-07.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  WG Last Call resulted in a
	few issues, which have been resolved on the list.  The resulting
	-07 version of the draft will be forwarded to the ADs/IESG
	shortly.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-reqmts-06.txt
	Has been published as RFC 3347.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-07.txt
	To become an informational RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call - all
	technical issues raised in WG Last Call have been resolved.  The
	-07 version contains the resulting changes, but a -08 version is
	needed to correct an oversight in the boilerplate text.  That
	version will be forwarded to the ADs/IESG when it appears.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-03.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.
	WG Last Call expected in the next month, probably on a -04 version.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-string-prep-02.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Currently in WG Last Call, which
	will conclude on October 13.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-05.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  WG Last Call expected shortly on
	the forthcoming -06 version.  Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/iscsi-mib/Visio-ietf-iscsi-uml-model-05.pd
f

draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-01.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC. User identity information MIB split
out
	from basic iSCSI MIB for more general use, but currently only being
	used for iSCSI.  Forthcoming -02 version will go to WG Last Call
with
	the iSCSI MIB shortly.  Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/Visio-ietf-ips-auth-mib-01.pdf

draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-01.txt
	The IESG has approved publication as an informational RFC; this
draft
	is currently in the RFC Editor Queue.

-- FC Common Encapsulation

draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-08.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-08.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been forwarded to ADs/IESG.

-- FCIP

draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been forwarded to ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-03.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, next
	(-04) version incorporating last call comments will be forwarded to
	ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-01.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has been restructured to align with
	new structure of FC Management MIB and been reviewed by the WG's
	MIB Technical Expert.  Next revision should be ready for WG Last
Call.

-- iFCP

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-13.txt
draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-13.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been forwarded to ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call.  Next
	version with editorial updates will be forwarded to ADs/IESG.
	
-- iSNS

draft-ietf-ips-isns-13.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Currently in WG Last Call, which
will
	conclude on October 13.  Formatting problems in the -13 draft may
	result in a -14 with no change to content.
		The related draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-03.txt requests
allocation
		of a DHC option code for iSNS, and is being handled in the
DHC WG.

draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  WG Last Call should be within
	next month.
	
-- SCSI MIB

draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-03.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  -03 version is close to done.
		Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-uml-model-01.pdf
		Diagram showing relationships among SCSI family of MIBS
available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-mib-family-01.pdf

-- Fibre Channel Management MIB

draft-ietf-ips-fcmgmt-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  This work has been transferred
	to the IPS WG from the IPFC WG, and the scope has been expanded
	to include replacement of the FC Fabric Element MIB (RFC 2837).
	Has completed WG Last Call.  -03 version with minor changes
resulting
	from WG Last Call will be forwarded to ADs/IESG.

-- Last Call Drafts

draft-ietf-ips-fcencap-wglc-01.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcip-wglc-02.txt
draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-wglcc-00.txt
	These drafts will not be published as RFCs.  They exist solely to
record
	the resolution of WG Last Call comments on the FC Encapsulation,
	FCIP and iFCP drafts.

----- Document Completion Guesstimates ------

A rough guess is 2 remaining waves of documents:

(1) WG Last Call by end of October for:
		- iSNS (in WG Last Call now)
		- iSNS MIB
		- iSCSI stringprep (in WG Last Call now)
		- iSCSI SLP
		- iSCSI MIB
		- iSCSI Auth MIB
	iSNS MIB WG Last Call will follow iSNS WG Last Call.	

(2) A couple of MIBs still need some work.  The WG co-chairs
	would like to start WG Last Call on these prior to
	Atlanta, but some work is still needed:
		- FCIP MIB
		- SCSI MIB

-- Potential Additional Work

Additional drafts may be forthcoming in the future on:
	- Issues involved in gateways and bridges between iSCSI and other
SCSI
		protocols
	- Additional MIB(s) that extend the FC Management MIB to cover
additional
		aspects of Fibre Channel 

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------