Subject: IPS WG Last Call results

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:46:14 -0400

IPS WG Last Calls on four drafts have recently concluded;
here are the results.

-- iSCSI stringprep (ended Oct 13)

This draft has passed WG Last Call.  The -03 version contains
the editorial changes resulting from WG Last Call and will be
forwarded to the ADs/IESG after it's checked for nits.  After
further analysis, it has been determined that this draft does not
need to be broadened to allow additional use by iSNS.  The reason
is that the additional iSNS item that needs stringprep (Entity
Identifier) has to be capable of storing a FQDN (Fully Qualified
Domain Name), and hence needs to use the IDN WG's nameprep profile
of stringprep (draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-11.txt) rather than the
iSCSI name profile of stringprep.  Mark Bakke gets credit for
helping catch this oops by yours truly in a timely fashion.

-- iSNS (ended Oct 13)

There don't appear to be any outstanding technical issues with
this draft, but enough changes are being made as a result of WG
Last Call, that the WG chairs have decided to put the draft through
a second WG Last Call to check the changes.  If the version of
iSNS with all the changes gets submitted next week, this WG Last
Call will start before Atlanta.

-- iSCSI MIB (ended Oct 23)

The WG co-chairs believe that it is the rough consensus of the
IPS WG that the two changes proposed to this MIB during WG
Last Call (read-only vs. read-write target access controls, and
session type) should not be accepted, and hence this draft
has passed WG Last Call.  It needs a nit check and approval by
the WG's MIB advisor before being forwarded to the ADs/IESG.

- iSCSI Auth MIB (ended Oct 23)

There have been no substantial comments on this MIB during WG
Last Call, hence it has passed WG Last Call.  It also needs a
nit check and approval by the WG's MIB advisor before being
forwarded to the ADs/IESG.

Congratulations to the authors for the results that reflect
their hard work, and thanks to all who contributed.

--David

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953 **NEW**     FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------