Subject: iSCSI: Question on SCSI INQUIRY response

From: Subrahmanya Sastry K V <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:25:09 +0000

Hi All,

Suppose I've sent an INQUIRY CDB as a part of SCSI request PDU
to the target, waiting for the INQUIRY response data. Is it legal to
get the same as part of data segment of SCSI response PDU(with
SCSI status GOOD)?
or should it be got  ONLY as part of data segment of a Data-In PDU
( with S bit set to 1)?

Please clarify !

Sastry

--
Subrahmanya Sastry K V
HCL Tech, Chennai, INDIA
Ph: +91-44-3728366  Xtn-1146
http://san.hcltech.com

---

From: "Julian Satran \(Actcom\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:35:08 +0200

Dear Sastry,
 
You can get a Data-In PDU with the GOOD status in the header.
You can't get a Command response PDU  with data in the Data Segment.
The data-segment of the Command Response may contain sense or
Response-related (when available) data.

Regards,
Julo

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Subrahmanya Sastry K V
Sent: 31 October, 2002 19:25
To: [email-masked]
Subject: iSCSI: Question on SCSI INQUIRY response

Hi All, 

Please clarify ! 

Sastry 

-- 

Subrahmanya Sastry K V

HCL Tech, Chennai, INDIA

http://san.hcltech.com