Subject: IPS: Status of Drafts - November 2002

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:18:31 -0500

This is the (in)famous pre-meeting status of drafts email that
summarizes (what the WG co-chairs believe to be) the current status
of all IPS WG drafts.  Please send corrections if we've missed
anything.

Thanks,  --David

IETF IP Storage (ips) Working Group
WG Internet-Draft Status: November 2002
------------------------------------

Summary: 23 drafts total:
	- 2 have been published as RFCs
	- 4 are in IETF Last Call
	- 4 have been forwarded to ADs/IESG after completing WG Last Call
	- 5 have completed WG Last Call with all technical issues resolved.
		Editorial updates, nit checks, and/or MIB advisor approval
		may be needed prior to forwarding to the ADs/IESG.
	- 1 has completed WG Last Call, and all technical issues are
believed
		to be resolved, but another WG Last Call will be done to
		check the changes made as a result of the first WG Last
Call.
	- 1 is in WG Last Call
	- 3 will not be published as RFCs (WG Last Call comment resolution)
That leaves 3 drafts still to go through WG Last Call.

IESG draft tracker - https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi
	This tracks status of drafts that have been submitted to the
ADs/IESG
	and indicates only the existence of those that have not.  Status
	with respect to WG Last Call is not tracked by this tool.

NOTE: PDF versions for some drafts are for ease of review only.  The
	definitive format for RFCs is text, and it is the text versions
	that will be forwarded to the IESG for publication as RFCs.

-- Security for all IPS protocols

draft-ietf-ips-security-16.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  In IETF Last Call which will
conclude
	on November 7.

-- iSCSI

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-19.txt
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-19.pdf
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been submitted to the ADs/IESG.  -19 version responds to AD
	review comments and nit checking.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-07.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been submitted to the ADs/IESG.  New version coming to correct nits.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-reqmts-06.txt has been published as Informational RFC
3347.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-08.txt
	To become an informational RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call and
	been submitted to the ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-04.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.
	WG Last Call expected soon on the new -04 version.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-string-prep-03.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call.
	Needs to be nit-checked before being forwarded to ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-07.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, -07
version
	contains resulting changes.  Needs nit check and MIB advisor
approval
	before forwarding to ADs/IESG.  Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/iscsi-mib/Visio-ietf-iscsi-uml-model-05.pd
f

draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC. User identity information MIB split
out
	from basic iSCSI MIB for more general use, but currently only being
	used for iSCSI.  Has completed WG Last Call, needs nit
	check and MIB advisor approval before forwarding to ADs/IESG.
	Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/Visio-ietf-ips-auth-mib-01.pdf

draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-01.txt has been published as Informational RFC
3385.

-- FC Common Encapsulation

draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-08.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-08.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  In IETF Last Call which will
conclude
	on November 7.

-- FCIP

draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  In IETF Last Call which will
conclude
	on November 7.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-04.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and been
	submitted to ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has been restructured to align with
	new structure of FC Management MIB and been reviewed by the WG's
	MIB Technical Expert.  In WG Last Call, which will end on November
10.

-- iFCP

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-13.txt
draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-13.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  In IETF Last Call which will
conclude
	on November 7.

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-03.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and
	resulting editorial updates have been applied.  Will be forwarded
	to ADs/IESG after review by the WG's MIB expert.
	
-- iSNS

draft-ietf-ips-isns-14.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Completed first WG Last Call, but
will
	need another one due to the volume of resulting changes.  No
technical
	issues are believed to be open.  The -14 version is believed to
contain
	all the required changes and will go to WG Last Call shortly.
		The related draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-03.txt requests
allocation
		of a DHC option code for iSNS, and is being handled in the
DHC WG.

draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-02.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  WG Last Call should be within
	next month.
	
-- SCSI MIB

draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-04.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  -04 version will go to WG Last Call
soon.
		Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-uml-model-01.pdf
		Diagram showing relationships among SCSI family of MIBS
available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-mib-family-01.pdf

-- Fibre Channel Management MIB

draft-ietf-ips-fcmgmt-mib-03.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  This work has been transferred
	to the IPS WG from the IPFC WG, and the scope has been expanded
	to include replacement of the FC Fabric Element MIB (RFC 2837).
	Has completed WG Last Call.  -03 version contains minor changes
	resulting from WG Last Call and will be forwarded to ADs/IESG
shortly.

-- Last Call Drafts

draft-ietf-ips-fcencap-wglc-01.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcip-wglc-02.txt
draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-wglcc-00.txt
	These drafts will not be published as RFCs.  They exist solely to
record
	the resolution of WG Last Call comments on the FC Encapsulation,
	FCIP and iFCP drafts.

----- Document Completion Guesstimates ------

The drafts that have not completed WG Last Call fall into three categories:

(1) Completed WG Last Call, but needs another one to check changes
	resulting from the first WG Last Call.
		- iSNS

(2) In WG Last Call
		- FCIP MIB (ends November 10)

(3) WG Last Call still needed for:
		- iSNS MIB
		- iSCSI SLP
		- SCSI MIB

The WG co-chairs expect to announce WG Last Calls for some of the
four remaining drafts that need them next week - the Last Calls will
close at least a week after the Atlanta meetings.

-- Potential Additional Work

Additional drafts may be forthcoming on:
	- Issues involved in gateways and bridges between iSCSI and other
SCSI
		protocols.  There has been work in this area, but the draft
was
		not submitted in time for Atlanta meeting.
	- Additional MIB(s) that extend the FC Management MIB to cover
additional
		aspects of Fibre Channel.
  	- iSNS extensions to support FCIP in addition to iFCP and iSNS.
	- Addition of a new iSCSI name type (NAA) in order to coordinate
		SCSI device naming across transports with T10 - this is
motivated
		by VPD usage for multi-protocol devices rather than an iSCSI
		need for a third class of names.
			draft-krueger-iscsi-name-ext-00.txt
	- DHCP support for boot failure notification.
			draft-bakke-dhc-snmp-trap-00.txt  Will also need
review
		in dhc wg and from MIB/SNMP experts.