Subject: IP Storage Atlanta Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:52:13 -0500

IETF IP Storage (IPS) Working Group
Atlanta IETF Meeting, November 18-21, 2002
-------------------------------------------

CHAIRS:
	David L. Black <[email-masked]>
	Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>  **NEW EMAIL**

AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Announcement:  The IPS WG's work program is close to complete.  All
remaining
	WG drafts will go to WG Last Call shortly after Atlanta at the
latest.

Most of the IPS WG drafts are NOT listed on this agenda as their
authors and WG co-chairs are not aware of any open technical
issues requiring meeting time to discuss, and most have completed
WG Last Call.

---- Monday, November 18, 1300-1500 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (15 min)
	- BLUE SHEETS
	- NOTE WELL
	- Status of drafts
	- Future of IPS WG (chairs and ADs)

- SCSI MIB (15 min) draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-04.txt
	Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-uml-model-01.pdf
	Diagram showing relationships among SCSI family of MIBS available
at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-mib-family-01.pdf

- DHC support for iSCSI boot failure notification (15 min)
	draft-bakke-dhc-snmp-trap-01.txt

	If this draft is to go forward, it will do so in the DHC WG, but
	it's on the agenda here to discuss the problem and proposed approach
	to solving it.

- NAA naming format for iSCSI (30 min) draft-krueger-iscsi-name-ext-00.txt
	This draft proposes to add a new .naa naming format to iSCSI in
	addition to the current .iqn and .eui formats.  A significant
	motivation for this is an desire by T10 (ANSI organization that
	handles SCSI standards) to obtain consistent SCSI device
	naming across SCSI transports.

	The authors request that the IPS WG adopt this draft as an official
	work item.  It would become a separate RFC rather than being folded
	into the main iSCSI draft.

- Any other business/questions (time remaining)

DESCRIPTION:

	The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
block storage
	traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html