Subject: RE: [Ips] Full Feature Phase and Digests

From: "Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:18:35 -0800

Header\Data digest can be used only in FFP.
 
 -lakshmi

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of dan yo
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 10:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ips] Full Feature Phase and Digests

Hi,
I have a question on whether digest (header and data) can appear before
the FFP.
I found the same question from the archive but couldn't find the answer,
could someone confirm.  Thanks.
Dan
 
An earlier email from archive:
 
I am not sure if this is the place for me to ask this question, so
forgive me if I am out of line. 
Is there a difference between S5: LOGGED_IN and Full Feature Phase
(a.k.a. full-feature phase in some parts of the document; it would be
nice if they were all the same; I am not a regex guru)?
If so, and I understand the digest section, neither the logout or login
PDU's will have digests on them. I believe this holds even after the
first connection of the session, because later connections are not yet
in Full Feature Phase (S5).
 
I.e. Only iSCSI op codes 0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x05, 0x010, 0x1c-0x1e
(maybe) for the initiator, and 0x20, 0x21, 0x22, 0x24, 0x25, 0x31, 0x32,
0x3c-0x3e (maybe), 0x3f for the target (anything not Logout or Login)
will have the Digests and they must have them if stated in Login of the
session?

Am I right?

TIA

Sincerely,

Randy Jennings

Data Transit

________________________________

Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
<http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=1&redirectURL=http://launch.y
ahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/>