Subject: [Ips] IPS Security draft change to SLP text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:59:23 -0500

Everyone,

In working through the security issues that were holding up the SLP
drafts for iSCSI and FCIP, we ran across an oversight in the main
IPS security draft (draft-ietf-ips-security-19.txt), where a "MUST
implement" requirement was applied to IPsec for SLP by mistake.  The
correct requirement level is "SHOULD implement".

The RFC Editor will be asked to make the two text changes shown below
(our Area Director has approved these changes).  These are *not* technical
change - they bring the IPS security draft into line with what the WG
approved as the security requirements (which are correctly reflected
in the two SLP drafts).

FYI and sorry for missing this earlier,
--David

In Section 2.5.1 change:

"In order to provide the required security functionality,
iSCSI and FCIP security implementations SHOULD protect SLPv2 messages sent
via unicast using IPsec ESP with a non-null transform. "

To:

"In order to provide the required security functionality, iSCSI and FCIP
implementations supporting SLPv2 security SHOULD protect SLPv2 messages
sent via unicast using IPsec ESP with a non-null transform."

In Section 2.5.2, change:

"iSCSI and FCIP security implementations MUST support
confidentiality as well as authentication of unicast SLPv2 messages."

To:

"iSCSI and FCIP security implementations supporting SLPv2 security
SHOULD encrypt as well as authenticate and integrity-protect unicast
SLPv2 messages."

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips