Subject: [Ips] iSCSI Digest Clarification

From: "Ramesh Mangamuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:32:42 -0800

Hi Folks,
 
If initiator had negotiated for Header & Data Digest during discovery
session, is there still an explicit need for it to negotiate these
digests during Normal session?
 
Thanks,
Ramesh Mangamuri

---

From: Carlos Rimola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:48:56 -0800

At 11:32 AM 1/29/2004, Ramesh Mangamuri wrote:

Hi
Folks,

Thanks,

Ramesh Mangamuri

Yes - the Header and Data digests that were negotiated during the
discovery session only apply to that session and not to sub-sequent
sessions.  Moreover, if I am not mistaken, this are connection
specific parameters so you must re-negotiate them per connection if you
are using multiple connections.

Carlos Rimola

[email-masked]

Member of Technical Staff

Silverback Systems

www.silverbacksystems.com

408-376-1293

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:46:48 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Carlos Rimola wrote:

>       If initiator had negotiated for Header & Data Digest during
>       discovery session, is there still an explicit need for it to
>       negotiate these digests during Normal session?

[snip]

> sessions.  Moreover, if I am not mistaken, this are connection specific
> parameters so you must re-negotiate them per connection if you are using
> multiple connections.

Yes, they and markers are per-connection.

Take care,

Bill