Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set

From: "Ramesh Mangamuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:56:55 -0800

I wanted to hold on my previous mail regarding ABORT TASK SET because of
the following information that I run across. 

As per SCSI Spec if TST = 000b, then SCSI Target maintains task set per
LUN for all initiators. So if there are two iSCSI initiators that have
different sessions opened to the same LUN on a target, then all tasks
(from both initiators) will be entered into the same SCSI TASK
SET(assuming TST=000b).If one of the initiators issues ABORT TASK SET,
don't the tasks from other initiator get affected???????( because they
are in the same task set)

Can some one please clarify this one????

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramesh Mangamuri 
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 10:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Julian Satran; Mallikarjun C.; Eddy Quicksall; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set

Hence we only need to consider this multiple session stuff for CLEAR
TASK SET only. I have got confused by the subject of this mail

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:49 PM
To: Ramesh Mangamuri
Cc: Julian Satran; Mallikarjun C.; Eddy Quicksall; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Ramesh Mangamuri wrote:

> If I understood this discussion correctly and 10.5.1, I didn't
> understand why we consider about Commands from other sessions from
> different initiators. 10.5.1 mentioned clearly that "ABORT TASK SET"
> only aborts tasks issued via this session.

CLEAR TASK SET when TST is 000b does abort tasks from other initiators.

Take care,

Bill

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:51:21 -0800 (PST)

>From SAM-2 about ABORT TASK SET:

All tasks from that initiator in the task set serviced by the logical unit
shall be aborted. Tasks from other initiators or in other task sets shall
not be aborted.

ABORT TASK SET always only effects tasks from the initiator requesting it.
CLEAR TASK SET always effects all tasks in the task set.

Take care,

Bill

---

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 20:52:48 -0500

Regarding TST==0, that was my error, it is as Bill says. I was thinking
CLEAR TASK SET when I said that but I put it under ABORT TASK SET.

Eddy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Ramesh Mangamuri" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>; "Mallikarjun C."
<[email-masked]>; "Eddy Quicksall"
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:51 PM
Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set