Subject: RE: CSM [Ips] iSCSI: ErrorRecoveryLevel=2 Interoperability Issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:48:12 -0500

I want to close out this thread because the words "Interoperability
Issue" appeared in its subject line.  I agree with Mallikarjun that:

> > The net is that I do not see an interoperability problem,
> > nor anything that needs changing in the spec.

The only ill effect I've seen described is that if the SHOULD is
ignored, error recovery gets messier in that a blunter mechanism
(Session Reinstatement) has to be used as a fall-back when the
connection recovery fails.  While having to fall-back in this
fashion is not pleasant, this is already an error-recovery
(exceptional case), and having to use a blunter mechanism that
is more disruptive is well within reason as a consequence of
ignoring a "SHOULD".

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips