Subject: [IPS] iSCSI: Text Command with F Bit set to 0

From: "Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:50:13 -0800

Section 10.10.4 Target Transfer Tag says that if the target sets F bit
to 0,
and C Bit to 1 in Text Response, initiator MUST send an emptry Text
Request
with the same Target Transfer Tag given by the target in the response.

Is the Command Sequence Number (CmdSN) incremented each time the
initiator
sends the empty text request? Or, should it use the same CmdSN it had
specified in the initial Text Request?

thanks!
 -lakshmi

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:19:53 -0800 (PST)

> specified in the initial Text Request?

It certainly should not use the same CmdSN as the initial request. The
CmdSN window will keep moving, and if the follow-up PDU's CmdSN is outside
of the CmdSN window it will get dropped.

The initiator has two choices here, and they are the same ones as for a
SCSI command. Either send the PDU non-immediate and then incriment CmdSN,
or send the command immediate and use the next-command CmdSN.

Take care,

Bill

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:28:08 +0200

Lakshmi,

Sorry for the delay.
There is no exception from the CmDSN increment rule in this case unless 
the I bit is 1.

Julo

"Lakshmi Ramasubramanian" <[email-masked]> 
03/02/2004 23:50

To
"Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[IPS] iSCSI: Text Command with F Bit set to 0

thanks!
 -lakshmi