Subject: [Ips] Behavior of iSCSI initiator , in case of Data-Out PDU Digest Error ?

From: Naveen Burmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:26:48 +0530

Need some clarification on the behavior of iSCSI initiator under the 
following condition:

One of the data PDUs received by the target fails to pass Data Digest Check. 
The target (542x) rejects the Data PDU with reason code Data Digest Error. 
The target eventually terminates the task with a response PDU with a CHECK 
CONDITION Status and an iSCSI Condition of "protocol service CRC error".

Are we allowed to retry the command within the iSCSI driver?
If yes, does the CmdSN, itt need to be the same?

Thanks,
Naveen.

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:00:06 +0200

If the task is terminated at the target by SCSI with a check condition you 
are supposed to pass this condition to the SCSI layer at the initiator and 
no retry the command.
The target may ask the data again through a recovery R2T and terminate 
without error. There is little else you can do - except if the initiator 
has not yet finished the offending sequence when seeing the reject - in 
which case if data in-sequence can be out-of-order and the recovery level 
is right you may resend the offending PDU (it may confuse some targets !).

Julo

Naveen Burmi <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
23/02/2004 13:56
Please respond to
naveenb

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[Ips] Behavior of iSCSI initiator , in case of Data-Out PDU Digest Error ?

One of the data PDUs received by the target fails to pass Data Digest 
Check. 
The target (542x) rejects the Data PDU with reason code Data Digest Error. 

Thanks,
Naveen.