Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set

From: "Ramesh Mangamuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:31:22 -0800

Ultimately the iSCSI TMF(ABORT TASK SET) will be handed over to SCSI
Layer. How the SCSI layer differentiates between different initiator
tasks that present in the same task set??? 

-----Original Message----- Julian Satran
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 1:51 PM
To: Ramesh Mangamuri
Cc: Julian Satran; Mallikarjun C.; Eddy Quicksall; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: Fw: [Ips] iSCSI: abort task set

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ramesh Mangamuri wrote:

> I wanted to hold on my previous mail regarding ABORT TASK SET because
of
> the following information that I run across.
>
> As per SCSI Spec if TST = 000b, then SCSI Target maintains task set
per
> LUN for all initiators. So if there are two iSCSI initiators that have
> different sessions opened to the same LUN on a target, then all tasks
> (from both initiators) will be entered into the same SCSI TASK
> SET(assuming TST=000b).If one of the initiators issues ABORT TASK SET,
> don't the tasks from other initiator get affected???????( because they
> are in the same task set)
>
> Can some one please clarify this one????

>From SAM-2 about ABORT TASK SET:

All tasks from that initiator in the task set serviced by the logical
unit
shall be aborted. Tasks from other initiators or in other task sets
shall
not be aborted.

ABORT TASK SET always only effects tasks from the initiator requesting
it.
CLEAR TASK SET always effects all tasks in the task set.

Take care,

Bill

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:23:55 -0800 (PST)

> tasks that present in the same task set???

The SCSI layer has to have some linkage so that it can send data back to
the initiator. So for ABORT TASK SET, all it has to do is identify the I_T
nexus for the TMF(ATS) and then find all tasks that have that linkage.

Take care,

Bill