Subject: [Ips] March 2004 Status of Drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:19:53 -0500

This is what the WG chairs believe to be the current status of
drafts in the IP Storage (ips) Working Group.  Let us know if
there are any questions or errors.

Thanks,
--David (for David and Elizabeth, IPS WG co-chairs)

IETF IP Storage (ips) Working Group
WG Internet-Draft Status: March 2004
------------------------------------

Summary: 22 drafts total:
	- 3 have been published as RFCs.
	- 6 have been approved for RFC publication by the IESG and are in
		the RFC Editor Queue awaiting approval of drafts they depend
		on and/or editing.  The RFC Editor is close to publishing
		some of these drafts.
	- 4 are awaiting further AD/IESG action, mostly after revisions to
		respond to IESG issues.
	- 5 MIBs have completed WG Last Call with all technical issues
resolved
		and are in Expert Review at the IESG.
	- 1 MIB completed Expert Review and needs to be revised to respond
		to the Expert Review Comments.
	- 1 (plus a related DHC WG draft) needs IPS WG chair attention
		to resolve technical issues that have arisen during AD/IESG
		review.  Expect email to the list on the IPS draft
(iscsi-slp)
		shortly.  The DHC WG draft will take longer to get to.
	- 2 have completed WG Last Call, but require revisions before being
		submitted to the ADs/IESG.

IESG draft tracker - https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi
	This tracks status of drafts that have been submitted to the
ADs/IESG
	and indicates only the existence of those that have not.  Status
	with respect to WG Last Call is not tracked by this tool.

NOTE: PDF versions for some drafts are for ease of review only.  The
	definitive format for RFCs is text, and it is the text versions
	that will be forwarded to the IESG for publication as RFCs.

-- Security for all IPS protocols

draft-ietf-ips-security-19.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Approved by the IESG for RFC
publication,
	in RFC Editor Queue.

-- iSCSI
 
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt
draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.pdf
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Approved by the IESG for RFC
	publication, in RFC Editor Queue.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-12.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Completed WG Last Call and
	submitted to the ADs/IESG.  Has been revised to respond to IESG
	comments and is about to be sent back to the ADs for further
	IESG action.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-reqmts-06.txt has been published as Informational RFC
3347.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-10.txt
	To become an informational RFC.  Approved by the IESG for RFC
	publication, in RFC Editor Queue.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-06.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Updated version has corrected
nits
	and addressed relevant expert review comments from FCIP SLP draft.
	Still has an iSNS-related issue that needs to be sorted out.  WG
chairs
	will get to this shortly.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-string-prep-06.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Approved by the IESG for RFC
	publication, in RFC Editor Queue.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-09.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and been
	submitted to ADs/IESG.  Currently in Expert Review.

draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-05.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC. User identity information MIB split
out
	from basic iSCSI MIB for more general use, but currently only being
	used for iSCSI.  Has completed WG Last Call and been submitted to
	ADs/IESG.  Currently in Expert Review.

draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-01.txt has been published as Informational RFC
3385.
	This was not a working group draft, but records information that the
	WG found very useful in designing CRC functionality for iSCSI.

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-ext-02.txt
	To become a Proposed Standard RFC.  Has passed WG Last Call, but
	needs a revision to cross-protocol consistency rationale before
being
	submitted to ADs/IESG.

draft-ietf-ips-command-ordering-02.txt
	To become an Informational RFC.  Has passed WG Last Call and been
	submitted to ADs/IESG.

-- FC Common Encapsulation

draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-09.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-09.pdf
	Published as Proposed Standard RFC 3643

-- FCIP

draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.txt
draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Approved by IESG for RFC
publication,
	in RFC Editor Queue.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-09.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Revised version has dealt with
expert
	review comments and nits, and is awaiting further AD action.  It
	should go to IETF Last Call.

draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-05.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has been submitted to the ADs/IESG.
	Currently in Expert Review.

-- iFCP

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-14.txt
draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-14.pdf
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Approved by IESG for RFC
publication,
	in RFC Editor Queue.

draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-05.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and
	resulting editorial updates have been applied.  Has been submitted
	to the ADs/IESG.  Currently in Expert Review.

-- iSNS

draft-ietf-ips-isns-22.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call, and been
	forwarded to ADs/IESG.  With luck, -22 contains the last set of
	changes required to respond to IESG coments.  Awaiting further AD
action.
		The related draft-ietf-dhc-isnsoption-11.txt requests
allocation
		of a DHC option code for iSNS, and has completed a joint IPS
WG/
		DHC WG last call.  Draft is currently blocked on an IESG
security
		issue that the draft authors are not able to resolve.  One
of the
		IPS WG chairs will try to write new security text for this
draft
		in the near future.

draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-05.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call.  Still
needs
	revision to respond to WG's MIB Expert comments.  Draft has not been
	revised recently, and has been removed from Internet-Draft servers
for
	this reason; the new version will be -06.
  
-- SCSI MIB

draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-06.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  Has completed WG Last Call been
	revised to address issues found by the WG's MIB expert.  Has been
	forwarded to ADs/IESG.  Currently in Expert Review.

-- Fibre Channel Management MIB

draft-ietf-ips-fcmgmt-mib-04.txt
	To be a proposed standard RFC.  This work has been transferred
	to the IPS WG from the IPFC WG, and the scope has been expanded
	to include replacement of the FC Fabric Element MIB (RFC 2837).
	Has completed WG Last Call and has been forwarded to ADs/IESG.
      Expert review comments have been received - a revised version will
	be prepared to respond to them.

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:43:09 -0500

> iSCSI has also entered 48h - the RFC number is 3720 - julo 

Before people get too excited, I need to say that between the
amount of final editing needed (both errata we've found and
things the RFC Editor has turned up) and the fact that a
number of RFCs have to be published simultaneously, the "48
hours" stage for iSCSI is going to take considerably longer
than 48 hours.  Please don't start asking "where's the RFC?"
for at least a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------