Subject: [Ips] iSCSI SLP draft status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:44:28 -0500

In the status of drafts email that I just sent, the status of this
draft was indicated as:

draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-06.txt
	To become a proposed standard RFC.  Updated version has corrected
nits
	and addressed relevant expert review comments from FCIP SLP draft.
	Still has an iSNS-related issue that needs to be sorted out.  WG
	chairs will get to this shortly.

So, here's one of your WG chairs picking up that cue ... between
Josh (>>) and Bill (>), we have the following:

> > I would agree, and would request that the iSCSI-SLP draft author (Mark
> > Bakke, you still there?) to incorporate a precedence attribute into the
> > sms template.
> 
> That's now two outstanding requests against the iSCSI-SLP draft. The other
> (repeated for clarity) is that we add a transport attribute for iSNS
> servers so that a client knows if it should use tcp or udp to 
> reach the server.
> 
> I second Josh's request that we make these changes. :-)
> 
> Elizabeth & David, where do we stand on this draft?

The draft needs to be modified so that it works properly with iSNS, as
we've described iSNS as being discoverable via SLP for a long time.
The draft is currently being held (Revised Draft Needed state in the
draft tracker) so that it can be suitably modified.  In order to move
forward here, I need someone to propose specific text additions
and/or changes to resolve the above two issues - send the proposed
additions and/or changes to the list.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:45:14 -0600

I'm still here, and I owe the team some security section changes to match
those done for the FCIP-SLP draft.  I'll generate some text.

--
Mark