Subject: RE: [Ips] New iscsi-slp draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:11:55 -0400

>   Added to auth-name, auth-addr, auth-cred, and boot-list attributes:
> 
>     # This attribute contains security policy information.  If this
>     # attribute is distributed via an Attribute Reply message,
>     # IPsec MUST be used.

Oops, that should say "MUST be implemented", not "MUST be used".  The
IPsec requirement is "MUST implement, MAY use" when distributing security
policy information (for iSCSI SLP, this means distribution of anything
containing identity info on initiators that can access a target).

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:37:34 -0500

My bad; I must have been typing too fast.  Should I issue another draft, or
should I do this during auth48?