Subject: [Ips] iSCSI application characteristics

From: "Nishit S. Shah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:59:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I am studying the application characteristics of storage protocols like
iSCSI.

I need some help in figuring out some characteristics of iSCSI like:

Typically how many sessions are maintained by an initiator/target.
How many connections one usually supports per session.
What is the state maintained per session and what are the typical data
structures used.

Could you please forward me a pointer which can be of use?

Thank you very much for your help,
Nishit

| Nishit Sureshchandra Shah | (512) 658-8257 | Off: ACES 6.402 |

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: David Weibel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:42:54 -0600

[not to plug it but it's a good book] Pick up the book iSCSI
by John L. Hufferd.  It provides examples of iSCSI applications
and provides additional answers to your questions.

In addition the iSCSI specification give lots of examples.
Specifically the appendix which includes example structures
and algorithms.

-dcw