Subject: [Ips] testbed setup for validating iSCSI implementation

From: Motwani Girish Manoharlal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 12:37:04 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,
	I am working on implementing the iSCSI protocol in ns-2. I have
been able to implement a subset of the protocol ( from the drafts ) and
integrate disksim with ns-2.
	Has there been any study on the performance of the protocol so
that I can compare my results by setting up a tested identical to the
testbed considered for this study.

regards,
-girish

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Pat LaVarre <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 May 2004 10:30:53 -0600

> implementing the iSCSI protocol in ns-2
> from the drafts ... disksim ...
> any study on the performance ...

I have no answer, sorry, I'm writing just to say I look forward to
hearing here later what you actually find useful.

Myself I have not yet made useful in design any benchmark of disk
thruput other than the maximally and minimally complex extremes.

By "maximally complex" I mean drag & drop of unusually well structured
file sets, measure wall clock elapsed with a stopwatch.  By "minimally
complex" I mean the trivial raw rates of dd of=/dev/null and dd
if=/dev/zero.

Pat LaVarre