Subject: [Ips] Parallelism / Thread identification for a target.

From: Faraz S <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:42:08 +0530

Hi Everybody;
	We need to implement a high performance (Terms of I/O bandwith) iSCSI
target. We did think of a high level design in which we had come up with
following threads (considering only 1 session with NR_CONNECTION number
of connections per session).

1 Thread to Listen for incomming Login requests.
1 Thread per connection to recieve and queue iSCSI resquest.
1 Thread per connection to send iSCSI resquests.

so numbers of threads come to    1 + 2(NR_CONNECTION) (which comes to 5
with connections=2)

Can somebody justify the above kernel thread usage along the Lines.
1. Finally all send and recieves are going to be serialized over a
physical interface. So how does the number of interfaces(pyhsical lines)
we have affect the thread equation.

2. How can multiple sessions be added and will be thier effect on the
thread equation.

	I may be completely wrong in the High level desing. So please can
somebody give me a set of guidelines which describes the various
subsystems and the parallel threads of iSCSI target. To be implemented
on Linux.
 
Regards
Faraz.
-- 

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips