Subject: [Ips] Clarification of MaxBurstLength parameter

From: "BillMurray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:36:45 -0500

Am I correct in thinking that MaxBurstLength governs the TOTAL amount
of solicited data sent across the 'entire sequence' of Data-in/Data-out
PDU's or is it the maximum length of just one Data-in/Data-out PDU?

12.13.  MaxBurstLength

The initiator and target negotiate maximum SCSI data payload in bytes
in a Data-In or a solicited Data-Out iSCSI sequence.  A sequence
consists of one or more consecutive Data-In or Data-Out PDUs that end
with a Data-In or Data-Out PDU with the F bit set to one.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:13:28 +0200

> PDU's or is it the maximum length of just one Data-in/Data-out PDU?

TOTAL of a sequence not the whole command.