Subject: [Ips] TargetPortalGroupTag parameter negotiation...

From: Manohars <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:49:25 +0530

Sir,
	Section 12.9 says about the TargetPortalGroupTag as: "The iSCSI target
returns this key to the initiator in the Login Response PDU to the first
Login Request PDU that has the C bit set to 0."

	But in the case of UNH-iSCSI Target this is not the behavior. i.e., it will
not return the TargetPortalGroupTag key-value pair.(The same information
will be provided in response to the SendTargets as TargetAddress key-value
pair during the discovery session).
	But from Microsoft Initiator even if we do Static Target Configuration and
do the login, the MS Initiator quietly accepts the response without
TargetPortalGroupTag and proceeds to the next stage.

	Currently our implementation is not supporting Discovery session and we are
expecting the TargetPortalGroupTag to be returned with the First Login
response PDU. What should we do? shall we accept the response and proceed to
the next stage or drop the session (current implementation).

	Thanks in advance,

with regards,
Manohar S.

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: "Robert D. Russell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:44:05 -0500 (EST)

Manohar:

> not return the TargetPortalGroupTag key-value pair.

The UNH-iSCSI Target can be configured to either send or not send the
TargetPortalGroupTag key-value pair.  You must not have it configured
correctly.  I suggest we take this thread off the reflector to discuss
the details, since this has nothing to do with the iSCSI standard.

Best,
Bob Russell
[email-masked]

> (The same information