Subject: [Ips] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:54:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for User Identity Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Bakke, J. Muchow
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2005-1-27
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.
   In particular it defines objects for managing user identities and the
   names, addresses, and credentials required manage access control, for
   use with various protocols.  This draft was motivated by the need for
   the configuration of authorized user identities for the iSCSI
   protocol, but has been extended to be useful for other protocols that
   have similar requirements.  It is important to note that this MIB
   module provides only the set of identities to be used within access
   lists; it is the responsibility of other MIB modules making use of
   this one to tie them to their own access lists or other authorization
   control methods.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:39:08 -0600

This draft was issued to address Michael MacFaden's MIB doctor review
comments.  It also addresses a few issues (StorageType and top-level
numbering) brought up in the iSCSI MIB review that apply here as well.

Here is a brief summary of changes since -05:

- IANA Considerations section added requesting OID
- Text added to 4.2 to clarify that index values need not be preserved 
across reboots
- Added the use of the StorageType TC for all tables containing RowStatus
  (this addresses a comment against the iSCSI MIB which also applies here)
- Renumbered top level to match Appendix D of 
draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-03.txt
- Added DESCRIPTION text to Index attributes to say they need not be 
preserved across reboots
- Updated DESCRIPTIONs on RowStatus attributes
- Added REFERENCE fields for ChapUserName, SrpUserName, and 
KerbPrincipal attributes
- Moved CHAP, SRP, and Kerberos references to Normative section

And a few administrative changes:
- Authors' addresses updated
- Authors' phone numbers removed
- Dates updated
- Updated IPR Notice
- Updated first page IPR Notice
- Updated copyright statement
- Updated references

This MIB module passed smilint 0.4.3 with no errors.

Diffs between -05 and -06 are available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/auth-mib-diffs-05-06.txt

The draft, along with a .mi2 MIB-only (no internet-draft text) file are
available at ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/

Mark

[email-masked] wrote:

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>In order to maintain computing infrastructure integrity, Cisco Systems
>Enterprise Messaging Services and InfoSec teams have set a mail policy
>disallowing executable attachments in email.
>
>This message contained an executable attachment type that is prohibited 
>by this policy. The attachment has been removed from this message and 
>copied to quarantine by our systems. It will be held in quarantine for
>seven days in the event that the content needs to be retrieved.
>
>Please be aware many viruses attempt to look like legitimate email or 
>notifications from anti-virus systems. We will clearly mark a seperation
>between our notifications and the original email as follows:
>
>  "CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY"
>
>For further reference information about viruses and email antivirus 
>efforts within Cisco, please visit:
>
>http://wwwin.cisco.com/it/ems/services/antiviral
>
>If your concern isn't addressed by the information in this notification 
>or the above web page, you may open a support request:
>
>http://wwwin.cisco.com/support/
>
>Select "Messaging", "Email-Related", "Mail Routing"
>
>Please include in the text of your case the following information:
>
>* Full headers of the message. Documentation on displaying the full 
>headers is available at this URL:
>
>http://wwwin.cisco.com/support/library/faqs/solution002471.html 
>
>* This unique quarantine identifier: j0RLTCoI007790
>
>If the matter is urgent, you may follow up by calling one of the below 
>referenced numbers. Please make every effort to provide the above 
>requested information via the support web tool prior to calling as it 
>will greatly aid the resolution of your issue.
>
>Americas:
>1 408 526 8888
>
>Asiapac
>+61 2 8446 8888
>
>EMEA
>+31 20 485 4888
>
>Japan
>+81 3 5549 6888
>
>US (Toll Free)
>1| 800| 888| 8187| (ext.68888)
>
>Thank you for your cooperation,
>
>Enterprise Messaging Services
>Cisco Systems, Inc
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>