Subject: [Ips] "proposed access type specification"

From: Dave Wysochanski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:51:14 -0500

I would like to propose a public extension key to the group, however,
I'm a little unsure of the format for the proposal.  Reading through
RFC 3720, it seems I need a "proposed access type specification".
I've looked around but I'm still not sure what this lingo means.  Can
someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

13.5.1.  Present the iSCSI extension item to the Community

   Send a proposed access type specification to the IPS WG mailing list,
   or if the IPS WG is disbanded at the registration time, to a mailing
   list designated by the IETF Transport Area Director for a review
   period of a month.  The intent of the public posting is to solicit
   comments and feedback on the iSCSI extension item specification and a
   review of any security considerations.

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: William Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:26:18 -0800

> someone point me in the right direction?

I think the first step is an informal proposal. What exactly do you 
want to add? :-)

Take care,

Bill

---

From: David Wysochanski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:57:20 -0500

William Studenmund wrote:
> I think the first step is an informal proposal. What exactly do you want 
> to add? :-)
> 
> Take care,
> 
> Bill

Ok, I'll just post what I have.

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:53:40 -0600

Dear Dave,

RFC 3720 provides for extensions that fall in one of three categories:
extended keys
new authentication methods
new digests

The wording "access type specification" is an unfortunate residue of old 
text that has escaped so many readings..
The correct wording (that I will add to the errata) should be "extension 
specification".

Thanks,
Julo

Dave Wysochanski <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
10/03/2005 20:51

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[Ips] "proposed access type specification"

Thanks.