Subject: RE: [Ips]Invalid key

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:45:12 -0400

First of all ...

> Disclaimer:
> 
> This message and any attachment(s) contained here are 
> information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL 
> Technologies and its customers, privileged or otherwise 
> protected by law.

[... remainder snipped ...] 

Disclaimers like that do not work when email is sent to a
public IETF mailing list including this one - please remove
them from all emails, as they are completely inappropriate for
this list, as the only thing they will accomplish is to annoy
people.  Send any followups on this issue *directly* to me,
and *not* to the list.

>  According to the iscsi RFC 3720, mentioned in the section  5.2
> 
> "Any key not understood by the acceptor may be ignored by the
> acceptor without affecting the basic function. However, the answer
> for a key not understood MUST be key=NotUnderstood."
> 
> I would like to know that if initiator sends any invalid key 
> name and a value
> pair to the iscsi target, should the target  ignore the key pair
> without responding or target should respond as invalid 
> key=NotUnderstood.

The NotUnderstood response is REQUIRED (so that the initiator
knows that something it tried didn't work).  Beyond, that, the
target can do what it likes with that key, including nothing else.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips